Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Glassware in Europe
chromium
Hazard to Others

Mood: reactive

[*] posted on 1-6-2006 at 23:22
Glassware in Europe

Where do you buy your glassware in Europe? My glassware has 29/32 and 14/23 joints so i can not buy additional items from USA.

Most of things in German e-bay are sent to Germany only. Choice of products too is not as extensive as in the USA. So where do you buy your glassware in Europe? I am especially in need for 40cm Hempel column and vacuum-proof distillation bridge.
Archimede
Harmless

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 4-6-2006 at 11:04

Which country?

In Italy , I remember I had a farmacy/drug store that had an assortment of glassware and basic elements (chemistry students bought stuff there often too). I remember the lady's face when I first asked for pure sodium.... then she thought about it and said: to test for traces of sodium, you can use common kitchen salt, hon.
If you can find a store like that, ask if they can order what you need from their supplier.

-Archimede
chromium
Hazard to Others

Mood: reactive

[*] posted on 4-6-2006 at 13:04

Quote:
Originally posted by Archimede
In Italy , I remember I had a farmacy/drug store that had an assortment of glassware and basic elements...

This exactly how i have got my glassware so far. I have some stores nearby that sell medicine and veterinary stuff and they also have some basic glassware such as flasks beakers and pipettes. This is used, quite HQ sometimes, always cheap.

Flasks with ground glass joints are very rarely seen there, more complex glassware - never.

I talked with them about ordering for me some items from Simax catalogue (they had one). All seemed ok at first but then it appeared that small quantities are not available (they did not know it before).

I had similar problems with other shops too. It seems that:
1. they all have very poor mangers or
2. in Europe no one wants to sell glassware if just two-three particular items are required from theyr catalogue.

BTW i live in Estonia. (It just means that anything you ever need must be ordered from other countryes and that if you ever ask something then you are first who asks it.)

[Edited on 4-6-2006 by chromium]
Potassiumcyanide
Harmless

Mood: asleep

[*] posted on 7-6-2006 at 09:47

I'm from Germany, so I know some German shops selling glassware.

http://www.laborhandel-krumpholz.de/labger.htm
http://www.carl-roth.de/website/de-de/carl-roth_index.jsp
http://www.neubert-glas.de

these are some German shops I know.
I don't know if they sell to USA but I hope, that my first post was able to help you.

Potassiumcyanide

Doing nothing is a bad way of gettig experience

Go To Top