Sciencemadness Discussion Board
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Rearranging structural isomers...?
g1ng3rbr34d_m4n
Harmless

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 4-1-2015 at 11:56
Rearranging structural isomers...?

Bear with me people, I'z R tEH noOBzsss...

Ok, I'm looking to convert a secondary alkyl amine to its structural isomer. Something went awry during a reduction and the product was eventually identified as the structural isomer of the target product. Can I somehow rearrange the product to its proper configuration? If not, can it be oxidized back to the aminoalcohol and reduced again?

I have searched for the last 3 hours and haven't come up with much. I would prefer an electrochemical route that doesn't use unobtainum as an electrode and crazy reagents/solvents...

Again, take it easy on me if I'm asking a stupid question.
Bert
Super Administrator
Thread Moved
4-1-2015 at 12:09
Bert
Super Administrator

Mood: " I think we are all going to die. I think that love is an illusion. We are flawed, my darling".

[*] posted on 4-1-2015 at 12:19

Welcome to the forum-

image.jpg - 493kB

If you want to post a new thread in a chemistry sub forum outside of "beginnings", you will need to follow the guidelines in the FAQ:

Forum topics

And PLEASE remember!

It is ALLWAYS better to post in an existing thread than to open a new one!!!

You might want to download a few references from the sciencemadness.org library-

Rapopart’s Rules for critical commentary:

1. Attempt to re-express your target’s position so clearly, vividly and fairly that your target says: “Thanks, I wish I’d thought of putting it that way.”
2. List any points of agreement (especially if they are not matters of general or widespread agreement).
3. Mention anything you have learned from your target.
4. Only then are you permitted to say so much as a word of rebuttal or criticism.

Anatol Rapoport was a Russian-born American mathematical psychologist (1911-2007).

g1ng3rbr34d_m4n
Harmless

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 4-1-2015 at 12:35

Sorry about that, I'll try to post any new topics in their appropriate forum.

Thanks for the link, never noticed the library before... There is so much information here it's almost overwhelming.

I'll also try to remember to use TFSE.

Go To Top