Sciencemadness Discussion Board
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: How to find the similar structure in nature products?
gogo
Harmless

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 19-6-2006 at 02:23
How to find the similar structure in nature products?

As to the goal of finding new methodology of preparation new compounds, we are trying to find some nature products those can be synthesied by our novel method, however, we cannot be able to find the orginal natural stbstances as we are unware of how to find them.
So are there any body who know how to find the similar structure in the database of natural products? Thanks so much!
azaleaemerson
Harmless

[*] posted on 19-6-2006 at 09:05

Really, you have a new synthetic method, but don't know enough to know where to do substructure searches?

Doing a chemical abstracts search is the most obvious answer using Scifinder. Hell, even do an Aldrich structure search. If you can develop new methods, then I'm sure you're quite able to find appropriate sites and texts.

Az

azalea
gogo
Harmless

[*] posted on 19-6-2006 at 20:14

So far, we can only use CrossFire to search the substurctures, but i don't know how to sort the search results into catalogies in which the natural products are collected. Maybe Scifinder has this function, but up to now, how to use CrossFire to find them? Thanks.
jester
Hazard to Self

Mood: Ice Cool

[*] posted on 4-2-2007 at 23:26

you can try dicitionary of natural products, it will surely help, you can do the structure search too...
Sauron
International Hazard

Mood: metastable

[*] posted on 4-2-2007 at 23:46

CrossFire can be a real kludge. I had a 30 day trial of DiscoveryGate (which included that) and I was not really very impressed. Certainly not for a database product that is so ridiculously expensive.
JohnWW
International Hazard

[*] posted on 5-2-2007 at 00:15

That reminds me: I am still waiting for someone to upload Crossfire Bielstein, and post the link for downloading it.
Nicodem
Super Moderator

[*] posted on 5-2-2007 at 12:08

Beilstein CrossFire Commander (the software) is free and completely useless by itself. It is Beilstein (the service) that is what you probably want. But the account at Beilstein is extremely expensive.

Otherwise Beilstein CrossFire Commander instalation is for example here, or from other libraries, or from MDL homepage where you need to register first. However like I said, unless you have access to Beilstein, instaling the software is completely useless.

…there is a human touch of the cultist “believer” in every theorist that he must struggle against as being unworthy of the scientist. Some of the greatest men of science have publicly repudiated a theory which earlier they hotly defended. In this lies their scientific temper, not in the scientific defense of the theory. - Weston La Barre (Ghost Dance, 1972)

Read the The ScienceMadness Guidelines!
Phel
Hazard to Self

Mood: viscous creep

[*] posted on 5-2-2007 at 12:29

Out of pure curiosity, what does the access to Beilstein cost? I have access to it from home via MDL crossfire Commander, but haven't managed to get it working yet.

Go To Top