Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Analysis of unknown compounds in ceramic glaze
Sedit
International Hazard

Mood: Manic Expressive

[*] posted on 17-1-2015 at 18:01
Analysis of unknown compounds in ceramic glaze

Is anyone here capable to telling the ratio and chemistry in a sample of ceramic glaze that was mixed up by one of our students at the local college.

If able how much would it cost because the glaze is a favorite but sadly its not reproducible due to it being a mixture of two failed glazes and we are currently down to the bottom of what we have left of it. I was approached and asked if I had a means of telling the ratio of chemicals contained in the mix but it is out of my ability range.

Any takers?

Knowledge is useless to useless people...

"I see a lot of patterns in our behavior as a nation that parallel a lot of other historical processes. The fall of Rome, the fall of Germany — the fall of the ruling country, the people who think they can do whatever they want without anybody else's consent. I've seen this story before."~Maynard James Keenan
Oscilllator
National Hazard

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 17-1-2015 at 20:07

Wait, so you want to mail someone a sample of the glaze so that they can analyse it for you?
I think your first port of call should be the chemistry department at said college. I imagine there's somebody there that can help you.
gdflp
Super Moderator

Mood: Staring at code

[*] posted on 17-1-2015 at 20:16

I agree with Oscillator, but it's still an interesting problem. Do you know what compounds could possibly be present? Where are you located?
Sedit
International Hazard

Mood: Manic Expressive

[*] posted on 18-1-2015 at 09:55

I doubt that this piss ant community college in the poorest county in the state will have the equipment needed to do such a thing but i could be wrong. Im located on the east coast. It might be possible to get an idea of whats in it but the ratios would be needed as well.

Knowledge is useless to useless people...

"I see a lot of patterns in our behavior as a nation that parallel a lot of other historical processes. The fall of Rome, the fall of Germany — the fall of the ruling country, the people who think they can do whatever they want without anybody else's consent. I've seen this story before."~Maynard James Keenan

Go To Top