Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Nitrosucrose nitration length
Trotsky
Hazard to Others

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 24-1-2015 at 02:51
Nitrosucrose nitration length

Say I had 40g of sucrose nitrated once, so, some blend of various nitrates of sucrose (mono, di, tri, etc). It hasn't been removed from the nitration bath yet. Would it be more beneficial to leave the nitration run longer, or repeat it a few times? I've had better luck with NC running longer than shorter multiple nitrations, but I've attributed that to the better ability it has to work it's way into the fibrous material, which wouldn't be an issue with sucrose.

Additionally, I've read the thread here on the topic, and looked around and can't find a VoD for Nitrosucrose. Has anyone here experimented with it beyond the synthesis? How sensitive is it? Perhaps blend with AN instead of nitrostarch?

Thanks!
Bert
Super Administrator
Thread Moved
24-1-2015 at 04:12
kecskesajt
Hazard to Others

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 27-1-2015 at 10:37

You can remove the lower nitrated products by recrystalisation with acetone. http://www.sciencemadness.org/talk/viewthread.php?tid=13700 Also,it will get oxidised by the HNO3 and give lower yields.Try to look for infos on Pubchem or somthing.
Bert
Super Administrator

Mood: " I think we are all going to die. I think that love is an illusion. We are flawed, my darling".

[*] posted on 27-1-2015 at 12:30

You could look in the sciencemadness.org library.

http://library.sciencemadness.org/library/books/the_chemistr...

From Tenney L. Davis: Chemistey of Powder and Explosives

image.jpg - 217kB image.jpg - 255kB image.jpg - 226kB

Rapopart’s Rules for critical commentary:

1. Attempt to re-express your target’s position so clearly, vividly and fairly that your target says: “Thanks, I wish I’d thought of putting it that way.”
2. List any points of agreement (especially if they are not matters of general or widespread agreement).
3. Mention anything you have learned from your target.
4. Only then are you permitted to say so much as a word of rebuttal or criticism.

Anatol Rapoport was a Russian-born American mathematical psychologist (1911-2007).

Go To Top