Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Zeolite 3A, 4A Molecular Seive & Silica Gel- Pre-Sale
Loptr
International Hazard

Mood: Grateful

[*] posted on 15-4-2015 at 18:20
Zeolite 3A, 4A Molecular Seive & Silica Gel- Pre-Sale

I am about to buy some Zeolite 3A, 4A molecular sieves, + Silica gell and wanted to extend the offer to rest of you guys.

I haven't placed the order yet, but you can buy it by the pound beforehand.

The price is $10/lb plus the cost of shipping, which is negligible in single pound quantities. If you need consideraby more, then we can work out a price break.

Let me know if you are interested.

I accept payment via PayPal.

$10/lb of Zeolite 3A molecular sieves

[Edited on 18-4-2015 by Bert]
Milan
Harmless

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 16-4-2015 at 13:43

Might I ask what project were you planing,
since I recently got some 4A Zeolite (for free :D, who'd reject that),
so now I'm looking for some projects to do with it.
Zombie
Forum Hillbilly

Mood: I just don't know...

[*] posted on 16-4-2015 at 16:36

I'd be interested Loptr.

Perhaps we could price shop a bit. I'd definitely throw in for 5 lbs. I'm looking at Ethanol washing, and ethylene,propylene preparation for polyester resin experiments.

Are you interested in powdered or pelleted? I am interested in pellets. They are easier to work with in large batches.

Milan, From what I know 4A is used to wash calcium out of compounds. Am I mistaken?

They tried to have me "put to sleep" so I came back to return the favor.
Zom.
Loptr
International Hazard

[*] posted on 16-4-2015 at 18:51

I have been asked about 3A, 4A, and silical gel.

As it stands now, both 3A and 4A would be available for $10/lb and the silica gel looks to be about $15/lb, plus the cost of shipping (cheap).

Let me know what product you are interested in purchasing and desired quantity, and in the mean time I will put a spreadsheet together to determine what you will pay. The most you will pay is what is listed above, but as more people go in on this, the cheaper it will be for you.

Thank you for your interest!
Loptr
International Hazard

[*] posted on 16-4-2015 at 18:58

Quote: Originally posted by Zombie  
I'd be interested Loptr.

Perhaps we could price shop a bit. I'd definitely throw in for 5 lbs. I'm looking at Ethanol washing, and ethylene,propylene preparation for polyester resin experiments.

Are you interested in powdered or pelleted? I am interested in pellets. They are easier to work with in large batches.

Milan, From what I know 4A is used to wash calcium out of compounds. Am I mistaken?

3A will exclude any molecule larger than 3 angstroms, so it can be used to adsorb helium, neon, nitrogen, water, etc.

4A will exclude any molecule larger than 4 angstroms, so it can be used to adsorb argon, krypton, xenon, ammonia, carbon monoxide, ethylene, acetylene, ethanol, carbon dioxide, etc.

They are primarily used to remove moisture and affect dehydration of both liquids and gases.

[Edited on 17-4-2015 by Loptr]
violet sin
International Hazard

Mood: Good

[*] posted on 16-4-2015 at 19:36

just so others know, I have sent a U2U to Loptr and am interested in some of all 3 items. 2#'s- 3Å, 1#- 4Å, and 1#- SG.
jamit
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 17-4-2015 at 06:41

If anyone is interested, I'm selling molecular sieves 3a and 4a... 12.00 per pound plus shipping.

U2u if you're interested. Sorry but I ship only to USA.
Loptr
International Hazard

[*] posted on 17-4-2015 at 07:01

Quote: Originally posted by jamit  
If anyone is interested, I'm selling molecular sieves 3a and 4a... 12.00 per pound plus shipping.

U2u if you're interested. Sorry but I ship only to USA.

I appreciate the offer, but this has taken on a life of it's own, so I think I will be going ahead and buying them as I intended.
Praxichys
International Hazard

Mood: Coprecipitated

[*] posted on 17-4-2015 at 07:14

That's a pretty good price. Put me down for 2 pounds of the 3Å.

What is the particle size on the silica gel? I assume it is for desiccating and not column chromatography? I've been looking for column silica for a while now.

Loptr
International Hazard

[*] posted on 17-4-2015 at 07:24

Quote: Originally posted by Zombie  
I'd be interested Loptr.

Yeah, these are pellets. They will approximately be 4x8 mesh size, which comes out to somewhere around 4.76mm x 2.38mm in dimension.
Loptr
International Hazard

[*] posted on 17-4-2015 at 07:28

Quote: Originally posted by Praxichys  
That's a pretty good price. Put me down for 2 pounds of the 3Å.

What is the particle size on the silica gel? I assume it is for desiccating and not column chromatography? I've been looking for column silica for a while now.

Yes, the silica gel is for desiccant purposes, and is about the same size as the sieves, 2-5mm.
Loptr
International Hazard

[*] posted on 17-4-2015 at 08:19

Question for those interested in Silica Gel

Would you like blue color indicating, or plain white non-indicating?
Loptr
International Hazard

[*] posted on 17-4-2015 at 09:03

Update for 4A

I have gotten my spreadsheet to the point where I am starting to get an idea of what it will cost for the various lot sizes they offer.

We need more interest in 4A, otherwise, it almost doubles in price because of the lot size. In other words, if you add a total of 9 more pounds of 4A to the order, collectively, then you can have the 4A for $10/lb.

(I screwed up initially with the cost of 4A because I was already going to have the 3A on hand, but after seeing the numbers, we definitely need more people interested in 4A in order to meet my original quote for 4A. I apologize for this.)
violet sin
International Hazard

[*] posted on 17-4-2015 at 09:56

I could go either way on the SG beads. color indicator is nice though
Loptr
International Hazard

[*] posted on 17-4-2015 at 11:00

Quote: Originally posted by violet sin  
I could go either way on the SG beads. color indicator is nice though

I am personally going to go in on some indicating silica gel for my gas drying tubes. I just use calcium chloride for the guard tubes, but the drying tubes I need to know when they are nearing saturation to swap them out.
violet sin
International Hazard

[*] posted on 17-4-2015 at 11:23

perfect, that was the better of the two for me as well. just not critical. between the desiccants here and the immersion cooler(up to -90'C) I bought a while back, sounds like a swell feed train for production of O3 experiments :D
thanos thanatos
Harmless

[*] posted on 17-4-2015 at 20:18

Personally, I have used <a html="https://www.deltaadsorbents.com/">Delta Adsorbents</a> for all my desiccant needs (well, all my non-hazardous chemical desiccant needs anyways - no P2O5 here). One pound quantities of 3A sieves will be more like $20, but at 5 pound quantities, the price per pound is already less than $10/lb. At 25 lbs, the price is down to $4/lb.

Just another option for everyone (in the USA anyways).

In case any of you aren't familiar with the usefulness of 3A molecular sieves in drying solvents, see the attached paper.

Attachment: Drying of Organic Solvents- Quantitative Evaluation of the Efficiency of Several Dessicants (JOC 2014).pdf (685kB)
This file has been downloaded 294 times

BTW, this post is neither meant to be a criticism of loptr's group buy nor a shameless plug for a particular seller.

I'm not affiliated with Delta at all - just a customer.

loptr's group buy will definitely be cheaper for everyone who wants to buy less than 5 pounds. It will be 1/2 the price per pound! Even at 5 pound quantities, it's a toss up. But if you are willing to spend $100, you can get 25 pounds of 3A sieves.

[Edited on 18-4-2015 by thanos thanatos]
WGTR
National Hazard

Mood: Outline

[*] posted on 18-4-2015 at 10:13

I have bought 25 lb. quantities from them as well. They are a good supplier. Don't forget to factor in the cost of shipping,

which for a 25 lb. order cost me $25. It's not excessive, but it's significant. That bumps the cost up to $5/lb. If one has $125

to spend (and wants 25 lbs.), it's a good idea to buy from them directly. If one only wants to spend $10-30, then participating

in a group buy like this is likely more cost-effective.

[Edited on 4-18-2015 by WGTR]
Loptr
International Hazard

[*] posted on 22-4-2015 at 06:27

For those of you that bought only 3A sieves, I am trying to get those out today. The 4A and Silica Gel have not arrived yet, but will be sending out the full orders once those arrive. I am expecting those late this week.

Two orders were made since I wasn't entirely sure of interest in 4A and Silica Gel at the time.

Thank you for your patience!
Loptr
International Hazard

[*] posted on 27-4-2015 at 12:40

The rest of the order has finally arrived (4A and blue-indicating Silica Gel).

Those orders containing either of those items will be going out tomorrow.
Loptr
International Hazard

[*] posted on 27-4-2015 at 12:53

I see some orders have been delivered. Could you guys speak the experience and sieves?

I would really appreciate it. :)
Praxichys
International Hazard

Mood: Coprecipitated

[*] posted on 28-4-2015 at 09:10

Safe and sound, no dust or crushed beads. I was surprised when it showed up so fast. I thought we were waiting on a group buy. Not that I'm complaining!

I have done business with Loptr before. Definitely a trustworthy member. I look forward to doing business again.

20150427_164813.jpg - 167kB

I'm going to do a quick broil in the toaster oven and seal them up in a jar for my next drying project. Maybe put a handful into my Et2O for off-the-shelf grignard capability. I love this stuff. Adding this 900g to 450g I already have, and on eBay it was twice the price!

Loptr
International Hazard

[*] posted on 28-4-2015 at 10:34

Quote: Originally posted by Praxichys  
Safe and sound, no dust or crushed beads. I was surprised when it showed up so fast. I thought we were waiting on a group buy. Not that I'm complaining!

I have done business with Loptr before. Definitely a trustworthy member. I look forward to doing business again.

I'm going to do a quick broil in the toaster oven and seal them up in a jar for my next drying project. Maybe put a handful into my Et2O for off-the-shelf grignard capability. I love this stuff. Adding this 900g to 450g I already have, and on eBay it was twice the price!

Yeah, I actually got an offer from another forum member that had a bunch on hand, so I bought the 3A from them early on in the thread. The 4A and Silica Gel is from the same company where I originally intended to purchase the 3A.

Let me know if anyone wants any more 3A, 4A, or Silica Gel. The 4A and Silica Gel came in yesterday, and I ordered a few more pounds than I sold, so hit me up if interested.

I will try and get some pictures up this evening.

[Edited on 28-4-2015 by Loptr]

[Edited on 28-4-2015 by Loptr]
Loptr
International Hazard

[*] posted on 30-4-2015 at 07:27

Pictures!

Here are the pictures of the last order that went out, containing 3A, 4A, and blue-indicating silica gel.

image1.JPG - 2MB
violet sin
International Hazard

[*] posted on 3-5-2015 at 15:59

my order, pictured above^^^ :) came quickly and was well packaged. dealing with Loptr was likewise a pleasant, professional and fast experience. I was told what was going out when, how long it should take, had a tracking number I could follow and he answered all questions I threw at him in an expedient manner.

thanks again Loptr, I look forward to any purchases or messaging exchanges that the future may hold. I recommend this seller 100% should he be offering anything you need.

Go To Top