Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Selling: 3,4,5-Trimethoxybenzaldehyde >99%
stoichiometric_steve
National Hazard

Mood: satyric

[*] posted on 7-6-2015 at 05:40
Selling: 3,4,5-Trimethoxybenzaldehyde >99%

3,4,5-Trimethoxybenzaldehyde >99%

This offer includes WORLDWIDE insured and trackable shipping!

10g 25 EUR
25g 35 EUR
50g 60 EUR
100g 100 EUR
250g 175 EUR
500g 300 EUR
1000g 500 EUR

U2U for inquiries and references for previous trades with forum members. Paypal accepted.

[Edited on 7-6-2015 by stoichiometric_steve]
zed
International Hazard

Mood: Semi-repentant Sith Lord

[*] posted on 8-6-2015 at 15:52

There is a constant, healthy, worldwide demand for this material. It isn't inexpensive. Much of the world's supply is used to produce anti-biotics. Anti-tuberculosis agents in particular. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trimethoprim

Historically, it is not easy to buy it directly from Chemical Suppliers, within the continental United States.
stoichiometric_steve
National Hazard

[*] posted on 21-8-2015 at 00:56

My offer still stands. U2U me.
careysub
International Hazard

Mood: Lowest quantum state

[*] posted on 21-8-2015 at 12:57

Quote: Originally posted by The Volatile Chemist  
Why would anyone here want to make an anti-tuberculosis drug? Or is there a more interesting use?

Trimethoprim is more commonly used to treat urinary tract infections. Some people, and some animals, have these all the dang time.
szuko03
Hazard to Others

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 21-8-2015 at 13:53

Quote: Originally posted by The Volatile Chemist  
Why would anyone here want to make an anti-tuberculosis drug? Or is there a more interesting use?

Or you can go on to discover another use for it as after all that is how things get discovered. That or a quick Google search may yield more results. But as Chemists are we not interested in turning one expensive "useless" (to society in large) compound into a different but still "useless" compound?

Is that not the thing i will have a hard time explaining to nonchemists that may question my intent?

Chemistry is a natural drive, not an interest.
stoichiometric_steve
National Hazard

[*] posted on 13-9-2015 at 06:22

Now for a limited time: 20% discount on sales of 50g and more!
Polverone
Now celebrating 21 years of madness
Thread Split
23-9-2015 at 19:49
stoichiometric_steve
National Hazard

[*] posted on 11-1-2017 at 09:08

Discounts now 20% on all orders!
Melgar
Anti-Spam Agent

Mood: Estrified

[*] posted on 12-1-2017 at 02:38

Quote: Originally posted by zed  
There is a constant, healthy, worldwide demand for this material. It isn't inexpensive. Much of the world's supply is used to produce anti-biotics. Anti-tuberculosis agents in particular. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trimethoprim

Historically, it is not easy to buy it directly from Chemical Suppliers, within the continental United States.

Yeah, that's why you have to buy it from China, where they use trimethoprim by the trainload, since it increases the efficacy of one of their most popular livestock antibiotics. Some suppliers won't even sell less than a metric ton, and it's commonly sold between $5-$10 per kg if you buy it by the drum. Lots of interesting chemicals can be found quite cheaply from Chinese suppliers, especially if they're needed to manufacture something that China makes a lot of. And they make a lot of just about everything.
myristicinaldehyde
Hazard to Others

Mood: сорок пять

[*] posted on 12-1-2017 at 12:11

Quote: Originally posted by Melgar  
Quote: Originally posted by zed  

Yeah, that's why you have to buy it from China, where they use trimethoprim by the trainload, since it increases the efficacy of one of their most popular livestock antibiotics. Some suppliers won't even sell less than a metric ton, and it's commonly sold between $5-$10 per kg if you buy it by the drum. Lots of interesting chemicals can be found quite cheaply from Chinese suppliers, especially if they're needed to manufacture something that China makes a lot of. And they make a lot of just about everything.

Do you have any recommendations for a particular seller?

If we don't study the mistakes of the future we're doomed to repeat them for the first time.
zed
International Hazard

Mood: Semi-repentant Sith Lord

[*] posted on 14-1-2017 at 17:54

Ummm. A recommended seller would be a good idea.

Steve is a local talent. An unknown Chinese Company? Touchy.

Many here have expressed dis-satisfaction with materials purchased from generic Chinese Suppliers.
Melgar
Anti-Spam Agent

[*] posted on 15-1-2017 at 05:31

Just order via Alibaba from a supplier who will ship via a courier. I've gotten chemicals that way before, and FedEx from China is about $40 for solids, maybe $60 for liquids, when ordering 1 kg or so. And Alibaba will guarantee any order above $100, so if you can prove that the stuff you bought was not what you ordered or not the advertised purity, the seller will typically freak out at the idea of getting a bad review on Alibaba (or Alibaba revokes their "trusted" status, or whatever) and send you another one for free.

Quote:
Steve is a local talent. An unknown Chinese Company? Touchy.

I've ordered from this supplier before, and they also have trimethoxybenzaldehyde listed for about $100 per kg (including shipping), which is less than what Steve is selling 100 grams for. Granted, this stuff may be harder to get into the EU from China, but for anyone else here in North America who can use Alibaba, I can confirm that this company will eventually come through with whatever it is you order, though it may take a while for them to get it right:

https://wholesaler.alibaba.com/product-detail/3-4-5-Trimetho...

I got a kilogram of this stuff for free!: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HEPES No idea what to do with it though.

[Edited on 1/15/17 by Melgar]
unionised
International Hazard

[*] posted on 15-1-2017 at 06:02

Am I the only one wondering if Steve also sells nitromethane and borohydride?
stoichiometric_steve
National Hazard

[*] posted on 15-1-2017 at 10:37

Quote: Originally posted by unionised  

apparently not, but you're the only one finger-pointing. how's that working out for you?
Melgar
Anti-Spam Agent

[*] posted on 15-1-2017 at 12:16

I think he said in another thread that he got it to sell on eBay, but they made him take it down. Now, I'm sure he had a pretty good idea of what people were planning to do with it; I've sold palladium chloride on eBay before, and people who looked at my auction also tended to look at listings for sassafrass products, although I certainly never sold those. Really, it would be really dumb for Steve to have those other two, since then law enforcement would have a very easy time making a case against him for conspiracy to manufacture, or whatever the equivalent law is where he is.
unionised
International Hazard

[*] posted on 15-1-2017 at 12:31

Quote: Originally posted by stoichiometric_steve  

apparently not, but you're the only one finger-pointing. how's that working out for you?

Could you clarify that please?
When you say "apparently not", do you mean that you are apparently not selling those other 2 things, or that I'm apparently not the only one wondering?
And, BTW, what finger have I pointed?
As far as I can tell it's perfectly legal to sell trimethoxybenzaldehyde and NM and NaBH4
As far as I recall, it's not a breach of the forum rules either (except maybe a bit "spammy").

But, if you choose to sell a compound that's 90% of the way to a controlled substance, you shouldn't act surprised when people wonder who is buying, and what for.
Corrosive Joeseph
National Hazard

Mood: Cyclic

[*] posted on 15-1-2017 at 12:52

How is it 90% percent of the way.................?

There are enough restrictions on this hobby without any more. Who gives a rats ass what it is............

Can a mod please prune the crap out of this thread. This reflects badly on the board.............

/CJ

[Edit]
PS - Including this post.
Don't want to offend anyone but this sh%t rubs me up the wrong way.

[Edited on 15-1-2017 by Corrosive Joeseph]

Being well adjusted to a sick society is no measure of one's mental health
Bert
Super Administrator

Mood: " I think we are all going to die. I think that love is an illusion. We are flawed, my darling".

[*] posted on 15-1-2017 at 16:08

Certainly, someone could take the OP chemical offered and make mescaline, or a number of other related things. Kids these days being the light hitters they are, and mescaline treating the user the way it does, that choice would not likely be a major profit center for a drug kingpin.

Someone else might make a few different therapeutic/non psychoactive drugs from the same material. Why, I could not say, beyond the well proven fact that many people here do things merely to find out if they CAN.

And someone else might do some original work I can not yet imagine, half assed ignorant amateur organic chemist that I am.

And someone yet else might utilize an offer of drug precursors as a "honey trap" on the nickel provided by a state intelligence or law enforcement agency to develop a data base of amateurs capable of understanding the potential of materials offered and willing to spend money on such things. Probably the most $ valuable product to be derived from such transactions, even more so than the minor commercial value of selling relatively cheap Chinese chemicals at a 10X mark up. Totally not required that the offerer even be aware of the data being harvested from his transactions either, I might add- Anything you do on the net is available to SOMEONE if they care to spend the effort to search for it among the "total information awareness" data they collect as SOP.

So, I suggest that you all think carefully about what path you choose in life, and be polite to one another. And not fuck this site up, either by blatant money grubbing or paranoid kvetch.

Rapopart’s Rules for critical commentary:

1. Attempt to re-express your target’s position so clearly, vividly and fairly that your target says: “Thanks, I wish I’d thought of putting it that way.”
2. List any points of agreement (especially if they are not matters of general or widespread agreement).
3. Mention anything you have learned from your target.
4. Only then are you permitted to say so much as a word of rebuttal or criticism.

Anatol Rapoport was a Russian-born American mathematical psychologist (1911-2007).

stoichiometric_steve
National Hazard

[*] posted on 15-1-2017 at 17:03

But, if you choose to sell a compound that's 90% of the way to a controlled substance, you shouldn't act surprised when people wonder who is buying, and what for.

Nobody gave a shit until your irrelevant post appeared, and even then.
Bert
Super Administrator

Mood: " I think we are all going to die. I think that love is an illusion. We are flawed, my darling".

[*] posted on 15-1-2017 at 18:05

Steve, you are banned from posting and U2U for a week.

Unionised, same.

1. Attempt to re-express your target’s position so clearly, vividly and fairly that your target says: “Thanks, I wish I’d thought of putting it that way.”
2. List any points of agreement (especially if they are not matters of general or widespread agreement).
4. Only then are you permitted to say so much as a word of rebuttal or criticism.

Anatol Rapoport was a Russian-born American mathematical psychologist (1911-2007).

Bert
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 17-1-2017 at 06:02

Oh hey, Steve (and everyone else) In the future, post nothing on this site and use no language you would not say to someone's face in meat space, at a range where you could get your lights puched out.

Be civil, or be gone.

unionised
International Hazard

[*] posted on 21-1-2017 at 08:23

Quote: Originally posted by Corrosive Joeseph  
How is it 90% percent of the way.................?

[Edited on 15-1-2017 by Corrosive Joeseph]

If I counted correctly, of the 34 atoms in a molecule of mescaline, 25 of them can be derived from the 26 atoms in a molecule of trimethoxybenzaldehyde.
I grant you that saying 90% was hyperbole because it's only about 3/4 - but the point remains that it is two reaction steps away from mescaline.
The "powers that be" would, if looking at this site, almost certainly look on it as dealing in a precursor.
I'd rather not attract their attention to the site that way.
Maroboduus
Hazard to Others

Mood: vacant

[*] posted on 21-1-2017 at 09:33

Methinks this thread may soon be put to the sword , or even razed to the ground and its fields sewn with salt, by the dreaded Roman Emperor............................ DETRITUS.

But the world is just chock full of 3,4,5 trimethoxy compounds. Few are hallucinogens, and none of those are exactly popular.

Here in the US, I suspect most people who actually want that stuff just buy mescaline bearing cactus. They're mostly unregulated, and unlike a bottle of some reagent, they GROW BIGGER, so it's kind of like having a hallucinogenic savings bond.

And of course the chances of screwing something up, and becoming a 21st century Barry Kidston would be much lower that way.
violet sin
International Hazard

Mood: Good

[*] posted on 21-1-2017 at 18:03

Wow man, that was a scary read... Barry Kidston that is..

Think its silly to keep banging on about what some one might/could do with what ever. Probably would have been more appropriate to have a moderator decide if this needed moderation in the first place. If its not a listed chem, no reason to speculate. Leave that up to the people that take notes on who does what when. Seen and unseen demons of the internet.

Go To Top