Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: PUZZLED UI3 (some UI4 maybe) synthesized, possibly, 238metal
quantumcorespacealchemyst
Banned Shitposter

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 26-7-2015 at 05:46

when i first got my Geiger counter i was playing around turning it on and off to get some sense of it. i saw a invisible like tiny bubble zip towards me/detector. i cannot remember if it seemed to pass through the detector or right around it (either way i think it was close to the Geiger tube side [it looked like it passed through the display so narrowly avoided the tube to the left]). the detector sounded. i think it was a cosmic ray. the radiation meter was turned on right before i saw the particle.

i don't believe it was a floater, i don't think my eyes were moving in the direction or speed.
the detector sometimes reads higher than the 30microSievert threshold when turned on and will sound otherwise if it is over 30 but not significant timewise, it only seems to average. (30microSievert limit, over which as a timed average the detector is set to sound or if a sharp increase of radiation is detected) i was playing around with initial readings, i believe, by turning it on at different areas for initial reading and turning it off and that is when the thing zipped by and the alarm sounded. that is why i believe it was the thing i saw that set the detector off. it had an odd movement and is hard to explain.

[Edited on 26-7-2015 by quantumcorespacealchemyst]

[Edited on 26-7-2015 by quantumcorespacealchemyst]
blogfast25
International Hazard

[*] posted on 26-7-2015 at 07:23

Quote: Originally posted by quantumcorespacealchemyst  
i was playing around with initial readings, i believe, by turning it on at different areas for initial reading and turning it off and that is when the thing zipped by and the alarm sounded. that is why i believe it was the thing i saw that set the detector off. it had an odd movement and is hard to explain.

It's highly unlikely that you saw a cosmic ray. They are truly invisible. Even if a cosmic ray interacted with some matter particle, this sub-atomic event is so small it cannot be witnessed directly with the naked eye.

Banned Shitposter

[*] posted on 15-10-2015 at 23:32

weird shit huh? i watched this thing zip through my detector and it beeped loudly. i was dumbfounded and exited.
Banned Shitposter

[*] posted on 31-10-2015 at 11:03

*excited

ghost particles. ooOOooOOoo
:P
happy halloween

[Edited on 31-10-2015 by quantumcorespacealchemyst]
 Pages:  1  2

Go To Top