Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  
Author: Subject: RogueSci
EnergeticAmbitions
Harmless

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 20-7-2015 at 22:04
RogueSci

As many of you are likely aware, roguesci.org was a website similar to this one, which promoted the discussion of amateur science, though with much more emphasis on practical application and nefarious use.

6 years ago, it vanished from the face of the internet, along with a large majority of its userbase. At the time, one of the site's moderators (nbk2000) was facing murder charges and I assumed the admin (megalomania) had taken the site down to protect him, but 3 years after nbk was sentenced to 50 years in prison, mega still hasn't emerged from the woodwork to provide us with an explanation.

Do you think he receive a NSL, or just got paranoid/lost interest?

Has anyone heard from him at all during the past 3 years?
kecskesajt
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 22-7-2015 at 23:36

http://www.sciencemadness.org/talk/viewthread.php?tid=9667
http://www.amateurpyro.com/forums/topic/3641-what-happened-t...

[Edited on 23-7-2015 by kecskesajt]
Praxichys
International Hazard

Mood: Coprecipitated

[*] posted on 2-9-2015 at 17:57

NBK2000, AKA "Natural Born Killer 2000," AKA Arthur Charles Carnes.

http://www.courts.ca.gov/opinions/nonpub/C071147.PDF

Murder, dismemberment.

http://blogs.sacbee.com/crime/archives/2012/02/tight-securit...

Texium
Administrator

Mood: PhD candidate!

[*] posted on 2-9-2015 at 18:53

Quote: Originally posted by Praxichys  
NBK2000, AKA "Natural Born Killer 2000," AKA Arthur Charles Carnes.

http://www.courts.ca.gov/opinions/nonpub/C071147.PDF

Murder, dismemberment.

http://blogs.sacbee.com/crime/archives/2012/02/tight-securit...
That's really screwed up. If RogueSci had people like that for moderators, I'd say good riddance... I certainly wouldn't want to be associated with that in the least bit.

Come check out the Official Sciencemadness Wiki
They're not really active right now, but here's my YouTube channel and my blog.
greenlight
National Hazard

Mood: Energetic

[*] posted on 2-9-2015 at 19:43

Interesting articles!
I used to go on Roguesci/Explosives and weapons forum often when I was young.
NBK was the only one like that from what I remember, always abusing people for grammatical errors and stupid things. Ran the place like a nazi.

The only use for an atomic bomb is to keep somebody else from using one.
George Wald
Bert
Super Administrator

Mood: " I think we are all going to die. I think that love is an illusion. We are flawed, my darling".

[*] posted on 2-9-2015 at 20:12

Quote: Originally posted by greenlight  
NBK was the only one like that from what I remember, always abusing people for grammatical errors and stupid things. Ran the place like a nazi.

NBK2000 WAS a nazi- LITERALLY.

He went on at length about racial purity, inferiority of the (fill in the blanks as you please, it probably fits) the whole Nazi schtick as interpreted by the white supremacist neo-nazi convicts he was among the FIRST time he went to prison.

Check out this video to see NBK2000 in court. Dweezil Zappa has a far better camera presence than this pattern baldness afflicted So. Cal. fuck boy.

http://archive.news10.net/news/article/183813/2/Jury-returns...

After looking at the video of NBK2000, look at a picture of, say, Josef Goebbels?

image.jpg - 56kB

I have a sad feeling that the folks who most ardently support the idea of the blond demigod Aryan supermen look like these two. Just as the ass slapping in the huddle football jocks who so ardently call others they dislike "faggots" as their opprobrium of choice, the thing you fear or dislike about yourself most is projected against the "other".

A whole lot of methamphetamine abuse would likely be Arthur Carnes greatest similarity to his Third Reich Nazi heroes. And a contributing factor towards his behavior on roguesci and final denouement.

I will never forgive the utter BS of his treatment of Axt, particularly. Carnes was not fit to clean Axt's lab glassware, let alone boot him from a web site he was a founding member of.

(Edit)

But let me tell you how I REALLY feel...

[Edited on 3-9-2015 by Bert]

Rapopart’s Rules for critical commentary:

1. Attempt to re-express your target’s position so clearly, vividly and fairly that your target says: “Thanks, I wish I’d thought of putting it that way.”
2. List any points of agreement (especially if they are not matters of general or widespread agreement).
3. Mention anything you have learned from your target.
4. Only then are you permitted to say so much as a word of rebuttal or criticism.

Anatol Rapoport was a Russian-born American mathematical psychologist (1911-2007).

Praxichys
International Hazard

Mood: Coprecipitated

[*] posted on 2-9-2015 at 22:51

I really wonder sometimes what became of Axt. He stopped posting here almost six years ago. That guy inspired me in so many ways... topical compendium of EM, for instance, as a tribute. Brilliant. Perhaps hiding to preserve what anonymity the internet had left in 2009.

aga
Forum Drunkard

[*] posted on 3-9-2015 at 11:17

So this is the face of White Supremacy ?

dickhead.png - 51kB

Incredible how anyone can look in a mirror and see perfection.

blogfast25
International Hazard

[*] posted on 3-9-2015 at 11:43

Quote: Originally posted by aga  
So this is the face of White Supremacy ?

Incredible how anyone can look in a mirror and see perfection.

It's definitely a trait of supremacists of all stripes that they tend to belong to the dumbest and ugliest part of their 'race'. I'm guessing they hope that the 'master race' will somehow will rub off on them.

[Edited on 3-9-2015 by blogfast25]

aga
Forum Drunkard

[*] posted on 3-9-2015 at 13:22

Angler Fish.

That's it.

I knew it reminded me of something.

Edit:

anglerhead.png - 52kB

[Edited on 3-9-2015 by aga]

KesterDraconis
Hazard to Self

[*] posted on 10-9-2015 at 18:25

Welp, that sounds like an odd case indeed, and I've heard a few odd ones (for certain reasons, I've read over quite a lot of court cases and sat through a good deal as well).

To be honest, the guy sounds like he was an arrogant ass, and it finally caught up with him well. While there are definitely parts of the murder case that sound odd (like dismemberment, keeping the pictures on the camera, using the ATMs, and fleeing to Canada, I mean...seriously?), but these can tie in with his arrogant attitude I guess (nobody can catch me! I'm a Nazi!). I find it hilarious that his argument of "I'm so smart I could kill people way better than this. I'm a natural born killer!" basically just made both sheep and people of intelligence just go "Nope, nope, and more nope!" all the more, pretty much dooming his case entirely.
Joeychemist
Hazard to Others

Mood: Sedated

[*] posted on 13-9-2015 at 11:43

Quote: Originally posted by Bert  

I will never forgive the utter BS of his treatment of Axt, particularly. Carnes was not fit to clean Axt's lab glassware, let alone boot him from a web site he was a founding member of.

At least someone remembers... :mad:

I've actually been trying to contact Axt/Lowery for the last 3 years, if anyone has a contact for him please PM me.

[Edited on 13-9-2015 by Joeychemist]
aga
Forum Drunkard

[*] posted on 13-9-2015 at 12:32

Hmm. Interesting problem.

How to contact someone you don't have the contact details for ?

What do we know about Axt ?
A Chemist.
Was a member here.
Got booted off by an asshole who is now in prison.
A USA citizen ?

Anything else ?

Bert
Super Administrator

Mood: " I think we are all going to die. I think that love is an illusion. We are flawed, my darling".

[*] posted on 13-9-2015 at 15:55

He's an Ozzy. And his name is Lowery.

Here's a mirror of the whole sordid, stupid afair.

https://www.thevespiary.org/rhodium/Rhodium/www.roguesci.org...

1. Attempt to re-express your target’s position so clearly, vividly and fairly that your target says: “Thanks, I wish I’d thought of putting it that way.”
2. List any points of agreement (especially if they are not matters of general or widespread agreement).
4. Only then are you permitted to say so much as a word of rebuttal or criticism.

Anatol Rapoport was a Russian-born American mathematical psychologist (1911-2007).

greenlight
National Hazard

[*] posted on 13-9-2015 at 19:09

Bert, you were right, he was a nazi:

"The Forum is a dictatorship with Mega as the Fuehrer, NBK2000 the reichsfuehrer, and the mods his Gestapo."

[Edited on 14-9-2015 by greenlight]

[Edited on 14-9-2015 by greenlight]

The only use for an atomic bomb is to keep somebody else from using one.
George Wald
woelen
Super Administrator

Mood: interested

[*] posted on 15-9-2015 at 04:37

That forum must have been really horrible. I never have been active on that one, but if I read the posted thread, then I can only say: What a terrible atmosphere :(
It certainly did not help making amateur science more acceptable in the eyes of the general public.

The art of wondering makes life worth living...
Want to wonder? Look at https://woelen.homescience.net
Bert
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 15-9-2015 at 07:51

Vulture and several others who were in on the beginning of this forum concurred- it's a hard sell, pushing Nazism to Dutch, Belgian and French folks, usually. Though they had/have their own fascists if they feel the need, filthy Bosch Nazis need not apply!

As I recall personal communications with members from the early 2,000's I believe in some negative, counter irritant sense, RogueSci helped create and shape this forum. It certainly helped shape the EM section.

Freaking American Nazis. My (second generation, German descended) maternal grandmother was one. Appalled my grandfather and great grandfather, who had more sense. She went to the rallys in New York City and everything, up until Pearl Harbor. Then she became a rabid US nationalist. Still a fascist, but not a Nazi anymore...

IrC
International Hazard

Mood: Discovering

[*] posted on 15-9-2015 at 09:32

Speaking of Vulture I asked in another thread to no avail but where did he go? Last active in Jan 2014 and I miss reading his posts.

"Science is the belief in the ignorance of the experts" Richard Feynman
stillhere
Harmless

[*] posted on 8-1-2016 at 11:15

Quote: Originally posted by Joeychemist  

I've actually been trying to contact Axt/Lowery for the last 3 years, if anyone has a contact for him please PM me.

You mean the cat killer of Makeshift Arsenal's fame? Hope he blew himself up. Good riddance.
Agari
Banned

Mood: Lowest Oxidation State

[*] posted on 8-1-2016 at 21:41

Quote: Originally posted by stillhere  
Quote: Originally posted by Joeychemist  

You mean the cat killer of Makeshift Arsenal's fame? Hope he blew himself up. Good riddance.

That forum was one of those that caused whomever stumbles across it to generalize that all home chemists are up to no good. It gave birth to such lovely masterpieces like this beautiful thread (The author of the thread clearly did not ponder through his references enough),threads on sulfur mustard and home-made nerve agents. Without mentioning that there was an entire section dedicated to synthesizing explosives (Just a blatant how-to,it does not give the impression of exploring the chemistry behind the synthesis),I would immediately say that the entire forum was filled with scumbags. Good riddance indeed.

[Edited on 9-1-2016 by Agari]

Element Collection Status:
Elements Acquired: 21/91
Latest: Lead (Pb)
Quantity: 12g
-----------------------------------------------------
Mabus
Wiki Master

[*] posted on 9-1-2016 at 14:24

WOW... just WOW!

[Edited on 9-1-2016 by Mabus]

Agari
Banned

Mood: Lowest Oxidation State

[*] posted on 9-1-2016 at 21:30

Quote: Originally posted by Mabus  
WOW... just WOW!

[Edited on 9-1-2016 by Mabus]

Members of RS then proceeded to infect ScienceMadness with their forum's content and started a few nerve agent threads on SM,RS members SWARMED to the threads like bees.
By the way,there is a complete copy of the RS forum stored on a website on the Deep Web that includes the explosives section I mentioned in a previous post.

[Edited on 10-1-2016 by Agari]

Element Collection Status:
Elements Acquired: 21/91
Latest: Lead (Pb)
Quantity: 12g
-----------------------------------------------------
woelen
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 11-1-2016 at 02:55

Quote: Originally posted by Agari  
[...] It gave birth to such lovely masterpieces like this beautiful thread [...]

Hard to believe that this was the kind of chemistry discussed on that forum. Why on earth would you ever want to make nerve agents at home? These people are mad and it is a good thing that the forum does not exist anymore. It is not the description of the chemistry behind nerve agents which is a problem with that forum, but the way these people talk about it. I can imagine that these people really try to do these things in their garage or basement bringing themselves and numerous other people in danger. Who knows what forums exist nowadays in the deep web :o . I personally do not feel like trying to find out.

[Edited on 11-1-16 by woelen]

blogfast25
International Hazard

[*] posted on 11-1-2016 at 03:22

Quote: Originally posted by woelen  
I can imagine that these people really try to do these things in their garage or basement bringing themselves and numerous other people in danger.

I can't: I think they're all mouth and no cojones, personally...

woelen
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 11-1-2016 at 07:30

Not all of them will try such things but I still can imagine at least some of them are mad enough to play around with this kind of stuff. Fortunately the required reagents are not as OTC as their writings try to make us believe. However, a really dedicated and sufficiently mad person might be able to do this, the procedures are not totally beyond reach of home chemists.

In the Netherlands we have had a mad guy whose house was raided in 2014. He had quite a few CWC-precursors at his home and he had some small bottles with blistering agents. These materials were stored in a normal house in a box. His family had warned the police when they discovered this. So, abuse of chemicals for this purpose is not totally theoretical, it is a scary real possibility. Didn't we also have a guy on sciencemadness who was experimenting with VX? I'm not sure about this.

[Edited on 11-1-16 by woelen]

Pages:  1  

Go To Top