Sciencemadness Discussion Board
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
 Pages:  1    3
Author: Subject: Restricted Chemicals AUS???
NedsHead
Hazard to Others

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 20-4-2016 at 04:58

Well at least you will be seen to have made some effort to do the right thing, in a worst case scenario it'll look good in court.

On an unrelated note, it's very difficult to follow your posts, they read like the scribbles of a tweaker, please break it up with some paragraphs
diddi
National Hazard

Mood: Fluorescent

[*] posted on 20-4-2016 at 13:33

Quote: Originally posted by Rynoaus  
Qld is a redneck hole

haha cop that j_sum :P

EUD is only a requirement for SELLERS within .au
It covers their arse, not yours. sorry
Unless you paid an enormously inflated price for your glassware, it will be imported (and hence EUD free) as the seller is not under .au legal jurisdiction. I followed up the legislation with Vic police as I was negotiating with a .cn supplier to resell for him here. Their advice: don't even think about it

[Edited on 20-4-2016 by diddi]

[Edited on 20-4-2016 by diddi]

Beginning construction of periodic table display
j_sum1
Administrator

Mood: Organised

[*] posted on 20-4-2016 at 14:29

Quote: Originally posted by diddi  
Quote: Originally posted by Rynoaus  
Qld is a redneck hole

haha cop that j_sum :P

I could rephrase -- Aus is a redneck hole.
But there are risks at generalisation. I'm here for family reasons primarily. But I also feel like I am doing things of significance and making a difference in my little chunk of the world.

There are degrees of holes. I am glad I am not living in Ipswich. Where I am is not so bad.

Rynoaus
Harmless

[*] posted on 20-4-2016 at 22:59

Haha sorry I was using speech to text while driving in my truck, sorry about that.

[Edited on 21-4-2016 by Rynoaus]
Rynoaus
Harmless

[*] posted on 25-4-2016 at 00:55

Thanks diddi yes I thought that was the case after reading and rereading legislation over and over. I just figure I have an extra defensive line by attempting to comply with their innate need to know where every flask and condenser is located in qld lol.
tekkado
Harmless

[*] posted on 4-5-2016 at 14:14

hey guys alot of good info here.
something from when i had a visit from the police.
I'd admittedly gone over board buying from China when i saw the price difference when compared to here. So anyways it turns up and im excited, its beautiful and i couldn't want for anything more. about a month later a knock on the door and dad answers. police with a warrant to search. so i talk to them and take them to all the glass and show them. they were very fair and really pressed the point of how valuable the glassware is to criminals. whether this is true or not i dont know. they mentioned "well what if the courier who delivered it knew what it was told some crim buddies and burgled the house for the glass". which scared the hell out of my parents. it signed over all my condensors and larger flasks to them and that was it.

Think before you order. And just be honest. They were actually pretty candid and had to come back out to pick up the glassware (they didnt take it on the spot) but everytime they were meant to come out were out on a bust or something and had to reschedule. The sheer amount of illegal labs in QLD seems to be no joke thats why theyre so hard on it.
Loptr
International Hazard

Mood: Grateful

[*] posted on 4-5-2016 at 20:53

Fear is why they are so hard on it. The media does a good job demonizing anything it deems outside the norm. Sad, but it's a fact that police receive direction from public outcry, rather than the results of evidence based methods.

So, wait. They took your glassware?
 Pages:  1    3

Go To Top