Sciencemadness Discussion Board
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Where could I purchase hydrofluorocarbon mixtures like HFA-227?
Hockeydemon
Hazard to Others

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 31-8-2015 at 08:53
Where could I purchase hydrofluorocarbon mixtures like HFA-227?

I want to find HFA-227ea to do some experiments at work, but I'm not sure where I would get it? It's IUPAC is 1,1,2,3,3,3-heptafluoropropane, and it's a pharmaceutical propellant. However it's also used as a fire retardant.

Does anyone know where I could find it? Or at least able to point me in a direction to look? I don't need large quantities - a 500ml canister is plenty.

Thanks for any help!
chemrox
International Hazard

Mood: LaGrangian

[*] posted on 31-8-2015 at 09:50

Depends where you are located

"When you let the dumbasses vote you end up with populism followed by autocracy and getting back is a bitch." Plato (sort of)
Bert
Super Administrator

Mood: " I think we are all going to die. I think that love is an illusion. We are flawed, my darling".

[*] posted on 31-8-2015 at 10:34

Quote:

Looks like the USA?

Rapopart’s Rules for critical commentary:

1. Attempt to re-express your target’s position so clearly, vividly and fairly that your target says: “Thanks, I wish I’d thought of putting it that way.”
2. List any points of agreement (especially if they are not matters of general or widespread agreement).
3. Mention anything you have learned from your target.
4. Only then are you permitted to say so much as a word of rebuttal or criticism.

Anatol Rapoport was a Russian-born American mathematical psychologist (1911-2007).

Hockeydemon
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 31-8-2015 at 12:32

Quote: Originally posted by chemrox  

The PNW of the US.
Dr.Bob
International Hazard

[*] posted on 8-9-2015 at 17:10

You could react perfluoropropene with HF. Also is it 1,1,1,2,3,3,3 - you missed a fluorine.

My friend Ed used to make those types of compounds but is now out of the business. I suspect that Synquest or Matrix would sell it, they both do fluorochems. Just google the cas# 431-89-0 (from wiki) and you will find several vendors. Not real cheap, but not bad.

Go To Top