Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: Wanna be invisible
franklyn
International Hazard

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 3-6-2015 at 14:18
Nearly here

If made more flexible, this display screen technology can provide wearable active camouflage.
http://www.cnet.com/news/lg-displays-latest-oled-tv-sticks-t...

Similar to what is shown here _ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rqi3jpBSyCc&feature=yout...

Below are updates to condition 5) outlined in this previous post here _
http://www.sciencemadness.org/talk/viewthread.php?tid=6353#p...

Graphic should be at eye level and one should look at just above the cross.
http://www.moillusions.com/find-your-blind-spot-trick
More variations
https://visionaryeyecare.wordpress.com/2008/08/04/eye-test-f...

for more on this , Google : optic nerve blind spot

solo
International Hazard

Mood: ....getting old and drowning in a sea of knowledge

[*] posted on 26-9-2015 at 05:50

Quote: Originally posted by G032012  
Does anyone.know the name of the polymer used to coat cameras and people to produce near invisibility scanner suit

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metamaterial_cloaking

It's better to die on your feet, than live on your knees....Emiliano Zapata.
TheAlchemistPirate
Hazard to Others

Mood: Enigmatic

[*] posted on 26-9-2015 at 11:50

Everyone is so worried about cameras or whatever device being visible from the outside of the camouflage, but I don't see how that would matter. If I suspended a 1/2" diameter camera lens 15 feet from you, while you were walking, would you even notice it? We have trouble finding our keys on a table in front of us sometimes, why would a tiny visible part of the camouflage matter? It is a whole lot better than simply wearing black clothes and walking slowly.

"Is this even science anymore?!"
Praxichys
International Hazard

Mood: Coprecipitated

[*] posted on 28-9-2015 at 06:20

@TheAlchemistPirate - I was thinking the same thing.

Covering airplanes with OLED displays that match the background will make them essentially invisible until they're close enough for it not to matter. As long as you can't see it like 1000 feet away, it will be just fine for combat use.

The thing is, most guided rockets and early detection systems use thermal and radar signatures to track targets. Making a radar-absorbing, environmentally isothermic and isoluminous OLED display will be challenging. It's kind of moot since no respectable nation these days tracks air targets by sight.

Ground vehicles could benefit from this to hide them from air attack. As long as the plane has to be within about 1000 feet to detect a vehicle with the naked eye, the vehicles will be essentially invisible. (Maybe have some air jets to wipe out tire tracks or something, and some way to hide a dust trail)

However, the problem with thermal and radar detection remains.

I can see this put to good use in helicopters which need to operate in areas where there is an abundance of risk from small arms and RPGs, all of which are visually aimed. Otherwise, it is better to worry about radar concealment and make it go fast enough or high enough for visual target acquisition to be ineffective.

Little_Ghost_again
National Hazard

Mood: Baffled

[*] posted on 5-10-2015 at 10:08

There is a glass that you can see through from one side and on the other you can words or a picture, its used a fair bit like an autoque for people talking. Also there is a bank with it on the doors, you see the bank logo on the way in but when inside you can see straight through the glass, its not mirrored or anything.

Dont ask me, I only know enough to be dangerous
aga
Forum Drunkard

[*] posted on 5-10-2015 at 11:23

Yeah. It's a one way mirror.

I made one in a bottle instead of Silvering it properly !

Pyrovus
Hazard to Others

Mood: heretical

[*] posted on 6-10-2015 at 04:21

So called "one way mirrors" actually aren't, they just exploit an illusion to appear that way. The trick is that you get a weak mirror that allows a lot of light to pass through. Then (imagining the standard police setting), you set up the lighting so that the interrogation room is brightly lit, and the observation room is dimly lit. From the perspective of someone in the interrogation room, there will be a very small amount of light passing through the mirror, which will be drowned out by the large amount of light being reflected by it, so as such they will not be able to see into the room beyond. From the perspective of someone in the observation room, the opposite will be the case - the small amount of light reflected by the mirror will be drowned out by the large amount passing through it, so they will be able to see into the next room, but they won't be able to see their reflection in the mirror.

Never accept that which can be changed.
franklyn
International Hazard

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 8-10-2015 at 05:51

If the glass has a polarized transmission filter allowing light to pass from the room being watched but the light in the watching room has opposite polarity , nothing can pass into the room being watched.

Techniques to Disrupt, Deviate and Seize Control of an Internet Forum In case you wonder W T F ! is going on here ?
www.zerohedge.com/contributed/2012-10-28/cointelpro-techniques-dilution-misdirection-and-control-internet-forum https://web.archive.org/web/20120814124000/www.washingtonsblog.com/2012/08/the-15-rules-of-internet-disinformation.html
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Little_Ghost_again
National Hazard

Mood: Baffled

[*] posted on 8-10-2015 at 10:24

This isnt a mirror, its completely clear, they can them somehow show a frosted type text. I will try and dig around to find what I am on about.
Its way more like a clear LCD screen but not exactly the same, god this is frustrating trying to find something you dont know the name of!

[Edited on 8-10-2015 by Little_Ghost_again]

Dont ask me, I only know enough to be dangerous
 Pages:  1  2

Go To Top