Printable Version  
Author: Subject: RogueSci is Dead
Joeychemist
Hazard to Others

Mood: Sedated

[*] posted on 21-10-2015 at 15:16
RogueSci is Dead

I am The_Duke...

As some of you may have noticed I have reappeared after a near 6 year gap in posting. My absence was unfortunate but unavoidable. My disappearance roughly coincided with the disappearance of RougeSci. I was a Super Mod at RS from 2004 till the time the site went down, shortly after NBK fled to Canada. Arthur actually fled to Chris The Greats parents house, which is probably why he hasn't been around in such a long time, he was and is most likely still grounded for life for that one :D

I learned through Fester_grump that Kaydon was killed in an auto wreck. :(

No one has heard from Mega since 2009. He was living in Ohio, not far from me. But I have no current email addresses or way of contacting everyone in Ohio who may potentially be Jack with the same last name.

Mr.Cool/NickF still pops onto Science madness once in a while, as does Vulture. I have no idea what happened to Anthony, Alengosvig or Rhadon.

A few remaining members can be found here at ScienceMadness and I am glad to see so many familiar faces after so many years.

There is no hope from my end that we'll ever see E&W Forum back to glory. I believe Mega has simply outgrown that part of his life....
The_Duke
Harmless

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 21-10-2015 at 15:17

.....Told ya ;)
VIG
Harmless

[*] posted on 29-2-2016 at 17:39
It's over

Parazite.nn.fi,which hosted a copy of RogueSci after it went down, is now gone,it seems to have gone down sometime today(Maybe yesterday). It has been replaced by a (Rather beautiful,I must say) picture.Those that have any data from RogueSci are the only trace of the forum that we will see again.

[Edited on 1-3-2016 by VIG]

roguescidown.png - 1.6MB
blogfast25
International Hazard

[*] posted on 29-2-2016 at 17:59

Quote: Originally posted by Joeychemist  

I am The_Duke...

As some of you may have noticed I have reappeared after a near 6 year gap in posting. My absence was unfortunate but unavoidable. My disappearance roughly coincided with the disappearance of RougeSci.

Considering this thread e.g., who really needs reminding of the 'Good Old Times' at RogueSci. 'Good riddance' seems very appropriate. Sites like that give amateur science a bad name.

[Edited on 1-3-2016 by blogfast25]

Metacelsus
International Hazard

Mood: Double, double, toil and trouble

[*] posted on 29-2-2016 at 20:36

For now, you can still read the archive with the Wayback Machine. Much of it is quite disturbing, so watch out.

As below, so above.

My blog: https://denovo.substack.com
VIG
Harmless

[*] posted on 3-3-2016 at 15:23
Not so fast

The site is back up again. It seems that it only went down temporarily.
Rosco Bodine
Banned

Mood: analytical

[*] posted on 20-3-2016 at 09:16

As I recall, at RogueSci there was a particularl "strong personality" there engaged in a constant obsessive ideologically driven intolerant "overcorrection" of persons who would post there anything that "rubbed him the wrong way" and any complaints about the confrontational attitude being excessive were met with a "get lost loser, nobody at this board is irreplacable" type of response, which caused an exodus of contributors who were never... ironically? ....not even one "replaced" as the board spiraled into oblivion. There is no longer any actual active RogueSci forum but only some archived inactive copies of some of the content there. So it is probably a good idea to save a "backup copy" of any forum of interest particularly when it appears to be becoming a troubled "transitional neighborhood" for whatever reasons. After the "developers" are done with the real estate "improvements" the remodeled address may be unrecognizable.
Texium
Administrator
Thread Pruned
23-3-2016 at 12:37

Go To Top