Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  
Author: Subject: RogueSci Mirror
Agari
Banned

Mood: Lowest Oxidation State

[*] posted on 9-11-2015 at 20:15
RogueSci Mirror

There is a website on the Deep Web that almost perfectly mirrors what used to be RogueSci. It is : https://www.nope7beergoa64ih.onion
I found the website when using the default search engine of the TOR Browser, which can be downloaded on https://torproject.org , to search "Synthesis of Astrolite"(The procedure described on the resulting website closely matched what I assumed it would be). Obviously,not all of RogueSci has been mirrored,but a majority of it has been,I think that it's the closest we will get to recovering what was lost.
I have only begun to browse this newly found website,I am writing this approximately 4 hours after finding it.
Update:It turns out that a lot of the sections are missing,I have found what would appear to be one such section on a separate website,time to look for the microwave chemistry articles.

[Edited on 10-11-2015 by Agari]

Element Collection Status:
Elements Acquired: 21/91
Latest: Lead (Pb)
Quantity: 12g
-----------------------------------------------------
Agari
Banned

[*] posted on 9-11-2015 at 21:40

I can't find anything resembling some of the other missing sections of the mirror website,is anyone willing to or has found any of them yet (I.E. Microwave chemistry)?
Edit:Just for comparison to the timestamps given on the website mirrors,when was the original RogueSci taken down?

JJay
International Hazard

[*] posted on 9-11-2015 at 22:01

I hadn't realized that RogueSci is down, but I'm definitely going to try to grab the data from that hidden site. I think I have a virtual machine image with Tor on it here somewhere....
Agari
Banned

[*] posted on 9-11-2015 at 22:05

Quote: Originally posted by JJay  
I hadn't realized that RogueSci is down, but I'm definitely going to try to grab the data from that hidden site. I think I have a virtual machine image with Tor on it here somewhere....

Would you consider yourself a RogueSci veteran or someone who has been reading a lot into it? If so,then can you please tell us what were are looking at in terms of information lost that can't be "rediscovered" through reading on the Surface Web after you are done grabbing the data? I know it's impossible to remember EVERYTHING from the website,but please just write out the most...memorable content from the original website that isn't present in the mirror, take your time! :)

aga
Forum Drunkard

[*] posted on 10-11-2015 at 13:31

Oh Dear.

Agari appears to be a Khazakstan Counter-Terrorist Intelligence Agent.

(it's part of the Tax Agency, also responsible for Telecommunications).

The Volatile Chemist
International Hazard

Mood: Copious

[*] posted on 10-11-2015 at 15:33

Been drinking?
What was the purpose of RogueSci? Just another drug-making site, or more than that?

Agari
Banned

[*] posted on 10-11-2015 at 17:41

Quote: Originally posted by The Volatile Chemist  
Been drinking?
What was the purpose of RogueSci? Just another drug-making site, or more than that?

RogueSci is more than a k00k site. I have not been on it much,but it appears to be dealing with the preparation of energetic materials and pharmaceuticals. I actually found it while reading into Astrolites A and G. The link I provided only has part of the data,and another member has recovered a portion dealing with microwave chemistry,which I have still not looked at.
Funny,I got the idea to post the Deep Web link after finding a thread dealing with TNT in the Energetic Materials section of ScienceMadness.

Bert
Super Administrator

Mood: " I think we are all going to die. I think that love is an illusion. We are flawed, my darling".

[*] posted on 10-11-2015 at 18:08

Quote:

Roguesci.org was home to the E&W forum.

One moderator was NBK2000, aka Art Carnes. Who was a proud US prison system varietal neonazi, and published there such things as this lovely short story about flying a light plane over a Florida Spring break beach, spraying the college kids with a mixture of mustard gas and lewisite.

http://parazite.nn.fi/roguesci/index.php/t-4226.html

Threads on synthesis of cholinesterase inhibitor nerve agents from over the counter ingredients? A-OK! (And they did come up with plausible paths to sarin, etc.) Uploading the complete Philip Luty books on home made submachine guns? Highly approved. Discussion of improvised directional fragmentation mines, and testing of same- With commentary on their use in the coming race wars? All good.

Regardless, it was not without certain charms. More than a few older members here were also found on roguesci.

Rapopart’s Rules for critical commentary:

1. Attempt to re-express your target’s position so clearly, vividly and fairly that your target says: “Thanks, I wish I’d thought of putting it that way.”
2. List any points of agreement (especially if they are not matters of general or widespread agreement).
3. Mention anything you have learned from your target.
4. Only then are you permitted to say so much as a word of rebuttal or criticism.

Anatol Rapoport was a Russian-born American mathematical psychologist (1911-2007).

Agari
Banned

[*] posted on 10-11-2015 at 18:25

Quote:
Quote:
Quote: Originally posted by Bert  

Roguesci.org was home to the E&W forum.

One moderator was NBK2000, aka Art Carnes. Who was a proud US prison system varietal neonazi, and published there such things as this lovely short story about flying a light plane over a Florida Spring break beach, spraying the college kids with a mixture of mustard gas and lewisite.

http://parazite.nn.fi/roguesci/index.php/t-4226.html

I just read the story.I have to say,that is pretty screwed over.
Quote: Originally posted by Bert  
Threads on synthesis of cholinesterase inhibitor nerve agents from over the counter ingredients? A-OK! (And they did come up with plausible paths to sarin, etc.) Uploading the complete Philip Luty books on home made submachine guns? Highly approved. Discussion of improvised directional fragmentation mines, and testing of same- With commentary on their use in the coming race wars? All good.

Regardless, it was not without certain charms. More than a few older members here were also found on roguesci.

I saw a few Nerve Agent threads talking about increasing the toxicity of pesticides.
Plausible path to Sarin? Just what other crazy (pardon my language) shit is on there?
Edit:I found the thread talking about the synthesis of Sarin. I don't know whether or not Sarin is actually being produced here,the poster seems too casual about something that can easily kill anyone that attempts the synthesis. Will anybody dare try this :D :D :D.

[Edited on 11-11-2015 by Agari]

Agari
Banned

[*] posted on 10-11-2015 at 18:52

I have another question in case any RogueSci veterans might be reading this thread: Around what time was RogueSci brought down?

[Edited on 11-11-2015 by Agari]

The Volatile Chemist
International Hazard

[*] posted on 11-11-2015 at 16:48

Quote: Originally posted by Agari  
Been drinking?

RogueSci is more than a k00k site. I have not been on it much,but it appears to be dealing with the preparation of energetic materials and pharmaceuticals. I actually found it while reading into Astrolites A and G. The link I provided only has part of the data,and another member has recovered a portion dealing with microwave chemistry,which I have still not looked at.
Funny,I got the idea to post the Deep Web link after finding a thread dealing with TNT in the Energetic Materials section of ScienceMadness.

I see. Reminiscent of the recent recovery of some of the Versuchschemie.de website (though it was more licit).

[Edited on 11-12-2015 by The Volatile Chemist]

JJay
International Hazard

[*] posted on 12-11-2015 at 01:48

Quote: Originally posted by Agari  

Would you consider yourself a RogueSci veteran or someone who has been reading a lot into it? If so,then can you please tell us what were are looking at in terms of information lost that can't be "rediscovered" through reading on the Surface Web after you are done grabbing the data? I know it's impossible to remember EVERYTHING from the website,but please just write out the most...memorable content from the original website that isn't present in the mirror, take your time! :)

Actually, no, I never registered on RogueSci, but I do remember pulling procedures off of it a couple of times.
Agari
Banned

[*] posted on 12-11-2015 at 17:07

Ah,I finally dug up the link to the Sarin thread,I won't share it though.
I found a comment on the thread though,I think we should all see it:

Posted by user:Chris The Great
Quote:

Since I started doing some research into this area with the intention of making a few mL of VX (much lower evaporation rate of sarin makes it much easier and safer to handle, despite the much higher toxicity). Since I started looking for info on sarin first, I got a basic (though undetailed) synthesis which was different from Mega's synthesis, although I didn't actually look on the forum for any synthesis info while doing this, (http://s-a-t.org/images/sarin/siryo/hyoka/seto-zu-2.jpg), and used by a terrorist organization, so I know it works. I then decided VX would be better to make, but the only information I found was a synthesis that was reportably very difficult (it didn't go into details). So, I simply decided to use the sarin synthesis with a modified ending to end up with VX, and figure out the rest based on what I already knew.

Of course, this is still in the research phase, and I don't yet have ftp access, although I did get a hold of the book by a link posted in this thread http://www.roguesci.org/theforum/showthread.php?t=1537 on page two. Another goal of this is to use ONLY chemicals that are extremely easy to get. Right now, there some parts I'm not 100% sure about, and so have marked with a (?) after that part.

Funny,the thread also mentioned the Soman nerve agent.
At least the users weren't being serious,right?

[Edited on 13-11-2015 by Agari]

Mathias94
Harmless

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 13-11-2015 at 01:10

IIRC there is an archive of RogueSci on: thevespiary.org :)

edit: You might not want to visit thevespiary.org on a public place, or without some kind of VPN.

[Edited on 13-11-2015 by Mathias94]
JJay
International Hazard

[*] posted on 13-11-2015 at 03:08

LoL, sarin....

"What did you do over the weekend?" "Oh I just whipped up a batch of sarin and fumigated the neighborhood. You?"

I personally steer clear of anything more toxic than cyanide. Anyway, I now have a copy of the RogueSci archive; there are some other archives on that hidden site... any that you recommend?

[Edited on 13-11-2015 by JJay]
Agari
Banned

[*] posted on 13-11-2015 at 15:18

LoL, sarin....

"What did you do over the weekend?" "Oh I just whipped up a batch of sarin and fumigated the neighborhood. You?"

I personally steer clear of anything more toxic than cyanide. Anyway, I now have a copy of the RogueSci archive; there are some other archives on that hidden site... any that you recommend?

Let's just say that the sarin thread is under "Battlefield Chemistry" and the thread number is above 80 but below 134. The path is plausible,but it is known that nerve agents need to be stabilized in some way. The thread also mentioned Soman,another nerve agent,that follows a similar path. Anyways,hopefully either the guide was fake or that some demented terrorist doesn't come across it,that will probably end with extremely tight regulations regarding chemical purchases. Will anybody dare try the synthesis route :D :D :D :D .The most toxic substance I will ever come in contact is probably phosgene,I don't see myself dealing with it in the foreseeable future though. Funny,if you read the procedure closely,it calls for handling the gas.
As for your second question,I don't know what area of chemistry you are interested in,so I will give a rundown of the sections that deal with any area of chemistry or are relevant to chemistry. The ATF Orange Book archive deals with laws and regulations regarding explosives,but I assume you are either familiar with the relevant parts or are not an explosives enthusiast. The "Consequences" page is extremely graphic and shows possible outcomes of misuse of energetic materials,but sadly,it is too graphic for the forum,perhaps a simple link to it in the EM section and a warning will do? http://nope7beergoa64ih.onion/Consequences/
A good chemistry archive would be http://nope7beergoa64ih.onion/Douchermann/ this website isn't all about explosives and weapons of mass destruction! You might want to check this one out if you aren't very interested in explosives. Too bad that only a few synthesis pages are actually functional.
N3chem also deals with azides, also explosive. I think you should see the general direction where all of the chemistry pages on this hidden site are heading towards.
Mokothar's development seems to have stopped short,the only file is a simple formula regarding nitration and the fraction of sulfuric acid left after distilling it with a nitrate salt.
The SMDB archive contains a few chemistry-related publications,it might be interesting,I haven't begun reading them yet,but it looks promising.
Edit:Rhodium is a "cook" section,avoid that in case anybody finds out and makes the wrong connections.

[Edited on 14-11-2015 by Agari]

Agari
Banned

[*] posted on 13-11-2015 at 15:52

Anyway, I now have a copy of the RogueSci archive

Did you use the 18JAN2009 website rather than the December of 2008 one though?

The Volatile Chemist
International Hazard

[*] posted on 15-11-2015 at 14:27

Sciencemadness should 'go onion' :P
Just kidding, but it would be fun to have an archive there for SM.
To let the users of TOR fear my...terrible posts...

[Edited on 11-15-2015 by The Volatile Chemist]

Marvin
National Hazard

[*] posted on 15-11-2015 at 16:07

I can't speak much on the subject of war gasses and never would want to, but the standard of chemistry on SM has always been much higher than at roguesci in every area I know. RS had a lot of very stubborn people, some with quite a limited education in chemistry and a fuck ton of kewls.

The controversial chem lab was better than a ledgard text, but that's not saying much. Mega was highly resistant to correcting anything. His sole reason for thinking Guanidine Carbonate was an explosive turned out be that Davis makes it via an explosive compound and Mega didn't think he'd turn an explosive compound into a non explosive one. His faith in that logic surprised me and it was not corrected.
Agari
Banned

[*] posted on 15-11-2015 at 17:22

Quote: Originally posted by Marvin  
I can't speak much on the subject of war gasses and never would want to, but the standard of chemistry on SM has always been much higher than at roguesci in every area I know. RS had a lot of very stubborn people, some with quite a limited education in chemistry and a fuck ton of kewls.

The controversial chem lab was better than a ledgard text, but that's not saying much. Mega was highly resistant to correcting anything. His sole reason for thinking Guanidine Carbonate was an explosive turned out be that Davis makes it via an explosive compound and Mega didn't think he'd turn an explosive compound into a non explosive one. His faith in that logic surprised me and it was not corrected.

The part about RS being full of kewls is somewhat believable,the forum was dedicated to WMDs and explosives....
Wow! Mega posted that Guanidine Carbonate was explosive? Can you link that post please?I would really like to see it.
You have to absolutely LOVE how the user does not talk about byproducts in the Sarin synthesis reaction,especially after the part in the instructions telling the reader to add methyl iodide.
Edit:I'm actually surprised that the forum did not come up with a theory of turning thiodiglycol(Solvent found in pen ink) into mustard gas,they are structurally similar, and thiodiglycol was even used as a precursor to mustard gas. Sure,thiodiglycol is found in trace amounts in pens,but pens are cheap,enough said.

[Edited on 16-11-2015 by Agari]

Agari
Banned

[*] posted on 16-11-2015 at 20:05

I can't edit my above post again(are they on a timer?),so I will post again. There is a thread from 2004 which I found through a google search where the original poster posted a supposed how-to guide on VX,but another pointed out that the procedure produced VM,both are extremely toxic.The synthesis sounds plausible,but I haven't looked into it.
I think this is going too far into chemical weapons,we should start discussing something else related to RogueSci.

Marvin
National Hazard

[*] posted on 17-11-2015 at 04:50

This is just a web gateway link.
http://nope7beergoa64ih.onion.link/Roguesci/MIT/explo/guanid...
It's part of the chemlab rather than the forum, the discussion to correct may be in the forum but I don't know where. A more recent grab by Hinckleyforpresident has better html for the chemlab, but the information is exactly the same.
Agari
Banned

[*] posted on 17-11-2015 at 16:45

Quote: Originally posted by Marvin  
This is just a web gateway link.
http://nope7beergoa64ih.onion.link/Roguesci/MIT/explo/guanid...
It's part of the chemlab rather than the forum, the discussion to correct may be in the forum but I don't know where. A more recent grab by Hinckleyforpresident has better html for the chemlab, but the information is exactly the same.

Wow,the author even states that he only knows the synthesis of the compound,and not much more. He could have at least done some reading before posting that guanidine carbonate was explosive.

The Volatile Chemist
International Hazard

[*] posted on 19-11-2015 at 10:27

What's with the 'chemlab'? I saw it once as a google result. What's its purpose?

Agari
Banned

[*] posted on 19-11-2015 at 14:43

What's with the 'chemlab'? I saw it once as a google result. What's its purpose?

The purpose of the chemlab was to have a library of syntheses of energetic materials,syntheses using a microwave device,pharmaceuticals,and toxins. When RogueSci went down, only the energetic materials section was complete. I am assuming that RogueSci went down at the beginning of 2010,but I may be wrong. Hopefully,a RS veteran either confirms or corrects my thoughts.

[Edited on 20-11-2015 by Agari]

Pages:  1  

Go To Top