Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: Getting rid of Acetone Peroxide
macckone
International Hazard

Mood: Electrical

[*] posted on 21-11-2015 at 23:26

Quote: Originally posted by aga  
He was Poling, so i guess there might have been a bit of stone that got stuck into his wooden pole, and then he found a pocket of nitro, stuck the pole in, pushed hard, connecting the stone with another stone ...

I thought the Wright Brothers were the first to Fly ?

They were the first to take off and land safely.
There is a fable about some Chinese guy loading up a chair with fireworks.
Think his name was Wan Hu and it was about 2000 BC.
If I recall it didn't turn out well.
Kagutsuchi
Hazard to Self

Mood: Happy

[*] posted on 22-11-2015 at 04:36

It might be unsafe but I think it could worth a try with a VERY small amount: Add some h2so4 to a kmno4-solution and add a little amount of the peroxide to it. The permanganate will most likely oxidise it. I don't know if it could explode from that even under the solution but my guess would be a no.
kecskesajt
Hazard to Others

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 22-11-2015 at 06:30

Quote: Originally posted by Kagutsuchi  
It might be unsafe but I think it could worth a try with a VERY small amount: Add some h2so4 to a kmno4-solution and add a little amount of the peroxide to it. The permanganate will most likely oxidise it. I don't know if it could explode from that even under the solution but my guess would be a no.

Are U mad bro?????
szuko03
Hazard to Others

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 24-11-2015 at 07:35

Please everyone have some common sense. You can not just flush shit down the sink or toilet you cant dump it in the woods or a river, all that shit starts here with us. If WE dispose of our wastes correctly the world will have an easier time accepting home chemistry, if they find dump sites in the woods or pipes explode you are only hurting the cause.

I beg of you guys be responsible with your wastes. With the internet and instant access to info you pretty much have no excuse to go and put everyone in danger because you didnt know better.

Proper disposal and considering your impact on your surroundings is as important as personal safety if not more. At least if your lab explodes and your not wearing googles you go blind and maybe it just effects you, if you poison the earth it effects other people and animals.

[Edited on 24-11-2015 by szuko03]

Chemistry is a natural drive, not an interest.
Rhodanide
Hazard to Others

Mood: That retro aesthetic

[*] posted on 3-12-2015 at 08:24

Quote: Originally posted by KesterDraconis  
Quote: Originally posted by Tetra  
Quote: Originally posted by OneEyedPyro  
Well, if you only have a few grams to get rid of it's not an issue but if it's a large amount it could be considered a waste of acetone.

Chemically destroying TATP seems well, potentially dangerous.

At least with the burning method there's no risk of detonation once the TATP has dissolved.

It's 67.2 grams.

May I ask why you created this massive an amount of TATP?

I understand you want to get rid of it now, but even as far as "large scale" can go, for TATP (or any primary), that is an enormous amount.

Keep in mind that it is wet, and not sublimed. I had planned on blowing out an old beaver dam that is almost stopping the flow of water in the river near my house. There's no beavers near there now, its pretty old. :) (And no, My neighbors won't hear it, I live in a rural area.)

I have now gotten rid of it, by dissolving it in toluene and burning the mix bits at a time.

Trust me, I now completely realize that AP was NOT a good choice at all, but it was readily available for me to make. (In bulk.)
Rhodanide
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 3-12-2015 at 08:26

I can clearly see that you're trying to kill me.
Rhodanide
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 3-12-2015 at 08:27

Quote: Originally posted by szuko03  
Please everyone have some common sense. You can not just flush shit down the sink or toilet you cant dump it in the woods or a river, all that shit starts here with us. If WE dispose of our wastes correctly the world will have an easier time accepting home chemistry, if they find dump sites in the woods or pipes explode you are only hurting the cause.

I beg of you guys be responsible with your wastes. With the internet and instant access to info you pretty much have no excuse to go and put everyone in danger because you didnt know better.

Proper disposal and considering your impact on your surroundings is as important as personal safety if not more. At least if your lab explodes and your not wearing googles you go blind and maybe it just effects you, if you poison the earth it effects other people and animals.

[Edited on 24-11-2015 by szuko03]

No worries, man.
I didn't dump it, I dissolved it in Toluene and burned the mix.
Rhodanide
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 3-12-2015 at 08:28

Quote: Originally posted by kecskesajt  

Are U mad bro?????

No question, he's clearly insane!
Rhodanide
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 3-12-2015 at 08:31

Quote: Originally posted by Tsjerk  
Could anyone explain me why not to trow it done the drain with a lot of water? I don't see it drying in the pipes anywhere as there is always water around, it is not a heavy metal and it will decompose by the time it gets to the waste plant.

Because not only is it bad practice in chemistry, but there's a good chance that it could blow up. It's a High Explosive, after all!!
 Pages:  1  2

Go To Top