Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Selling All my Lab Equipment
MorbidMule
Harmless

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 20-1-2016 at 16:41
Selling All my Lab Equipment

Just wanted to let everybody here know there will be some deals on Ebay over the coming months as I sell my entire garage laboratory. Lots of 24/40 Glassware to come, flasks ranging from 25ml to 12L, heating mantles, scales, vacuum pumps, buchner funnels big and small to name just a few things.

Much of this stuff is still brand new or only slightly used, as I tended to only use a small core of equipment with any regularity. I only have so much time and energy to list it all, so it's going to slowly appear on ebay over the course of the year. Some things I'll list in this thread(if it's not deleted) beforehand if I haven't had the time to take photos. For example, my JKEM DVR-200 digital vacuum regulator (+ needle valve) is tested and still working accurately.

If anybody wants to gamble and pay via Bitcoin off of ebay, I can obviously pass the savings on. Otherwise, here's the link to my items:

http://www.ebay.com/sch/morbidmule/m.html

Please contact me through ebay as I don't log on here regularly.

Hawkguy
Hazard to Others

Mood: Body is Ready

[*] posted on 20-1-2016 at 17:45

I sent you an email. I live in Vancouver too. Can we meet up, or are you only selling over ebay?
Endo
Hazard to Others

Mood: Cold

[*] posted on 30-1-2016 at 08:33

Folks, make sure to look at his shipping costs. Wow... 15$ to ship some filter paper.
Dr.Bob
International Hazard

[*] posted on 30-1-2016 at 08:36

Shipping nearly anything between the US and Canada has gotten crazy expensive with the last postage increase. The minimum cost for US to Canada is now about $14, so that might explain the pricing. Not sure, but not very practical to ship internationally except for small, lightweight things and a lot of them in a package.
MorbidMule
Harmless

[*] posted on 30-1-2016 at 19:11

Dr Bob has a point-postal service is now almost identical in price to UPS/Fedex here in Canada. That being said, sometimes I'm using shipping costs in place of a minimum bid(whatever saves time on the incredibly dull task of creating ebay listings). Shipping is a P.I.T.A., especially glassware, so I have to make it worth my time. And as they say, if you don't like my terms, move on :). For most of my items I'm aiming at around half of the price I see on amazon.com.

Added reaction blocks, spherical mantles, temp controllers, more filter papers, glass and porcelain buchners, rotary vane pump, aquarium pump and a bunch of large flasks. Almost everything this week is brand new.

[Edited on 31-1-2016 by MorbidMule]
jamit
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 30-1-2016 at 19:33

These are not good deals... the shipping prices are ridiculous.most amateur chemist's can't afford these prices. That's my thought on it. It's better to be patient and wait… You'll get way better deals. Dr. Bob gave way better deals when he had lots of stuff.

[Edited on 31-1-2016 by jamit]
MorbidMule
Harmless

[*] posted on 9-2-2016 at 12:19

For those of you with some patience, wait a few months. Eventually I'm going to have to bite the bullet and knock things down to one-dollar starting bids if I want to move it all. Added hotplate/stirrers, pH meter, small scale glassware and kits, more filter papers, more large glassware.

;)An an ounce of gold for a dollar plus a thousand dollar shipping charge on Ebay: would you scoop it up or complain about the shipping costs?;)

[Edited on 9-2-2016 by MorbidMule]
XeonTheMGPony
International Hazard

[*] posted on 9-2-2016 at 13:01

I report artificial postage prices as scams/fraud as that is exactly what it is, just put the damned minimum bid in!

If you want to sell it just advertise locally as well make it easy for some one to meet up for pick ups n such.

As for the gold I'd report it as fraud due to the artificial shipping price, it is a principle thing.
chemrox
International Hazard

Mood: LaGrangian

[*] posted on 9-2-2016 at 14:31

Quote: Originally posted by MorbidMule  
JKEM DVR-200 digital vacuum regulator (+ needle valve) is tested and still working accurately.

2 things: 1) I can't find the above and am very interested. 2) you could do a lot better on shipping costs. Particularly for the large flask and the filter paper. Shipping for a bx of filter paper should be ~$3. No need for bubble wrap. While I'm on the subject: when using bubble wrap don't use tape. The container should suffice to hold it together and we can re-use the packing material.

"When you let the dumbasses vote you end up with populism followed by autocracy and getting back is a bitch." Plato (sort of)
The Volatile Chemist
International Hazard

Mood: Copious

[*] posted on 9-2-2016 at 14:39

Guys, Dr. Bob has already said the shipping is due to Canada-US shipping regulation. No need to continue criticism over it. Looks like he's got some quite nice stuff, though probably only for Canadians considering the shipping.

MorbidMule
Harmless

[*] posted on 12-2-2016 at 23:37

Some shipping prices reflect the time it takes to make labels, print them, buy bubble wrap and pack things and then deliver them to the post office or courier dropbox.. Glassware has to be wrapped, boxed, wrapped and boxed again. You folks in the US don't realize how expensive bubble wrap and styrofoam peanuts are here :). You can use balled-up newspaper but it adds a few lbs to your package and then you end up paying about the same.

Strangely, only 1 person has emailed me about combined shipping. I don't do any combined shipping on Glassware right now, but most other small items are eligible for discounts.

Ebay limits me to 50 free listings/month, which is one reason the JKEM D-200, along with many other things, hasn't appeared yet. That and it must be at the bottom of my pile because I have yet to find the box I put it in :).
Great
Harmless

[*] posted on 13-2-2016 at 17:57

I've already emailed morbidmule since I live within 10km of where he's shipping from. There's no pick ups or in person arrangements, it looks like even Canadians will have to deal with those shipping prices. Almost a shame to have a local source so unavailable due to shipping costs.
JJay
International Hazard

[*] posted on 13-2-2016 at 18:26

I've been super tempted to pick up the 12L but have a hard time talking myself into buying a $200 item for which I have no purpose. It would be nice to have a 3 gallon flask, though....
MorbidMule
Harmless

[*] posted on 21-2-2016 at 01:15

No local pickups/deliveries, but I do adjust shipping prices for locals on all non-glassware items. I've set a couple glass items at 1 cent starting bids this week and will continue to do so every week or two from now on.
cyanureeves
National Hazard

[*] posted on 21-2-2016 at 18:11

buying a $1.00 gold coin with a $1000.00 shipping cost would be alright but not if one had to return the merchandise for whatever reason.start your bid at $1000.00 and it will sell quick anyways.
MorbidMule
Harmless

[*] posted on 3-3-2016 at 17:45

Several prices have been reduced or switched from USD to CAD. Appearing in a few hours are vacuum pumps, manometer, thermometers, lab stand, overhead stirrer, old fractional distillation texts and more glass pieces. Lots of auctions starting at a penny.
ganger631
Hazard to Self

Mood: Plata o plomo

[*] posted on 3-3-2016 at 20:39

Do you do pick up in the lower mainland?
MorbidMule
Harmless

[*] posted on 11-3-2016 at 20:38

No pickups/deliveries right now, sorry.
MorbidMule
Harmless

[*] posted on 4-5-2016 at 17:07

Added distillation columns, reflux condensors, buchners and other misc glass today

http://www.ebay.com/sch/morbidmule/m.html

Found a few grams of Mercuric Chloride in a box that I probably can't sell on ebay, so message me if you're interested.

[Edited on 5-5-2016 by MorbidMule]

Go To Top