Sciencemadness Discussion Board
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: If you live in TEXAS, there is a LEGAL way for you to get glassware!
Cou
National Hazard

Mood: Mad Scientist

[*] posted on 9-3-2016 at 10:41
If you live in TEXAS, there is a LEGAL way for you to get glassware!

From the Texas statute on controlled substances:

Sec. 481.081. CHEMICAL LABORATORY APPARATUS TRANSFER PERMIT. (a) A person must obtain a chemical laboratory apparatus transfer permit from the department to be eligible:

(1) to sell, transfer, or otherwise furnish an apparatus subject to Section 481.080(a) to a person in this state;

(2) to receive an apparatus subject to Section 481.080(a) from a source outside this state; or

(3) to receive an apparatus subject to Section 481.080(a) if the person, in receiving the apparatus, does not represent a business.

If I interpreted it right, #3 makes it illegal to buy glassware over the counter inside a Texas store, but #2 makes it illegal to receive glassware in the mail from a supplier outside of Texas, such as Elemental Scientific or Laboy Glass (China-based).

So I believe that a Texan could legally get glassware by renting a P.O. box in a post office outside of Texas (say Oklahoma, since I live closest to there), order the glassware to be shipped to that P.O. box, then you can drive there to pick it up, and drive it back to Texas, assuming that there are no laws about transporting over state borders or interpretation of "receiving" as driving it over the border.

my youtube channel, organic chemistry videos: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0qzaRyHxLUOExwagKStYHw
arkoma
Redneck Overlord

Mood: украї́нська

[*] posted on 9-3-2016 at 15:30

M'eh, move to Arkansas

"We believe the knowledge and cultural heritage of mankind should be accessible to all people around the world, regardless of their wealth, social status, nationality, citizenship, etc" z-lib

Etaoin Shrdlu
National Hazard

Mood: Insufferable

[*] posted on 9-3-2016 at 16:14

You're still receiving it from a source outside the state.
JJay
International Hazard

[*] posted on 10-3-2016 at 00:30

You could, of course, simply set up a business and use it to buy glassware. That would actually be legal.
Cou
National Hazard

Mood: Mad Scientist

[*] posted on 10-3-2016 at 00:50

Quote: Originally posted by JJay  
You could, of course, simply set up a business and use it to buy glassware. That would actually be legal.

Still requires a permit.

my youtube channel, organic chemistry videos: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0qzaRyHxLUOExwagKStYHw

Go To Top