Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: Enforcing basic rules.
quicksilver
International Hazard

Mood: ~-=SWINGS=-~

[*] posted on 17-6-2007 at 06:57

I was there as well.....and there. What a ride! Frankly, I'm glad it's all in the past. I was one of those young people who chronically looked like a blue-eyed Jesus.
Moody Blues, Jefferson Airplane, Janis Joplin, Hendrix, Cream....patcholi oil, incense, all sorts of shit tacked to the ceiling, black-lights, candles, day glow colors and body painting ....it's all coming back in a rush whenever I see an old album cover. (Sniff, sniffle...I miss my hair!)
tito-o-mac
Hazard to Others

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 20-7-2007 at 06:06

There's also been an Islam political/religious arguement recently. I do believe that such comments should only be said personally or not be said at all.

Remember, it's better to always take an action instead of writing a comment!
Rosco Bodine
Banned

Mood: analytical

[*] posted on 20-7-2007 at 07:07

It wasn't an argument at all . It was a statement of
fact by me which some people would prefer go unsaid ,
as a PC taboo against any freespeech which no matter how true ......might be offensive and lead to arguments
with people who just can't stand the truth and who just want to argue for arguments sake .

You live in Singapore where there are laws against free speech which might instigate disharmony in what the
social architects want to keep an agreeable population
who dare not step out of line .....including freely speaking their mind in ways that are unapproved .

And you probably think it is better to be a little neighborhood narc and hit the "report" button to
have the local enforcers of "right speak and right think"
than to dare to engage in open freespeak or freethink
directly with some free spirit whose freedom you regard as misbehavior ....deserving of being gagged for
"misbehavior" .

And for those who share that view , how about bringing something useful to this thinktank forum for
The Art and Science of *Amateur* Experimentalism
with proofs involving your resourcefulness in technical
matters that are in any respect applicable to the realm
of a home laboratory , or in support of that work as
pertinent contribution .....proving your worth in that regard , instead of wearing out the report button
to have some free spirit gagged .

We used to be able to speak freely here and few threads were ever locked . Then came the enforced PC we have now , and with it came all of the *advanced industrial laboratory related knowledge* that is 99% totally irrelevant and useless to the *amateur* ......so where is the huge contribution , where is the payoff for the
censorship ? Where is all the new influx of creative contribution which was ostensibly absent in that freer environment which existed before ? It isn't there because
the premise that enforced PC and its volunteer narcs ,
is anything that fosters creativity and contribution is false .

Free thinkers function best when they aren't placed in a box , and then expected to make contributions which
necessarily require thinking that is outside the box .
The shifting of gears all the time between the rules for
thinking and for speaking is tiresome and stifling and
it is the antithesis of creativity in science or in art .

This forum has been a crucible where the experiment has been done already and proved out ....yet it continues .
And the why is because of people who have your view
that it is better to "correct" and silence others as your
first order of business , and in preface for your contemplated contribution of marvellous value which
never existed and never comes . You are the same ilk
as those book burners , and regulators of everything
which would make the whole world a "proper" place as you define .

Now prove me wrong that those whom you can't "handle"
in U2U , you will then move it up to the next level with
the report button here ....preferring yet another example of censorship ....to the free expression of views by those
whom you can never defeat in honest and open debate .
Bromide
Harmless

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 20-7-2007 at 07:43

Quote:
Originally posted by Rosco Bodine
(in regard to tito-o-matic:)
You live in Singapore where there are laws against free speech which might instigate disharmony in what the
social architects want to keep an agreeable population
who dare not step out of line .....including freely speaking their mind in ways that are unapproved .

And you probably think it is better to be a little neighborhood narc and hit the "report" button to
have the local enforcers of "right speak and right think"
than to dare to engage in open freespeak or freethink
directly with some free spirit whose freedom you regard as misbehavior ....deserving of being gagged for
"misbehavior" ...

In fairness to tito-o-matic, while I think he is a bit naive on occasion, to my awareness he has never indicated he would engage in the sort of thought-crime repression you're talking about here. He's green (a teenager in high school, if i remember correctly) and some of his sillier comments just reflect the propaganda that has been fed to him during his upbringing--exactly like all the rest of us--but none of his posts show him to be a malicious person.

But he seems a bright enough kid, and it is not unreasonable to hope that his experiences here (including the occasional smack-down) will help him eventually to free himself from some of the dogmatic thinking that our societies promote heavily to young people.

For that matter, while I may have some criticisms for the policies of the government of Singapore, none of us should suffer any superiority complexes regarding our own governments. Western democratic republics sure talk a good game, and for much of my life I, too, believed the hype... But the past few years observing the operation of the federal and two state governments in action "on the ground" has cleared me of the delusion that fascism is dead in the USA.
Rosco Bodine
Banned

Mood: analytical

[*] posted on 20-7-2007 at 09:15

Believe me ....I have no illusions about secular republics being any haven for freedoms of any kind in an absolutely libertarian sense ....they stink too:D But in a relative sense , in comparison with some of the more regimented societies ( we shall not mention any specifically , as everyone knows who they are :P ) ....
relatively speaking there *is* greater freedom in the
secular societies which are also republics .

A big problem in the US now is the government seems to have gotten deaf to the people for whom they work ,
so the government isn't really reflecting the views and wishes of the people at large . I think the percentage of people presently approving of the US adminsitration is at a record low "approval rating" of maybe 12-15% .

In time however that will change with new administration being elected ...whereas some societies stay stuck with whatever they have for decade after decade . At least in the US we can boot the scoundrels out .

BTW , If I were to go to Singapore and speak my mind freely ,
they would probably cane me publicly and then deport me :D

[Edited on 20-7-2007 by Rosco Bodine]
Nerro
National Hazard

Mood: Whatever...

[*] posted on 20-7-2007 at 09:46

Quote:
At least in the US we can boot the scoundrels out .
I won't go into this here :P

Quote:
BTW , If I were to go to Singapore and speak my mind freely ,
they would probably cane me publicly and then deport me :D
I would pay to see that :P

I beg the admins to allow bitchfighting in whimsy again. Punish it hard outside of whimsy but please allow it in whimsy! It used to be so much watching conversations getting out of hand and now it's sort of quiet...

#261501 +(11351)- [X]

the \"bishop\" came to our church today
he was a fucken impostor
never once moved diagonally

courtesy of bash
 Pages:  1  2

Go To Top