Sciencemadness Discussion Board
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Highly explosive peroxide compounds and friends...
octonitrocubane
Banned troll

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 27-3-2016 at 15:01
Highly explosive peroxide compounds and friends...

Having already synthesised MEKP (liquid explosives, ain't I kewl) and stayed well away from acetone peroxide, I was wondering, do any of you guys know of any other highly explosive peroxides and how to synthesise them? Would greatly appreciate any help!
PHILOU Zrealone
International Hazard

Mood: Bis-diazo-dinitro-hydroquinonic

[*] posted on 27-3-2016 at 15:42

Why reinventing the wheel?

Believe it or not...
The search engine tool of the forum is your most helping friend...
There are 100th and 100th peroxydes entries you can browse through...and find more than your wildest dreams...you of course need to do the effort to type the few specific words and click...as a bonus, it is much less energy for you than typing the 3 sentences text at the start of this tread.

PH Z (PHILOU Zrealone)

"Physic is all what never works; Chemistry is all what stinks and explodes!"-"Life that deadly disease, sexually transmitted."(W.Allen)
chemrox
International Hazard

Mood: LaGrangian

[*] posted on 27-3-2016 at 17:40

Bubble some ozone through a bottle of ether and store it under ultraviolet light with pressure.

"When you let the dumbasses vote you end up with populism followed by autocracy and getting back is a bitch." Plato (sort of)
100PercentChemistry
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 27-3-2016 at 18:01

Google explosive peroxide site:sciencemadness
octonitrocubane
Banned troll

[*] posted on 28-3-2016 at 03:42

Thanks guys! Would the reaction between ketones such as cyclohexanone and H2O2 be able to yield powerful explosives? If I do this reaction, I will be aiming for 1 gram, just to find out critical mass for detonation.
PHILOU Zrealone
International Hazard

[*] posted on 28-3-2016 at 05:37

Quote: Originally posted by octonitrocubane  
Thanks guys! Would the reaction between ketones such as cyclohexanone and H2O2 be able to yield powerful explosives? If I do this reaction, I will be aiming for 1 gram, just to find out critical mass for detonation.

If it does, what it probably does, because cyclohexanone is C6H10O (or cyclo(-CH2-CH2-CH2-CH2-CO-CH2-) you will obviously have something less powerful than aceton (CH3-CO-CH3) or than butanone (MEK - CH3-CH2-CO-CH3).

I'll put those in line for you:
*-CH2-CH2-CH2-CH2-CO-CH2-*
CH3-CH2-CO-CH3
CH3-CO-CH3
Do you see the difference?
Following you what supports the peroxydic groups?
What does this imply?
Hint...read and understand the principles of oxygen balance.

And MEKP is not cool, TATP (CTAP) is not cool eather.

You claim you go as far as possible from CTAP but you want to play with other powerful and dangerously sensitive explosives peroxydes or even ditetrazolylhexaazadiene.

You act like a terrorist requesting help disguised into a wanna be cool newbie.

PH Z (PHILOU Zrealone)

"Physic is all what never works; Chemistry is all what stinks and explodes!"-"Life that deadly disease, sexually transmitted."(W.Allen)
octonitrocubane
Banned troll

[*] posted on 28-3-2016 at 06:02

I had no prospect of synthesising ditetrazolyhexaazadiene, just that I wanted to bring it up in a thread about tetrazoles. And MEKP I did a long time ago, before I realised exactly how dangerous it could be. Given that I have access to a controlled environment (a professional laboratory,) I would be interested in synthesis of less sensitive organic peroxides (there probably aren't any.)
PHILOU Zrealone
International Hazard

[*] posted on 28-3-2016 at 06:37

I had no prospect of synthesising ditetrazolyhexaazadiene, just that I wanted to bring it up in a thread about tetrazoles. And MEKP I did a long time ago, before I realised exactly how dangerous it could be. Given that I have access to a controlled environment (a professional laboratory,) I would be interested in synthesis of less sensitive organic peroxides (there probably aren't any.)

You seem to say everything and its contrary...

1°) you want synthesis of less sensitive organic peroxides, but you want powerful peroxide explosives...

Having already synthesised MEKP (liquid explosives, ain't I kewl) and stayed well away from acetone peroxide, I was wondering, do any of you guys know of any other highly explosive peroxides and how to synthesise them? Would greatly appreciate any help!

2°) About ditetrazolylhexaazadiene you had no prospect to synthetise it but you claimed to have made 5 grams of it...

Anyone for 1,6-ditetrazolylhexaaza-1,5-diene? Dornier335A has it on Youtube. VoD 9300 ms. Sensitivity is, of course, just about unparalleled. Formula C2H4N14 - it contains 87.5% nitrogen by weight.

Having just synthesised five grams, its safe to say that I will never touch it again. One flake on the floor nearky gave me a heart attack. 4 grams contained with aluminium foil within a plastic bag lit at the bottom of the water bottle absolutely shred it. Despite being able to isolate ~10 micron flakes, it has yet to not detonate...

:(:( I wonder... schyzophrenia?

The lab you are planing to work in will not allow you to persue your research further if you make an explosive mishaps of 5g or even 1g of a high explosive...glassware schrapnels can cut and transpierce and destroy a lot of labware but also generate serious injuries or even kill innocent people...
Sorry to say but you obviously don't have the safety concern to work in a lab.

[Edited on 28-3-2016 by PHILOU Zrealone]

PH Z (PHILOU Zrealone)

a nitrogen rich explosive
Banned troll

Mood: Repentant

[*] posted on 28-3-2016 at 07:02

ffs octonitrocubane stay away from any of these. Come back when you have the required level of safety. Even very negative oxygen balance peroxides can blow ur hands off. Plz don't.

[Edited on 28-3-2016 by a nitrogen rich explosive]

Go To Top