Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: Reagents for sale
Gurt
Harmless

Mood: Inquisitive

[*] posted on 7-5-2016 at 17:01

Also as a side note, which I almost forgot to mention. The NaBH4 will be available on the 11th, as it is currently waiting at a FedEx shipping center. If you are interested in ordering, or have any questions, just shoot me a U2U!
Gurt
Harmless

[*] posted on 12-5-2016 at 19:37

Update 5/12/16

Hello all I apologize for the chain post, however I can't seem to edit my last post for updating.
I now have NaBH4 in stock and ready for packing. I am going to try to gather as many orders as possible together before packing. So as to minimize handling and atmospheric exposure of the bulk material. Currently I have 15kg in stock and ready to go.
As always, feel free to contact me with any questions or concerns.
Thank you!
Loptr
International Hazard

Mood: Grateful

[*] posted on 18-5-2016 at 12:37

Do you have a COA from the supplier as to the quality of the NaBH4?
Gurt
Harmless

[*] posted on 18-5-2016 at 18:59

Quote: Originally posted by Loptr  
Do you have a COA from the supplier as to the quality of the NaBH4?

Yes I do, please see attachment. I appreciate your asking, as I had actually not even thought of posting the COA. Good idea!

Attachment: COA of Sodium borohydride.pdf (87kB)
This file has been downloaded 468 times
Loptr
International Hazard

[*] posted on 18-5-2016 at 19:25

Well, it's just a token, as the supplier can send whatever they want, but it doesn't hurt.

I believe that mine said it was 98.3% pure, but I haven't been able to confirm that yet. I have been contemplating collecting the hydrogen produced and measuring it. Bfesser has a procedure linked in the LAH thread.
Loptr
International Hazard

[*] posted on 18-5-2016 at 19:27

You might want to take the approach I am trying to take, and that's by passing out a couple free samples and then getting them to review it.

I just had one back out of my sample program, and the other two haven't responded.
Gurt
Harmless

[*] posted on 18-5-2016 at 20:49

I do believe I had mentioned samples, and am happy to send some out If people are willing to cover shipping at least. Also I took a while to decide on a supplier, as many of them seem pretty shady when dealing with China. Many say they will ship under fake names, require bank transfer only for payment, and barely speak enough english to understand.

However this particular company was very helpful, packed my order perfectly to my specifications. And shipped everything properly with the right paperwork and all. They even accepted paypal!

I did a quick product check and it does seem to be accurate to their spec, I will have to check out the LAH thread and try the method you mentioned though. So far the 3 companies I have been dealing with have met expectations, and done very well with meeting my specs. Which is wonderful seeing as a friend of mine had several bad experiences with ordering from China before finally finding a good company.

I wish you luck with your sales, and hope both of us can help provide service to the community here.
Weinreb
Harmless

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 23-5-2016 at 18:24

I just want it to be known that I purchased some of Gurt's material and it arrived as promised in a very timely manner. His packaging was excellent, as was all communications leading up to transaction. I have not had an opportunity to actually test the material out yet, however I will soon and intend to post my results here.

Thanks for the pleasant transaction.
careysub
International Hazard

Mood: Lowest quantum state

[*] posted on 26-5-2016 at 14:59

My order arrived in excellent condition. The vacuum packing is nice.
Gurt
Harmless

[*] posted on 3-5-2018 at 15:42

I know this thread is quite inactive now. But I have had a few people U2U me recently, so to make it public knowledge I will just update things here. I do still have NaBH4 in stock, as well as a few liters of benzene looking for a home. If interested just U2U me, thanks!
JJay
International Hazard

[*] posted on 3-5-2018 at 16:16

I think it is totally great that you guys are making reagents like sodium borohydride available to amateurs.

carrant
Harmless

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 17-5-2018 at 18:06

Order arrived in perfect condition with excellent packaging!
repogreg
Harmless

[*] posted on 22-5-2018 at 12:48

Quote: Originally posted by Gurt  
Hi, I will look into just how much shipping on the thionyl may be. As for the other reagents, I am still working out a final price with the supplier. I will be sure to update as soon as a arrive at a solid number. So far for benzene I am looking at potentially being able to sell for less then $80 a liter, on the high side. My target is to be able to sell it for around $50-$60 a liter, which is seeming like a fairly good possibility.

Edit: After a little reading, I am doubtful that I want to carry thionyl chloride in the near future. Due to its scheduling alone. My apologies

[Edited on Apr04-23-2016 by Gurt]

New here. if this post are there some reasonable small quantity exemtions? especially if triple sealed then sealed again in a sagfe reagent? examole shippng 100 ml of 99%H2SO4 triple sealed then packed in a 1lb "baking soda box" with a vent------------- just being realistic and harm preventative ??
DavidJR
National Hazard

Mood: Tired

[*] posted on 22-5-2018 at 13:00

Quote: Originally posted by repogreg  

New here. if this post are there some reasonable small quantity exemtions? especially if triple sealed then sealed again in a sagfe reagent? examole shippng 100 ml of 99%H2SO4 triple sealed then packed in a 1lb "baking soda box" with a vent------------- just being realistic and harm preventative ??

Just because you're sure you can pack something safely does not mean it is legal to post it that way.

Gurt
Harmless

[*] posted on 26-5-2018 at 10:21

I would strongly encourage NOT trying this. The rules are the rules, just cause you think you packed it well does not mean it is legal or worth doing. Trying something like this just seems like a lot of effort to get yourself into a bad situation. Please don't be "That Guy"
 Pages:  1  2

Go To Top