Sciencemadness Discussion Board
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: The Aga saga: now it’s me who stands accused of being little_ghost! (And more!)
blogfast25
International Hazard

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 13-5-2016 at 05:58
The Aga saga: now it’s me who stands accused of being little_ghost! (And more!)

Remember the episode in which little_ghost (and his successor little_ghost_again) stood accused by aga of being a financial fraudster and how in the wake of these accusations member Arkoma then also stood accused by aga of being little_ghost/ little_ghost_again?

http://www.sciencemadness.org/talk/viewthread.php?tid=65094

It appears (NOT!) that aga’s troll-identifying ‘algorithm’ has finally solved the ‘mystery’ by... pointing the finger at me! aga’s obsession re. trolls and sock puppets should by now be familiar to many members. Now he’s at it again.

On Wed, 11/5/16 I received from aga a mysterious sounding U2U that simply read:

Quote:
i Deleted my post.

To this day I have no idea what post he’s referring to (although I can now more or less guess the topic and content).

Within hours I had received an email from aga on my main email address, which I’ll cut and paste here in its entirety (screen shots will follow later, if needed).

Quote:
Ground rules : Nothing said Here is repeated on SM, ever.
In the ‘slip’ : you confused the two identities’s capabilities.

To err is Human (aka Shit Happens)

Judging by Data from the posts i have analysed, the ‘extra’ characters, such as little_ghost/again et al are mostly you.

This recent slip is Gross compared to minutiea i’ve had the computers analyse : correlation is 1:1

To be honest i suspected you from the start, as you introduced me to SM.

As stated above, Nothing of what i Know (of this) will leak into SM, no matter what my beer-load may be at the time.

I’m really quite pleased it is You and not some complete jerk-off.

I would Dearly like to know something of the Why and something of the How, if you would be so kind.

Money has no importance in this at all.

Adrian.

P.S. I would like to show the Evidence i have, however there may still be a way to get a Patent on the algorithms, despite those epoolice f**kers announcing that they did more-or-less the same thing already.

So why am I going public with this?

1. I believe that sooner or later aga will go public with it anyway: if he feels that strongly that a long standing member/friend must be a financial fraudster/troll he won’t keep this to himself for very long.

2. I have reason to believe he already went public (the deleted post), then changed his mind at the last minute.

3. I can’t stop aga from disseminating his... erm, ‘information’ via U2U, without any defence on my part.

4. Finally, it has to stop. aga cannot be allowed to make these unwarranted allegations against several members any more, without any repercussions.

I replied to the email politely (my responses (2) will be published too, if needed) requesting evidence and clarification regarding my alleged ‘slip’.

Last night came the baffling reply:

Quote:
No ‘serious’ wrong-doings have occurred at all.

Publishing the evidence could be construed as ‘prior publication’ and i’m not going to lose this kind of money over an internet kerfuffle.

If you cannot see the ‘slip’ yourself then you are seriously slipping.
You got carried away with the maths and answered as yourself under the ‘Eosin Y’ account.
viz: http://www.sciencemadness.org/talk/viewthread.php?tid=65532&...
If you are really lucky then the weight of Maths content will cause it to go unnoticed.
I deleted my question (in that thread) about that Glaring faux-pas shortly after posting.
Given the USA/Rest of World time differences, highly likely that it will not be noticed at all.
Post more to bury it more, as will i.

I’m now 100% satisfied, as a Human (me) identified the character similarities in 1 post, wheras the computers took ages, and only came out with a High probability/Certainty when it was glaringly obvious.
(yes, the algorithms need a lot more work...)

Future-wise, i will not speak of this obsession with knowing whoses is whom on SM.
It just annoyed people anyway.
The aim was to Know rather than do anything with the knowledge.

Little_Ghost was a wonderful character !
Hardly a ‘financial fraudster’, just a rank amateur opportunist who got carried away with the homespun surreality.
Saddest part was no GC being bought, used and results/photos shown on SM.

If this is all an experiment into Belief Systems, now THAT would be an amazingly interesting thing to talk about.

Denials, demands for evidence, threats etc would be boring in the extreme.

The ‘Bet’ was with Bert about Eosin Y being yet another incarnation of the ‘Unidentified One’ (who remains so, at least to everyone else).
I bet that Eosin Y would start posting crap within a short time. Bert never actually accepted the bet.

If you find the idea of me Knowing stuff an uncomfortable situation regarding our mutual SM presences, i will immediately retire, as you are certainly more of an asset to that forum than i am.

Basically you have a lot more to offer to amateur chemists than i do.

I sincerely wish you the best, and desperately Hope that we can speak about this without any bullcrap one day.
The whole idea is fascinating and i’d love to know more, particularly the Why and How (as pertaining to psychology).

If anyone can make sense of the ‘slip’ (see his ‘incriminating’ link) or even point out what it is supposed to be, please do let me know as I can’t. Apparently I am now also Eosin Y!

This claiming that someone is also someone else isn’t just disconcerting for the person accused of sock puppetry; it also means that in this case Eosin Y is being denied an identity, i.e. his own.

I also find the following troubling (from the email):

Quote:
The ‘Bet’ was with Bert about Eosin Y being yet another incarnation of the ‘Unidentified One’ (who remains so, at least to everyone else).
I bet that Eosin Y would start posting crap within a short time. Bert never actually accepted the bet.

Bert would do well to clarify his role in all this, if any.

<hr>
I would like to be able to resolve this problem amicably. I considered aga a friend. One who has even been generous to me, a generosity I feel I have returned in spades. But I cannot remain friends with someone who essentially claims I am fundamentally and demonstrably dishonest and a troll to boot but refuses to divulge any information on which these outrageous accusations are based.

Finally, if it still requires stating: I am not little_ghost/little_ghost_again. I’m not a troll. I have no sock puppet accounts (here or elsewhere) and never have had any (I despise those who feel the need to browse a forum in that manner). I am not Eosin Y either.

Eosin Y
Banned troll

Mood: Aga needs to cool his heels

[*] posted on 13-5-2016 at 07:58

This evidence is, quite frankly, damning. My suggestions are at the end of this post.

Aga has referenced this 'bet' with Bert before, in a thread in which he describes his new shed.
Quote: Originally posted by Eosin Y  
Is there still a water supply out there? Just by the way, what kinds of chemicals do you have there.

Quote: Originally posted by aga  

Edit:

Why do you say 'still' ? That would suggest pre-knowledge.

Please think up a great answer or Bert will be really annoyed that i won the bet already.

Probably be good for his back though.

[Edited on 10-5-2016 by aga]

My first thought after this was precisely this: what the fuck?
Now that I know what he is referring to...

The second part of my issue is how Bert carries himself. As said here by Aga:

The notion that Bert should have to Think about what he says (because of his position) is frankly unacceptable.
To be frank: I don't give a shit about how many posts you've got: if you do something unacceptable on this forum (like accusing people of sockpuppeting in an almost libellous way) then any mod who knows about this should temporarily ban this person, or at least give them a warning. The fact that Bert knew full well about Aga's sockpuppeting accusations is just wrong.

Now, anyone who has fully read the rest of my post will have seen this coming. If a mod doesn't regulate the forum like he's appointed to, then you know what should happen to that mod...

My Suggestions

Aga is banned until further notice;

Bert is stripped of his moderator/administrator position.

And one final thing: a number of people have accused me of being the crazy, banned user 'a nitrogen rich explosive.' Bert was one of the first people to start this lying rumour, and if Bert's only argument against my points (when he inevitably comments) is that 'we shouldn't believe him because he's sockpuppeting for someone who's banned' you will only completely validate my statement.

I encourage other members to report and quote any other instances of this behaviour.

Finally, a list of those who have stood accused before Aga:

little_ghost
little_ghost_again
Arkoma
blogfast25
Eosin Y
I suspect:
a nitrogen rich explosive
EatsKewls
and therefore by extension:
holmes1880
to also have been accused by Aga of being Bloggers' sockpuppets.

He's ruined their reputation (the last three needed it to a certain extent) though he's also trying to ruin Blogfast's reputation. Which is disgusting.

I also take it as a compliment that I am accused of being Blogfast because of my maths skills! Thanks Aga!

[Edited on 13-5-2016 by Eosin Y]
blogfast25
International Hazard

[*] posted on 13-5-2016 at 08:36

Incidentally, since as blogfast25 and Eosin Y are not the same person, it should really not be too difficult to prove this for once and for all.

If an unbiased abjudicator offers to help, I think we can easily organise a material test that unequivocally proves blogfast25 and Eosin Y are indeed completely distinct people.

Texium
Administrator

Mood: PhD candidate!

[*] posted on 13-5-2016 at 08:49

As a moderator of this forum who is getting tired of seeing all of these random and unfounded accusations, I offer my services as an unbiased adjudicator.

Come check out the Official Sciencemadness Wiki
They're not really active right now, but here's my YouTube channel and my blog.
hissingnoise
International Hazard

Mood: Pulverulescent!

[*] posted on 13-5-2016 at 08:53

Ah yes, after the seventh can I see exactly what's going on here ─ all this verbiage is designed as a smokescreen to obscure the real, absolutely massive gargantuan conspiracy that I've now discovered, all by meself! :D

Texium
Administrator

Mood: PhD candidate!

[*] posted on 13-5-2016 at 09:02

I do, however, have an issue with some of the stuff posted here by Eosin Y:

The notion that Bert should have to Think about what he says (because of his position) is frankly unacceptable.
To be frank: I don't give a shit about how many posts you've got: if you do something unacceptable on this forum (like accusing people of sockpuppeting in an almost libellous way) then any mod who knows about this should temporarily ban this person, or at least give them a warning. The fact that Bert knew full well about Aga's sockpuppeting accusations is just wrong.

Now, anyone who has fully read the rest of my post will have seen this coming. If a mod doesn't regulate the forum like he's appointed to, then you know what should happen to that mod...

My Suggestions

And one final thing: a number of people have accused me of being the crazy, banned user 'a nitrogen rich explosive.' Bert was one of the first people to start this lying rumour, and if Bert's only argument against my points (when he inevitably comments) is that 'we shouldn't believe him because he's sockpuppeting for someone who's banned' you will only completely validate my statement.

I encourage other members to report and quote any other instances of this behaviour.
Bert is a very good administrator who is well-respected by many on this board, and he is certainly not getting stripped of powers anytime soon. I do not believe that you are a sock-puppet or a troll, but you seem to have little humility or respect for the staff here. Like it or not, you are still a very new member and have not yet "paid your dues" so to speak, so you can't expect to be successfully "encouraging" any other members to take up pitchforks and torches against a pillar of this forum's staff.

Let us do our job. Trying to tell us how to do it will not win you any favors.

Come check out the Official Sciencemadness Wiki
They're not really active right now, but here's my YouTube channel and my blog.
blogfast25
International Hazard

[*] posted on 13-5-2016 at 09:11

@zts16:

I don't think this 'you're new here' stuff is very helpful. Members have rights regardless of posting history.

And I do think Bert should clarify this betting thing.

The simplest test is for the adjudicator to request a contact number (or even two or three) of Eosin Y and blogfast25 via their published emails. Then contact them and ask for their SM username.

I'm up for it. So should Eosin Y.

[Edited on 13-5-2016 by blogfast25]

gdflp
Super Moderator

Mood: Staring at code

[*] posted on 13-5-2016 at 09:12

This evidence is, quite frankly, damning. My suggestions are at the end of this post.

Aga has referenced this 'bet' with Bert before, in a thread in which he describes his new shed.
Is there still a water supply out there? Just by the way, what kinds of chemicals do you have there.

Edit:

Why do you say 'still' ? That would suggest pre-knowledge.

Please think up a great answer or Bert will be really annoyed that i won the bet already.

Probably be good for his back though.

[Edited on 10-5-2016 by aga]

My first thought after this was precisely this: what the fuck?
Now that I know what he is referring to...

My Suggestions

Finally, a list of those who have stood accused before Aga:

little_ghost
little_ghost_again
Arkoma
blogfast25
Eosin Y
I suspect:
a nitrogen rich explosive
EatsKewls
and therefore by extension:
holmes1880
to also have been accused by Aga of being Bloggers' sockpuppets.

He's ruined their reputation (the last three needed it to a certain extent) though he's also trying to ruin Blogfast's reputation. Which is disgusting.

I also take it as a compliment that I am accused of being Blogfast because of my maths skills! Thanks Aga!

A bit arrogant for someone who's been here 5 days to suggest banning a senior member(even though there is something going on) and demoting an Administrator. You should start actually making some contributions and get some respect by others on this board before trying to mess with people who have contributed a hell of a lot more than you have. EDIT : Apparently I'm not the only one who feels that way.

As for this aga business, I think something deeper is going on here. There was definitely something fishy about LGA based on his double personality here and on another forum, and there were quite a few instances of him flat out lying trying to gain who knows what. As for accusing blogfast, I'm frankly quite surprised considering all blogfast has done for him. I want to see aga's response to this thread before I say anything further, because aga has contributed some interesting things numerous times before and I have a hard time believing that he'd rip his own reputation apart now. Perhaps these are just drunken outbursts, and we just need to add a math problem to aga's login page.;)

[Edited on 5-13-2016 by gdflp]

Pyro
International Hazard

[*] posted on 13-5-2016 at 09:26

Quote: Originally posted by blogfast25  

4. Finally, it has to stop. aga cannot be allowed to make these unwarranted allegations against several members any more, without any repercussions.

Funny you say that as you are the one who falsely accused me of scamming you. I still haven't seen any of the ''evidence'' you had

all above information is intellectual property of Pyro. :D
blogfast25
International Hazard

[*] posted on 13-5-2016 at 09:31

Quote: Originally posted by Pyro  

Funny you say that as you are the one who falsely accused me of scamming you. I still haven't seen any of the ''evidence'' you had

Because as you well know I haven't pursued that allegation in any way, shape or form. Not here and not anywhere else either. Nor did I accuse you of being a troll or sock puppet.

If I was wrong about that, don't expect an apology: I don't apologise to racist barstools.

Eosin Y
Banned troll

[*] posted on 13-5-2016 at 09:47

@gdflp and @zts16

Yes, I do have full respect for you and the members of staff here. However, I think the syndicate between Bert and Aga is not right. Bert's job as admin is to sort out things and set people straight. I wouldn't have anything to do with this, if I hadn't been the one accused. As it happened, this was Aga's fuck up, as he mentioned the fact that he suspected me of being a sockpuppet to blogfast, who then mentioned it to me (we became friendly in the calculus thread.) Now, blogfast and I are working mostly in U2Us to sort something out.

Also, as below so above:
I don't give a shit about post count or seniority. If aga is accusing me of sockpuppeting and has done so to many others, I will respond in the most forceful possible manner.

However, I do respect the rest of the forum staff board. I think that the idea of doing emails to me and blogfast is an idea. If necessary, Polverone can have a look at the IPs.
Pyro
International Hazard

[*] posted on 13-5-2016 at 10:02

Quote: Originally posted by blogfast25  
Quote: Originally posted by Pyro  

Because as you well know I haven't pursued that allegation in any way, shape or form. Not here and not anywhere else either. Nor did I accuse you of being a troll or sock puppet.

If I was wrong about that, don't expect an apology: I don't apologise to racist barstools.

Little man...

all above information is intellectual property of Pyro. :D
Eosin Y
Banned troll

[*] posted on 13-5-2016 at 10:20

This is getting too flamey.
The original intentions were to bring up issues and bring people to justice, rather than descend into a flame war. It would be ironic if Bert locked the thread.
woelen
Super Administrator

Mood: interested

[*] posted on 13-5-2016 at 10:28

I see no reason for assuming Eosin Y being the same person as blogfast25. I inspected the IP-addresses, one of the persons uses a static IP address, the other uses dynamic IP addresses, but each time with the same provider. These are different sources, most likely unrelated.

@aga: I close this thread right now. If you really think that blogfast25 = Eosin Y, then you may send a U2U to me with a very good explanation. If I do not receive any info from you or some crap explanation, then I consider this as an accusation without any foundation and then I do not want to hear anything about this anymore.

THREAD CLOSED!

The art of wondering makes life worth living...
Want to wonder? Look at https://woelen.homescience.net
woelen
Super Administrator
Thread Closed
13-5-2016 at 10:29

Go To Top