Sciencemadness Discussion Board
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: I would like to sell some glassware, and maybe find someone to split a few orders with.
Photonic
Harmless

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 30-5-2016 at 00:20
I would like to sell some glassware, and maybe find someone to split a few orders with.

My preference would be to deal in person as shipping costs really hurt when shipping stuff like this but i'd be willing to consider shipping as a last resort. I am located in Western Washington State.

3 cases - Corning Pyrex 250ml Beakers Low Form Heavy Wall

3 cases - Corning Pyrex 250ml Beakers Low Form

4 cases - Corning Pyrex 300ml Narrow Mouth Heavy Duty Rim Erlenmeyer Flask

6x Corning Pyrex 500ml Separatory Funnel Squibb Type, PTFE Stopcock

Chemglass 100mm Powder Funnel 24/40 Joint x2

1 case of Corning Pyrex Erlenmeyer Flask Narrow Mouth 500ml 24/40 Joint

7x Kimble Chase 12mm Gas Dispersion Tube, Extra Course

3x Pyrex Vista 1000ml Round Bottom Flask 24/40 Joint

1x Kimble Chase 10ml Burette. Straight Bore, PTFE Stopcock. Class A

All of this is new in original boxes, although some might be opened for inspection. I'm not sure how to appropriately price this, and would happily trade some as well.

I also have some vacuum pumps, diffusion pumps, and various other stuff that I'm unsure of the origins of. Used of course.

I hope you guys don't mind that I just ask for offers, really. I don't want to be rude and overprice stuff, but I've been around here as a viewer long enough to know you guys tend to be fair.

Hopefully I find some locals that wouldn't mind an occasional group order. I can get stuff for pretty good deals as long as I order it in massive quantities, but then there is no way I could use more than a couple of these and there are a few things on sale right now that I'd like to split but just are too much for me to afford the entire unit right now even if it is a great deal.

[Edited on 30-5-2016 by Photonic]
Dr.Bob
International Hazard

[*] posted on 1-6-2016 at 06:08

If no one wants the entire cases of these items, I would consider buying them and then reselling them individually at cost, as they are all things that I am mostly sold out of, but that people often want and part of a larger order. I would have to pay less than what I ask for the similar items to cover shipping, but if these all fit into one larger box, the shipping cost would be less insane. But I think you could get more for them and keep shipping way less if you find a west coast buyer.

Photonic
Harmless

[*] posted on 1-6-2016 at 15:43

Quote: Originally posted by Dr.Bob  
If no one wants the entire cases of these items, I would consider buying them and then reselling them individually at cost, as they are all things that I am mostly sold out of, but that people often want and part of a larger order. I would have to pay less than what I ask for the similar items to cover shipping, but if these all fit into one larger box, the shipping cost would be less insane. But I think you could get more for them and keep shipping way less if you find a west coast buyer.

Thanks for the offer, Dr. Bob! That's very kind of you! I know you're pretty much to go-to guy for glassware around here!

I don't mind breaking up the cases one bit. I have smaller boxes to accommodate them, I just hate getting people on shipping.

If you have pricing recommendations for the Erlenmeyer or beakers I would appreciate it though! Prices are all over the place on eBay and my goal is to undercut eBay prices to be the best deal. All of my glassware is new.

As of right now I have sold all the Separatory funnels, with 4 more units coming (backordered), and all the Kimble dispersion tubes are gone, but I also have 12 more gas dispersion tubes coming this time being Corning Pyrex 39533-12EC.

I have 24x 125ml 24/40 Erlenmeyer flasks coming in as well.

I tried to update my original post today but the edit is no longer available. I misread the packaging with the buret as it is a class B part number Kimble 17026F-10.

I will try to take some photos of what I have in stock so that people can get an idea of what I have left. I've made a few local sales as well and I need to update the listing.
elementcollector1
International Hazard

Mood: Molten

[*] posted on 1-6-2016 at 15:58

Being also located in western Washington, I am interested in the 500 mL sep funnels (or, rather, just one of them), as well as possibly a case of the beakers, one of the 1000 mL RBF's, and one of the gas dispersion tubes. There are a few other chemists in western WA that I know of; maybe a group order between us is possible to cut down on shipping charges?

EDIT: For comparable glassware prices, I would check hms-beagle.com (down for maintenance at the moment), elementalscientific.net, alchemylabsupply.com, and lcmlab.com. I don't know which of those is cheapest, but they're all sellers I usually go to when I need something.

[Edited on 6-2-2016 by elementcollector1]

Elements Collected:52/87
Latest Acquired: Cl
Next in Line: Nd
Photonic
Harmless

[*] posted on 1-6-2016 at 17:42

Alright. So I took some photos of what I have left for you guys. I'm sure I'm missing some things though at this point.

So we have the 300mL Erlenmeyer Flasks 30 left I will split them up no problem! They are part number 4980-300.

I have Pyrex 1003-250 18 left. These are the heavy wall beakers. I also have them in standard. Again I will split up anything and everything.

I have a few of the 24/40 500mL Erlenmeyer flasks left. Not sure how many more of these I'm planning on selling at this point.

I have the Kimble Chase Buret Part number 17026F 10. It's a 10mL class B buret.

The separatory funnels have all sold, but this is my personal one I'm showing for what they look like. I have 4 more coming in but they are backordered first come first serve.

I have 3 cases left of the 250mL standard thickness beakers.

I have 32 40mL vials left. These are PTFE lined lids by the way!

Incoming orders not yet shown:
24x 125mL 24/40 jointed Erlenmeyer Flasks.
12x Corning Pyrex Gas Dispersion Tubes (Extra Course)

@elementcollector1: I will send you a u2u to discuss group order split.

6/2 EDIT: Updated current availability. I have sold all the 1L flasks, more than half the vials, and a half case each of some of others. ETA on the dispersion tubes and 24/40 125mL flasks is 1.5 weeks. No update on sep funnel backorder

IMG_0736.JPG - 106kB IMG_0739.jpg - 221kB IMG_0741.jpg - 113kB IMG_0742.jpg - 170kB IMG_0745.jpg - 147kB IMG_0747.jpg - 168kB IMG_0750.jpg - 176kB IMG_0751.jpg - 187kB IMG_0753.jpg - 106kB IMG_0756.jpg - 169kB IMG_0758.jpg - 145kB IMG_0761.jpg - 149kB IMG_0762.jpg - 183kB IMG_0763.jpg - 151kB IMG_0764.jpg - 135kB

[Edited on 3-6-2016 by Photonic]
Dr.Bob
International Hazard

[*] posted on 2-6-2016 at 18:54

Sounds like you are doing pretty well as clearing that out.

For the beakers, the best price I have seen is about $4 each for a new 250 ml Pyrex brand beaker, there are some places that list them for less, but charge a shipping fee per item that is crazy high, and they don't lower it for multiples.

But the key thing is that for people on the west coast, the shipping savings on these would be important, as the cost of postage has been soaring on most packages lately, especially long distances.
Photonic
Harmless

[*] posted on 4-6-2016 at 16:50

Hey Bob. I really appreciate the pricing info. So far I think it's been fair, and I have a better understanding of what to charge.

Here is my price list thus far, and I have been delivering the stuff in person:

300mL Erlenmeyer Flask - $6ea, $25/6, or $40/12
250mL Heavy Wall Beaker - $6ea, $25/6, or $40/12
250mL Beaker - $4ea, $20/6 or $35/12
Heavy Wall Beaker + Erlenmeyer - $11ea (set)
40mL PTFE lined vials - $1.50ea, $10/10 box.

So far I've managed to sell almost all the vials, half of the heavy wall beakers, and a case of the erlenmeyer flasks. At this point I'm waiting for restocks on the sep funnels, dispersion tubes, and 24/40 flasks to replace some of the stuff I sold.

I met up with Zephyr today and scored myself a SciMad badge, and traded for some KMnO4 too! We might have some collaborations and videos up sometime in the future which would be really cool!

IMG_0790.jpg - 146kB
Photonic
Harmless

[*] posted on 11-6-2016 at 16:34

I just got in the gas dispersion tubes, and the 24/40 125mL flasks! These should be relatively inexpensive to ship for anyone who is not local. I expect the dispersion tubes to be really inexpensive to ship. I can throw them in a PVC tube with padding no problem.

Cheapest I've found on ebay for the tubes is ~20+15 shipping each used or $35+$15 shipping new so how about $20ea, $35 for 2, and shipping shouldn't be more than $5 for anywhere in US. If you find anything cheaper let me know.

24/40 Erlenmeyer flasks 125mL $10each or $16 for 2.

I have 12 flasks, and 6 dispersion tubes at the moment.

IMG_0799.jpg - 111kB IMG_0802.jpg - 137kB
Photonic
Harmless

[*] posted on 25-6-2016 at 10:44

I now have 1 more 500mL Separatory funnel in stock as of yesterday. Asking $60 for it as the cheapest I found was $65-100.

I have gas dispersion tubes packaged and ready to ship in hard plastic tubes with bubble wrap to offer super cheap shipping anywhere in the US.

I also got another shipment of 125ml Flasks but they got damaged - about 6-8 or so 125mL Erlenmeyer flasks that have scratches on them due to a piece of broken glass in my last box so if anyone wants those flasks I can offer them for $5 each while I have them. You will be welcome to pick which ones you want from my remaining stock. I don't think it will effect any use of them but I don't feel right selling them as "new".

If someone wants the last 10mL Burette I'll take offers for it as I want to sell it to get in some different inventory and the odd shape box it is in is a pain.

Go To Top