Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  ..  3    5  
Author: Subject: ChemPlayer the story and the end for now
Tdep
National Hazard

Mood: PhD is done! It isn't good but it's over lol

[*] posted on 4-5-2018 at 18:10

Hello, I run (or is it 'I am' ? I suppose these days it is I am) Explpsions&Fire and Extractions&Ire. Unfortunately my views on video sharing isn't the same as Chemplayer's. As much as I wish it was, because I get in front of the camera and make my identity no secret, while also using energetics, it really requires me to keep creative control of the videos. Especially the older ones, where other people are in the videos too. These people are now trying to become actual teachers, engineers, doctors... If they say 'hey please don't have that video on the internet of me holding a lump of sodium metal' I want the ability to be able to remove that video from the internet.

If YouTube goes down, I'll find somewhere else. But while YouTube lasts, it's fine. Explosions&Fire2 was never built to last honestly. Fast and loose. It's probably to the point now where professionally, I shouldn't be posting videos of me making explosives in my garage anyway.

Chemplayer is worth saving because it's educational and interesting. Explosions&Fire is entertainment. Watch it and enjoy it while it lasts really. I have started to build a community on Reddit too r/Explosionsandfire which enables me to still have a community around the videos even if YouTube goes down and I post elsewhere, because that was the biggest loss of the old channel getting deleted.

Extractions&Ire is a little different because theres no real explosives in it (mostly). Perhaps it will stay on YouTube. I think it will, if Doug and Nile are still up. So it's not of real concern.

[Edited on 5-5-2018 by Tdep]
aga
Forum Drunkard

[*] posted on 5-5-2018 at 14:21

Everything put on the internet is 100% analysed and reported if any flags are raised.

Google is probably responding to a CIA request/order, or is simply trying to cover it's ass.

If you ever imagined this a Free World, well, that'd maybe be nice, maybe not, but it Isn't.
Never was. Never will be.

Tdep
National Hazard

[*] posted on 7-5-2018 at 03:39

Sure, its easy to think the CIA is watching everything we do. But fuck it, what impact does that have on my life? Nothing. I can't say i'm happy about it, but what are they going to do? The people who are going to ruin my future career aren't some secret three letter government agency.

When you're going for a job, the employer does not run a background check with the CIA. However, they often will google your name. In that regard, yes, the internet for me is a 'Free World', as I haven't lost creative control of any of my videos yet.

For example, I had a video on Gallium metal. It had 250,000 views. Now it is no longer on the internet and you cannot watch it. No employer is going to find that video. The same applies to my MEKP video with 50,000 views. The CIA could have a file on me a mile long but who cares, what really matters is if the people close to me see something negative of me on the internet. Chemplayer are immune to this by design.
VSEPR_VOID
National Hazard

Mood: Fullerenes

[*] posted on 7-5-2018 at 09:19

Quote: Originally posted by aga  
Everything put on the internet is 100% analysed and reported if any flags are raised.

Google is probably responding to a CIA request/order, or is simply trying to cover it's ass.

If you ever imagined this a Free World, well, that'd maybe be nice, maybe not, but it Isn't.
Never was. Never will be.

I also imagine that if they did not they would get a letter from the IRS.

Within cells interlinked
Within cells interlinked
Within cells interlinked
madcedar
Hazard to Others

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 19-5-2018 at 17:52

The guy I call the Godfather of Chemistry has had a video taken down by YouTube and here is his video response.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XD5JqdvaGDI

I hope you enjoy the video as much as I do. It sounds like he wants he wants to get one of his minions to rip the arms off of someone at YouTube.

The Godfather AKA John Black Super Chemist is the expert of the queasy cam, just a warning if you start to look at some of his other videos. He puts the word amateur back into amateur video. Enjoy.
SomeGoofball
Harmless

[*] posted on 23-5-2018 at 16:13

Quote: Originally posted by madcedar  
The guy I call the Godfather of Chemistry has had a video taken down by YouTube and here is his video response.

I hope you enjoy the video as much as I do. It sounds like he wants he wants to get one of his minions to rip the arms off of someone at YouTube.

The Godfather AKA John Black Super Chemist is the expert of the queasy cam, just a warning if you start to look at some of his other videos. He puts the word amateur back into amateur video. Enjoy.

That. Was. Awesome.
JJay
International Hazard

[*] posted on 23-5-2018 at 17:34

Quote: Originally posted by SomeGoofball  

That. Was. Awesome.

Weird. I didn't complain about his video, but while I don't recommend it unless you happen to have a lot of bleaching powder sitting around, I've successfully made chloroform a couple of times with calcium hypochlorite.

XeonTheMGPony
International Hazard

[*] posted on 24-5-2018 at 03:46

Quote: Originally posted by JJay  
Quote: Originally posted by SomeGoofball  

That. Was. Awesome.

Weird. I didn't complain about his video, but while I don't recommend it unless you happen to have a lot of bleaching powder sitting around, I've successfully made chloroform a couple of times with calcium hypochlorite.

been 100 percent successful using bleaching powder, only complaint is it takes a long time for the prep, it is my preferred method due to not dealing with crap loads of water!

Distill acetone so it is clean, use distilled water, thoroughly grind with water the powder, drip in acetone to warmed solution of powder and water, once don reflux shortly (5 minutes or so to ensure fully reacted, distill off chloroform.
chemplayer...
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 17-6-2018 at 08:36

Finally back in a location with unlimited high bandwidth connectivity, and now completed the upload of videos to BitChute. For the moment you can find the backup of our channel here:

https://www.bitchute.com/channel/chemplayer/

Video quality is not as good as YT and support for 1080p60 appears to be limited, but better than nothing for the time being. Let's see if this improves over time. We're also interested in the open-source software and private hosting option as well.

Enjoy!

Watch some vintage ChemPlayer: https://www.bitchute.com/channel/chemplayer/
stamasd
Hazard to Others

Mood: moody

[*] posted on 17-6-2018 at 17:08

Glad to hear you're well. But but... How to get notified of new video uploads on bitchute? There doesn't seem to be a way.

I moss my notifications...
Tdep
National Hazard

[*] posted on 17-6-2018 at 18:18

I've been getting an email for every single Chemplayer upload to Bitchute, so perhaps you have to make an account and follow them to get email notifications?
Not that i'm complaining, but never have I appreciated how extensive Chemplayer's catalogue as much as I have when I get an email for each upload.
mackolol
Hazard to Others

Mood: Funky

[*] posted on 18-6-2018 at 00:40

Does anybody have Chemplayer video on making benzyl chloride? I would really appreciate this if someone can share it.

[Edited on 18-6-2018 by mackolol]
hexahydrate
Harmless

[*] posted on 18-6-2018 at 01:14

Quote: Originally posted by mackolol  
Does anybody have Chemplayer video on making benzyl chloride?
[Edited on 18-6-2018 by mackolol]

https://www.bitchute.com/video/GY3PQvf8tdRj
As chemplayer wrote a few posts above, all videos are on Bit Chute.
mackolol
Hazard to Others

Mood: Funky

[*] posted on 18-6-2018 at 01:55

Oh thanks i couldn't find this
KesterDraconis
Hazard to Self

[*] posted on 23-6-2018 at 09:34

I know this is a long time after the OP was made, but I'd just like to say that it was ChemPlayer's video that allowed me to make hydrazine on the first go around without any accident or failure years ago. My yield was not great, but it did work and I was quite proud of it. Thank you ChemPlayer, you guys were awesome!
MJ101
Hazard to Self

Mood: Always Sunny

[*] posted on 23-6-2018 at 15:32

Quote: Originally posted by KesterDraconis  
Thank you ChemPlayer, you guys were awesome!

Ditto! :)
JJay
International Hazard

[*] posted on 24-6-2018 at 06:21

Chem Player has some new videos posted on Bitchute, one on oxidation of benzyl alcohol with hydrogen peroxide and one on extracting benzoyl peroxide from OTC medication.

MJ101
Hazard to Self

Mood: Always Sunny

[*] posted on 24-6-2018 at 12:55

@JJay: I saw the benzoyl peroxide video. IIRC the yield wasn't that good because the starting substance was old.

Really cool anyway. :)

Is it me? or does anybody else wonder how the insects you occasionally see in ChemPlayers' videos manage to survive?

They have -GOT- to be some tough critters. :D

[Edited on 24-6-2018 by MJ101]
JJay
International Hazard

[*] posted on 24-6-2018 at 13:55

I wonder how pure the product was... I have seen rather large bottles of 10% benzoyl peroxide wash on sale at the dollar store... might be a trickier extraction....

[Edited on 24-6-2018 by JJay]

flakten
Harmless

[*] posted on 17-7-2018 at 18:33
Archive?

When Youtube deleted the ChemPlayer account, the videos were removed. I had saved many of them, unfortunately the videos were saves in 480p instead of the original resolution.

The BitChute doesn't seem to contain all the videos. Though I'm grateful for them and I'm now downloading all of them just in case.

Is there an archive out there with the videos removed from youtube?

[Edited on 18-7-2018 by flakten]
chemplayer...
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 20-7-2018 at 05:30

Which ones are you missing specifically? There were a couple of 'failed reaction' ones which we didn't post up, and a couple of really old ones (e.g. the first iodine one we did) but that's all that is missing from bitchute as of this point. Hoping that the possible quality will get better as investment goes into the site (it's a function of bandwidth and server power = $$$).

morganbw
National Hazard

[*] posted on 21-7-2018 at 08:30

Quote: Originally posted by chemplayer...  
Which ones are you missing specifically? There were a couple of 'failed reaction' ones which we didn't post up, and a couple of really old ones (e.g. the first iodine one we did) but that's all that is missing from bitchute as of this point. Hoping that the possible quality will get better as investment goes into the site (it's a function of bandwidth and server power = $$$).

This may be off subject but I heard you mention one attempted reaction which I could not find.
It was a demethylation using AlCl3, I am curious about the reagents used amounts and process conditions.
chemplayer...
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 23-7-2018 at 06:54

That reaction was on one of the 'failed reaction' videos! We think that there may be an issue with using home-made AlCl3 in that it contains a degree of zinc impurities (made from ZnCl2 and aluminium powder). Zinc seems to have a complexing ability with vanillin which we've observed in other reactions, and it is possible that this stops the demethylation. Pyridine hydrochloride seemed most promising, but challenge is getting the salt dry (it's insanely hygroscopic).

Loptr
International Hazard

Mood: Grateful

[*] posted on 23-7-2018 at 07:17

Quote: Originally posted by chemplayer...  
That reaction was on one of the 'failed reaction' videos! We think that there may be an issue with using home-made AlCl3 in that it contains a degree of zinc impurities (made from ZnCl2 and aluminium powder). Zinc seems to have a complexing ability with vanillin which we've observed in other reactions, and it is possible that this stops the demethylation. Pyridine hydrochloride seemed most promising, but challenge is getting the salt dry (it's insanely hygroscopic).

Have you tried to purify the AlCl3 via sublimation?

It might not be that easy now that I think about it because it will pick up moisture from the air, unless you have a sublimation apparatus where you can also keep a vacuum.

"Question everything generally thought to be obvious." - Dieter Rams
Casper
Harmless

[*] posted on 7-11-2018 at 06:53

Chemplayer your name recognition alone should tell you how mainstream you've become. Education and instruction is the enemy of Ignorance. Video tutorials just can't be beat in regards to explanation of clandestine chemistry.
 Pages:  1  ..  3    5  

Go To Top