Arg0nAddict
Hazard to Self

Mood: Mercuric

[*] posted on 30-7-2016 at 17:01

Quote: Originally posted by energeticone  
HNO3 70%/ DEG and more
http://kyantec.com/cgi-bin/online/storepro.php

To save you time the nitric acid is on page 6. The biggest amount is 2.2L
I cant find shipping anywhere but for comparison my local supply has just as crappy of a webpage.

1. Nitric Acid 68-70% Reagent 2.2 L
SubTotal: $ 49.50 USD

<hr>

This is what my local place says that makes me worry about this new site. (yeah I see some contradictory statements. But Ive used them since 2011)

Quote:

HNO3
CAS#: 7697-37-2
FW: 63.01
DOT: Nitric acid, 8, UN2031, PG II (Additional UPS-imposed hazardous material charge).
Largest individual container shippable via UPS Ground: 1L

Nitric Acid,HNO3, 70% solution, ACS, 2.5 L Nitric Acid, 70% Solution, ACS, 2.5 L - Hazard tag is applied when shipping. Please note an additional $25 hazardous materials and handling charge is added per package for Ground shipping. UPS AIR SERVICE IS NOT AVAILABLE FOR THIS PRODUCT. Price: $54.00 @ Will Call

YouTube Channel: ChemCamTV
SupaVillain
Hazard to Others

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 8-8-2016 at 18:04

Thanks for posting, I'm instate. It would be a long drive though but some things aren't easy to find.

Oh.
Melgar
Anti-Spam Agent

Mood: Estrified

[*] posted on 14-8-2016 at 17:15

Why is acetonitrile always so expensive? Looking at bulk prices (ie, per ton), the end cost doesn't seem to warrant it.
Dr.Bob
International Hazard

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 14-8-2016 at 19:11

Acetonitrile used to be made as a byproduct of other syntheses routes, so it was an excess by product, now better routes have made it a small by product, so supply is now smaller than demand, so most companies sell more than that have, large buyers have long term contracts, others have to buy and repackage, those people get higher prices now. But ALL chemicals are much cheaper in bulk, as much of the costs of buying and selling chemicals in the US is regulatory and overhead costs, rather than material costs. Many chemicals can be bought cheap in large quantities, but just transferring them to smaller containers can be very pricey as well as require lots of OSHA, EPA, DOT, etc licenses and paperwork. Plus many of the prices you see don't include shipping and handling fees, hazmat fees, etc. Often the cost of getting a chemical shipped or the container usage costs (55 gal drums, railcars, gas cylinders, etc) are higher than the chemical costs. Those are often left out of quotes or ads.

Go To Top