Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: HNMR Services for Hire
Steam
Hazard to Others

Mood: Triple Point

[*] posted on 2-8-2016 at 19:02
HNMR Services for Hire

Hello, after my recent inquire there seems to be a decent amount of people interested in getting HNMR spectrums for their samples. My goal is to bring a very cheap NMR service to those home experimentalists out there.
I am currently going to offer two different services: a basic HNMR analysis with no standard and cheaper solvents, and a more detailed analysis with very high-quality solvents with a standard.
Basic service- $30 per sample
Solvents available: Chloroform and DMSO.
Quick turnaround: less than 2 business days.
Will give analysis if enough initial information about the compound is given.
Advanced service- $65 per sample
Solvents available: Acetic acid, acetone, acetonitrile, benzene and water
These solvents all have a standard in them and all have high isotope purity. Will give analysis if enough initial information about the compound is given.

Other solvents can be requested if needed.
FT-IR spectrums can be done as well for an additional $5.00
Please U2U me if interested or need more information.

DISCLAIMER: The information in this post is provided for general informational purposes only and may not reflect the current law in your jurisdiction. No information contained in this post should be construed as legal advice from the individual author, nor is it intended to be a substitute for legal counsel on any subject matter. No reader of this post should act or refrain from acting on the basis of any information included in, or accessible through, this post without seeking the appropriate legal or other professional advice on the particular facts and circumstances at issue from a lawyer licensed in the recipient’s state, country or other appropriate licensing jurisdiction.
Hegi
Hazard to Others

Mood: No idea.

[*] posted on 3-8-2016 at 07:14

Seems to me like a great idea! May I know what equipment is used for measurements. Especially frequencies for NMR (300/600 Mhz?) and range for IR spectra (400-4000cm-1?). Price is very reasonable. :)

Our webpage has been shut down forever cause nobody was willing to contribute. Shame on you all!!!
Steam
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 3-8-2016 at 11:27

Yes! The NMR is a Brucker 300 MHz.The IR is a thermo and it records from a wave number of 700 to 4000 cm-1.

DISCLAIMER: The information in this post is provided for general informational purposes only and may not reflect the current law in your jurisdiction. No information contained in this post should be construed as legal advice from the individual author, nor is it intended to be a substitute for legal counsel on any subject matter. No reader of this post should act or refrain from acting on the basis of any information included in, or accessible through, this post without seeking the appropriate legal or other professional advice on the particular facts and circumstances at issue from a lawyer licensed in the recipient’s state, country or other appropriate licensing jurisdiction.
oldtimer
Harmless

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 11-1-2017 at 20:14

I don't understand why you opened two threads on the same topic, but as this is the newer one...

Commercial NMR services seem to charge around $50 per Sample 1H-NMR. These are either "real" commercial outfits, like these:

http://www.nmra-c.com/products/default.html
http://www.numegalabs.com/Prices_new.htm

or universities trying to make some money with overcapacities. The best offer of the latter type I have found is this:

http://www.chem.utoronto.ca/facilities/nmr/external_201403.h...

Anyway, the idea of offering an NMR service to amateur chemists is a good one. NMR is the one analytical method that is completely out of reach for the hobbyist. Prices, however, should be significantly below the commercial offers. "Service level", especially turnaround time, may of course also be different from the commercial providers. Solvents should always be with standard.

NitratedKittens
Hazard to Others

Mood: Carbonated

[*] posted on 12-1-2017 at 11:59

How far away can you provide this service.

Basket of kittens for you ........BOOM
Steam
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 26-1-2017 at 19:03

Depending on what you mean by 'far away' , I am located in western Montana USA. I have been providing this service since the creation of this thread (Hence why a new thread was opened :)).

mnick12
Hazard to Others

Mood: devious

[*] posted on 26-1-2017 at 22:03

Hey Steam,

This is great! I have access to NMR right now, but it won't always be that way! It is good to know this is being made available. Do you do 13CNMR as well?
Steam
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 26-1-2017 at 22:37

Not at the moment. Machine is kind of wonkey- sometimes it will give a good C13 spectrum sometimes it wont- depends on the day.

Go To Top