Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Canada explosive act and Licencing
XeonTheMGPony
International Hazard

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 22-8-2016 at 09:54
Canada explosive act and Licencing

I been looking to start a small shop for doing blast forming of custom metal parts for people and for my self.

So I was looking into licensing and such, has any one ever gon through this process and what was required?

Seems like I meet most of the code requirements all ready.

I have a solid process stream planned and such, and quantities of material that will be made and stored.

I have downloaded the pdf of the act to read through a few more times befor I email them with my questions.

Attachment: Explosive act SOR-2013-211.pdf (2.1MB)
This file has been downloaded 477 times

Arg0nAddict
Hazard to Self

Mood: Mercuric

[*] posted on 22-8-2016 at 23:38

I'm in the USA but I am also a metal artist and I've made art theoretically by using energetic materials. I'm the USA they say blasting is a last ditch effort that's avoided if it can be avoided and will not give a license. You need a better reason and then you can have your permit and do you your art. I don't know if you've actually done it but the first one was not meant to be art only after did I realize what had become of it. Small primary charge on tin is beautiful. And every one is different to a certain extant.

YouTube Channel: ChemCamTV
XeonTheMGPony
International Hazard

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 24-8-2016 at 18:12

well this is custom fabrication of binary metal components, so not really for art, and it is don under water so noise and possible flying debris is well contained, I'd be high lighting these points in the application. Well and single metal components, faster then other methods of fabrications.

I had rudimentary shapes but I want to refine it and get better.

but that is a good point to ponder.

[Edited on 25-8-2016 by XeonTheMGPony]

Go To Top