Sciencemadness Discussion Board
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: experiences with custom synthesis labs?
SersMeurs
Harmless

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 26-8-2016 at 22:00
experiences with custom synthesis labs?

I think this is the most appropriate forum for it, sorry if I'm mistaken.

I have been shopping around for a laboratory that would synthetize something called HNK. Despite it long having a CAS entry and all (81395-70-2), barely any of them even considered doing the job.

So I figured I would ask in a place where chemists gather, since you're more likely to have used the synthetizing services of a laboratory. Please share anything you know about them.

Thanks.
Texium
Administrator

Mood: PhD candidate!

[*] posted on 27-8-2016 at 06:33

I think the fact that it's closely related to an illegal drug would tend to turn them off. Seriously, what would you expect?

Come check out the Official Sciencemadness Wiki
They're not really active right now, but here's my YouTube channel and my blog.
Maker
Harmless

[*] posted on 27-8-2016 at 08:32

Dare we ask why you want it?:P
XeonTheMGPony
International Hazard

[*] posted on 27-8-2016 at 10:03

just using google and cas number found 3 lists of suppliers!

So good question what project do you need this precursor for, as sure if it is a legit thing the forum members can probably offer you a different route to achieve the goal!
NEMO-Chemistry
International Hazard

[*] posted on 27-8-2016 at 10:27

Maybe he is depressed? Apparently an effective antidepressant for mice, not too sure how you know the mouse depressed in the first place though.
Dr.Bob
International Hazard

[*] posted on 27-8-2016 at 13:53

It was recently published as the active metabolite of ketamine, which appears to be the source of its anti-depressive activity. There was a short article in CEN. I am sure that lots of people are now trying to buy it, not trivial to make, but certainly doable. The routes cited in the article are not ideal, but someone will likely find a better way to make it eventually. But if you have a legitimate research interest, you should be able to buy it from one of the companies scrambling to source it to academics. Might even be available through the NIH.
SersMeurs
Harmless

[*] posted on 4-10-2016 at 19:32

Sorry for taking so long to answer, it's been a hectic few months now, too many projects.
Quote: Originally posted by Maker  
Dare we ask why you want it?:P

Quote: Originally posted by XeonTheMGPony  
just using google and cas number found 3 lists of suppliers!

So good question what project do you need this precursor for, as sure if it is a legit thing the forum members can probably offer you a different route to achieve the goal!

Like others have said, it seems to be the source of ketamine's antidepressant effect, without being an actual, psychotropic drug. I'm in a group that will hopefully do a group-buy of it.

I've compiled a big list of dozens of supposed suppliers from various directories, but only a few had it available, and they only would sell to businesses and research centers, and at a hefty price. So I've been looking into custom synthesis labs, and it's already turning out better results, found a couple of ready and willing labs.

Still, it pays off to research as much as possible before buying. But tthere isn't a decent way to search for custom synthesis labs the same way there is for a specific substance, so I'd like to see if SM would know more such labs.

Thanks.
zed
International Hazard

Mood: Semi-repentant Sith Lord

[*] posted on 8-10-2016 at 16:12

Seems to me there is another thread here on this topic. Also, I recollect, it isn't an easy synthesis.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hydroxynorketamine

http://www.sciencemadness.org/talk/viewthread.php?tid=66175#...

Since it is a metabolite, perhaps you can find an organism, or a micro-organism to do yer work for you.

Looks like a worthy project. Best wishes.

[Edited on 9-10-2016 by zed]

Go To Top