Sciencemadness Discussion Board
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: rungoodlabs.com legit or no?
Mesa
Hazard to Others

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 29-9-2016 at 21:51
rungoodlabs.com legit or no?

Recently came across this Australian supplier. Their stock has no suspicious/controlled items however when I ran a whois search on the domain I found some interesting stuff.

The name registered to the site is "PERFECT PRIVACY LLC" and it's address is based in Florida. Also, the email address registered to the domain is an "@domaindiscreet.com" email.

Perfect Privacy LLC is a company that specifically aims to hide registrants information from whois lookups, and the only info I can find on domaindiscreet.com was this:
http://www.aboutus.com/domaindiscreet.com

Is it possible there is a legitimate reason for the site using these details?
Arg0nAddict
Hazard to Self

Mood: Mercuric

[*] posted on 29-9-2016 at 22:36

I used to pay the extra $10 to make my websites private but never with a sketchy name like that, but it doesn't work all that well.

Probably means they are selling research chems as that technique is commonplace with those people.

YouTube Channel: ChemCamTV
j_sum1
Administrator

Mood: Organised

[*] posted on 29-9-2016 at 22:42

I would not touch it. Something smells funny here. At the very least they are a bit unprofessional. There is little identifying information on the company. The range of stock looks pretty much like they have just started up. The website is little more than a half-filled out template. The use of domaindiscreet can only be to hide their identity further. But they do not hide customers' information: this link is just weird.

If you are attracted to the price of something then forget the website and go straight for the email, sales@rungoodlabs.com, so you can get straight answers to your questions.

[edit]

The link they give to their ebay reviews goes to a nonexistent user.

[Edited on 30-9-2016 by j_sum1]

Tdep
National Hazard

Mood: PhD is done! It isn't good but it's over lol

[*] posted on 29-9-2016 at 23:20

These guys are legit, I bought sodium benzoate and potassium permanganate from them early this year. They did free shipping, which made the overall cost of the package rather cheap. I have emailed them about other chemicals too and they have gotten back to me quite fast with good responses.

I can also add that they used to be called 'Kenicals', and have been around for, perhaps 2 years or so? The name change happened... this year I think? I don't know why the shifty domain. But i'm prepared to give them the benefit of the doubt to say that they're probably shit at designing and making websites (although they've had time to improve so it's hardly an excuse). I agree it looks unprofessional but it is legit

Oh yeah they sponsored this Western Australian youtuber with some chemicals a while back, but now that link just leads to a chinese spam site? This is their ebay site and you can see the logo is the same. It's strange? Maybe they got bought out?

[Edited on 30-9-2016 by Tdep]
NedsHead
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 29-9-2016 at 23:41

I've also bought stuff from Kenicals ebay site in the past, items were professionally packed and arrived quickly
ahill
Hazard to Self

Mood: triumphant

[*] posted on 2-10-2016 at 00:02

Yep - used them several times - both as rungood and kenicals. Yes superficially they seem do kind of amaturish - but my experience is the service and products have been impeccable, and at the right price.
j_sum1
Administrator

[*] posted on 2-10-2016 at 02:27

Well, I am glad to be wrong on this one.

Panache
International Hazard

Mood: Instead of being my deliverance, she had a resemblance to a Kat named Frankenstein

[*] posted on 5-10-2016 at 09:54
All is fine in the world

They are great, if you're Australian based you should give them a try.
They are discontinuing dichromate shortly I believe, if you opt to pick up the items you ordered, she (I forget her name, she's polish, quite young and very helpful) meets you in the bottle shop located in the foyer of her docklands (a melbourne suburb) apartment. I have emailed them mid morning and picked up stuff just after lunch.

rungoodlabs
Harmless

[*] posted on 11-10-2016 at 18:46
Rungood Labs Here...

Hi All,

Since sciencemadness is generating a lot of views on our site, we thought we might reply to your questions directly:

Yes we are a legitimate store based in AU that has had a name change as of this year. We were trading under the name Kenicals but had to change the name for legal reasons. Our old Ebay store also had the name Kenicals (or a derivative).

We only take PayPal so there is no risk to you. If you don't get your item, you just ask PayPal to step in and send you your money back. Check their protection policy.

Yes this is a fairly new store, approximately 1.5 years old.

If you have website suggestions, please let us know. We try to limit overheads and not pay some web designer 10K for a buggy website, instead we just go through Weebly. That means that we don't have to mark up our products to cover these absurd costs. The website is fully functional: 1. Put stuff in your cart, 2. Pay for it. Done. If you are after specific details, feel free to contact us directly or via the webform: sales@rungoodlabs.com

The hosting company (Weebly) gives an option to use "PERFECT PRIVACY LLC" instead of having private details on display when someone searches whois.net - this is a masking service. Yes we have paid for this.

The Custom Orders' link is for non-standard items that we order in for clients. Its just payment for a pre-agreed/quoted order.

Yes we did sponsor a youtuber "Toothpick" a while back, he has moved onto a new youtube account since then. If you'd like the details, they are available somewhere on one of his videos.

All our Ebay feedback is available in our main store:

http://stores.ebay.com.au/Rungood-Labs
http://feedback.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&a...

Hope this answers all your questions. This account's email address has been made visible so that you can confirm this is in fact us.

[Edited on 12-10-2016 by rungoodlabs]

[Edited on 12-10-2016 by rungoodlabs]
Tdep
National Hazard

Mood: PhD is done! It isn't good but it's over lol

[*] posted on 11-10-2016 at 20:58

Ah great to see you on here and helping clear up the questions. An aussie hobby chem supply store is wonderful, I hope you guys stick around. Excited about the mineral acids you say you will be supplying in future here.

If you have updates, feel free to make a post or a thread here on SciMad, theres quite a few of us aussies hanging around and some of us do occassionally have enough money to buy chemicals with.
j_sum1
Administrator

[*] posted on 12-10-2016 at 00:04

Well, this is excellent news. Sorry for casting doubt on your operations.

I can see that I am going to have to count my pennies and peruse your stock and make an order. Always good to support someone local. And I am in want of some acetic acid.

Why don't you go to the link in my sig and post yourself some free advertising.

J.

JJWW
Harmless

[*] posted on 9-11-2016 at 11:42

I am a customer of this company and you will not meet nicer person to deal with ever .nothing is ever a problem and she will do her very best to make sure u get what ur after .
NedsHead
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 20-4-2017 at 20:59

Anybody know what's going on with rungood labs? the website is dead but it appears they're still trading on eBay, I sent them a message through Ebay a while back inquiring about some Nickel(II) sulfate but never got a response
Elemental Phosphorus
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 26-4-2017 at 04:55

Sorry (I didn't want to start a new thread) but is onyxmet.com legit?
j_sum1
Administrator

[*] posted on 26-4-2017 at 05:05

Yup. And they are great!
Amazing range of products including some hard-to-gets.
Tom and Anna give excellent service and will work with you to keep costs down (in my case arranging it so I avoided currency exchange fees.)
Packaged well and reasonable shipping.
And, I believe that they have worked with a few SM members in the past to synthesise some of their stock.
draculic acid69
International Hazard

[*] posted on 9-9-2018 at 08:23

Bought some NaBr or some amino acids from rungoodlabs .good price good product quick delivery.

Go To Top