Sciencemadness Discussion Board
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: SEOH - Lets do a survey (direct vs 3rd-party)
Intergalactic_Captain
Hazard to Others

Mood: frabjous

wink.gif posted on 13-10-2016 at 09:43
SEOH - Lets do a survey (direct vs 3rd-party)

Simply put, I understand that SEOH is generally recognized here as a reputable supplier of labware in the US - On the flipside, they do business through amazon and ebay under their own name.

You will find below the email conversation that occurred over the last week that has influenced me towards them - this seems to be a company that genuinely wants to give a shit about themselves.

So, knowing that several of you are SEOH customers, I'd like to do an informal survey, for the purpose of informing both SEOH and their future customers as to the current state of affairs. Not pointing fingers, to the contrary - read the conversation and you'll understand why I'm curious to hear from their amazon customers.

QUESTIONS
1 - Did you order from SEOH directly, Amazon, or eBay?
2 - Did you receive the exact item/s ordered?
3 - Would you consider the packaging of said items sufficient to prevent reasonably acceptable damage-in-transit conditions?

. . . mods, please anonymize if I missed anything personal. . .

The two flasks were sent back this morning, with a small amount of paper padding added - I would personally prefer some type of foam or more rigid filler, but keeping the original state returnable took prevalence in this case. Enclosed is a picture of the package as received.

Thank you again for your aid in resolving this matter, I look forward to receiving my flasks and doing business with you in the future.

--- Original message ---

Order ID 5
2 of SEOH Flask Boiling RB Heavy Duty 500ml 24/40 joint [ASIN: B0018RR7OG]
1 of SEOH Flask Boiling RB Heavy Duty 1000ml 24/40 joint [ASIN: B0018RUAYU]

------------- Begin message -------------

Hello 6,
Thank you for your kind words! Your notification made it so that we can prevent future errors shipping from the Amazon warehouse, so that is truly very appreciated.

Your new FedEx tracking number is 4.

I have attached the return label. If you are able to add a little padding to the package, that would be wonderful! It is my understanding that what you received from the Amazon warehouse is not common practice, however I am not certain what is common practice through Amazon compared to how we ship.

SEOH

--- Original message ---

Order ID 5

Thank you again for the rapid response;

The fact that amazon's inventory was mislabeled is the reason that I contacted you before beginning the return process - There is little point in reordering only to receive the wrong item again. Mistakes happen, and in years of dealing with online businesses it is perfectly understandable - what is rare is finding a retailer willing to investigate said mistakes.

The two mislabeled flasks will be mailed back ASAP after I receive the label, tomorrow if possible. One is partially unwrapped, the other completely untouched - After opening the first, I felt the bottom of the second to determine that it was also flat and left it unopened as evidence should you wish to investigate further.

I do have one question though - Would you prefer the package returned in original condition, or with additional internal packing? A double-layer of small bubble-wrap and an airbag is what I would be considered beyond minimal for glassware, but if it's a standard that I'm not aware of I suppose it did indeed work.

-Thank you,

--- Original message ---

Order ID 5

Thank you 6. I do see that your order was fulfilled directly by Amazon. Typically, they would prefer to resolve their customer concerns through their department, however in this case I am going to go ahead and ship you new flasks and in just a little bit I will send you a return label for the incorrect flasks. I really appreciate you letting me know that our stock was mislabeled at Amazon's warehouse. I will follow up in a little bit with that return label and the tracking number for the correct flasks.

SEOH

--- Original message ---

Order ID 5

I am assuming that my last message was lost due to being sent from my personal email rather than through amazon, so again;

Thank you for the quick reply;

Amazon order #5

I am also attaching two pictures, as the my copy of the original message didn't include them and I am unsure if you missed them too. Of further note, the 1000mL RBF arrived as listed, while the two 500mL RBF's were indeed mislabeled FBF's.

--- Original message ---

Hello,
I am very sorry to hear of the error made on your order. When you have a moment, if you could please send your order number, I would be happy to look further into this for you.

SEOH

--- Original message ---

I recently ordered 2x "SEOH Flask Boiling RB Heavy Duty 500ml 24/40 joint", and instead recieved 2x of the Flat-Bottom version. I would like to exchange them for Round-Bottom, however, according to the inventory labels on said flasks, I find it necessary to inform you that it is likely that your items are mislabeled before I attempt to reorder. Please see attached images.

If you see me running, try to keep up.

Go To Top