Printable Version  
Author: Subject: FS Schlenk manifold, 24/40 glassware, 45/50 cold trap
tommy claisen
Harmless

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 5-11-2016 at 08:19
FS Schlenk manifold, 24/40 glassware, 45/50 cold trap

I've got a bunch of glassware for sale!

You could either buy from me directly, or I could post it up for you on eBay so you have their buyer protection. Either way, if anything is somehow damaged during shipping, I will absolutely refund your payment. Prices listed here include shipping to US.

Please don't hesitate to:
- make me an offer
- ask for details/measurements

Inventory:

- 4 port Schlenk manifold for vacuum and inert gas of your choice. Two of the ball joint to tubing connectors, and clamps, are brand new. Could use a cleaning, but overall in great shape. The only issue is that one of the stopcock's threaded piece is broken off- if you didn't want to buy a new one, you could get away with using a hairtie or some other elastic to hold it in. For shipping I'll disassemble it and pack all the pieces VERY carefully. $175

- New Chemglass bubbler- would pair great with the above manifold to make sure you have positive inert gas pressure. $25

- 45/50 cold trap, used once $50

- A bunch of 24/40 stuff. Let me know what you're interested in and make me an offer! The more you buy, the better deal I am willing to give.
Most of this stuff has been used once or twice. Some pieces are brand new. No chips or cracks on any of the pieces.

Liebig condenser
Glass stopper
Thermometer head adapter w/ o-ring
Vacuum receiver (angled)
Claisen adapter
100mL 3-neck flask

400mm coil condenser
~175mm straight tube
250mm Vigreux
Vacuum receiver (angled)
250mL 3-neck flask

Coil condenser (my favorite piece of glassware, sad to see it go)
500mm Vigreux column
45/50 to 24/40 adapter
Thermometer well
Straight vacuum receiver
Glass stopper
Thermometer adapter with o-ring
3-neck 500mL flat bottom flask
1-neck 500mL round bottom flask
Drying tube
Claisen adapter

Thanks for looking!
RoryW
Harmless

[*] posted on 29-7-2018 at 12:20

Any chance you're still selling the schlenk line?
Yamato71
Hazard to Self

Mood: Resigned

[*] posted on 18-8-2018 at 07:47

No problem with the missing nut on the Schlenk manifold. The manufacturer obviously anticipated this issue and mounted three spares within easy reach. Just use one of those. Sheesh!

OK, seriously, I had the same problem with a two port manifold that used PTFE stopcock tapers. One of those snapped off through the threaded post when someone tried to force a sticky stopcock to submit to his will. Using my lathe, I trimmed the post down until it was flush with the shoulder of the small end of the glass collar. I then drilled and tapped a ½" deep 10-32 hole into the center of the trimmed taper, then attached a wide flat nylon washer to the new tapped hole with a ½" 10-32 nylon machine screw. I slowly tightened the nylon screw until the washer just snugged up to the glass bushing with zero binding and zero horizontal play. That valve was as smooth as a baby's butt from then on.

I realize that the original post was more than 2 years ago, but is the 45/50 to 24/40 adapter still available?

[Edited on 18-8-2018 by Yamato71]

Go To Top