Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Looking for a buchi vapor duct 29/32
Hazza001
Harmless

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 13-1-2017 at 09:51
Looking for a buchi vapor duct 29/32

Hi all,
I recently aquired a Buchi Rotovapor-R however the seller failed to mention the vapor duct was broken and also there were no vacuum seals the rest of the glassware is intact and I'm good condition apart from some of the joints being stuck together when I got it.

I have searched google for places that sell vapor ducts however they only sell to scientific establishments I also looked on the buchi website and they have a minimum order of £150.
So I'm looking for a new vapor duct or some way to fix it or fabricate something out of PTFE.
I have found a couple of places that sell the kd-22 seals which I believe are the right ones failing that I could fabricate something out of suitable gasket material and PFTE.

Looking for help and advice really have attached picture of broken vapor duct (it also has an adaptor fused/glued into it)

Thanks

H

20170113_174902-1.jpg - 992kB
Dr.Bob
International Hazard

[*] posted on 13-1-2017 at 11:32

Not sure where you are located, looks like Europe, but I have 29/42 steam ducts available, as well as KD-22 seals, just send me a u2u for more info. That is just the longer version of the joint, but will work fine with 29/32 jointed glassware. Have lots of other parts, condensers, receivers, clamps, etc, should you need them.
stoichiometric_steve
National Hazard

Mood: satyric

[*] posted on 14-1-2017 at 03:50

U2U sent
hazza002
Harmless

[*] posted on 14-1-2017 at 14:18

Apologies guys I managed to loose my password and on trying to reset it realised that no emails were coming through to my provider did a forum search and this is a common problem?

I have set up temporary account (this one) and hopefully when I can get back into my other account I can reply

Thank you for your patience

H
oldtimer
Harmless

[*] posted on 15-1-2017 at 13:37

A few lab suppliers in Germany have them

http://behr-labor.de
http://www.koehlerchemie.com/suche/Dampfdurchführungsrohr
http://www.reiss-laborbedarf.de?seite=shop&shop_untersei...
http://www.welabo.de/732931856/1/AS/Suchen.html?m_suche=&...

I never bought from any of them, so I don't know if any of them sells to private persons. Usually, chemicals are an absolute no-no, but with stuff like this, things may be different, especially, if it goes out of the country. From Köhler I know that - at least a few years ago - he used to sell to individuals.
I have a similar problem, I need a Büchi vacuum seal. This seems to be a major reason why the things appear on ebay...

If you don't get hold of the steam tube, let me know. I will be in Germany from mid february, and try to buy the gasket. I will buy it on the name of my argentine company and tell them to ship it to my sister's address in Germany, complaining how hard these things are to get here. If that works, thay will certainly be happy to also sell the vapor tube.

hope that helps...

Dr.Bob
International Hazard

[*] posted on 15-1-2017 at 19:19

I have some KD-22 seals, if Steve has them, he might be cheaper shipping if in Europe, but if someone wanted a few, the postage would not be quite so bad.

Go To Top