Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 18-12-2006 at 14:04
triethylenamine

How can I synthesise triethylenamine
Sandmeyer
National Hazard

Mood: abbastanza bene

[*] posted on 18-12-2006 at 14:29

Is it only me that is getting sick and tired of unscrupulous thread-starters who only have to say: "How do I make this?", especially if that is their first post and if it shows that they have done 0 research on the matter.
Blind Angel
National Hazard

Mood: Meh!

[*] posted on 18-12-2006 at 15:25

well there seem to be a rush of those lately, and I'm not sure anymore that they are Hive remains. Is Synthetikal down?

/}/_//|//) /-\\/|//¬/=/_
My PGP Key Fingerprint: D4EA A609 55E4 7ADD 8529 359D D6E2 33F6 4C76 78ED
Nicodem
Super Moderator

[*] posted on 19-12-2006 at 00:52

Actually, it appears most of these arrogant requests are done by some chemists or engineers that expect this forum to be a free service for reference searches. They are obviously just attempts to get others do the work they are paid for. This is supposed to be a forum about amateur science and not profit science, so just ignore them. After all most of the 1-post members don't even care to elaborate what compound they are talking about or they tend to never even reply in the thread. They just throw the bait and wait for what catches. For example, what the hell is "triethylenamine"? The "ethylene" group is –CH2CH2-, so triethyleneamine would perhaps be the H2N–CH2CH2–NH–CH2CH2–NH–CH2CH2–NH2 oligomer. But how can anybody be sure when one can find this name as the misspelled name for triethylamine even in some crappy scientific literature? So I can only conclude that these people are some shitty chemists that fear to ask colleagues for advice for fear of showing their ignorance publicly.

…there is a human touch of the cultist “believer” in every theorist that he must struggle against as being unworthy of the scientist. Some of the greatest men of science have publicly repudiated a theory which earlier they hotly defended. In this lies their scientific temper, not in the scientific defense of the theory. - Weston La Barre (Ghost Dance, 1972)

Read the The ScienceMadness Guidelines!
haribo
Harmless

[*] posted on 19-12-2006 at 04:49

Quote:
Originally posted by Aqua-regia
How can I synthesise triethylenamine

I would BUY it. Don't damned well ask what its used for. Its a very common commercial chemical and you can, with just a little ingenuity, set up an account with a chem-supply house or two.
unionised
International Hazard

[*] posted on 19-12-2006 at 06:53

As has been pointed out, it's not a well defined chemical so buying it might be tricky.

Go To Top