Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Looking for technical documents Büchi Rotavapor R
Lambda-Eyde
National Hazard

Mood: Cleaved

[*] posted on 27-2-2017 at 02:38
Looking for technical documents Büchi Rotavapor R

Hello,

I'm in need of a service manual or something of the sorts for the Büchi Rotavapor R. More to the point I need an exploded drawing showing the internal construction of the rotary unit. As some of you might have foreseen already, searching specifically for info related to "Rotavapor R" is almost impossible thanks to all following models being named R 110, R 300 and so on.
If anyone here have first hand experience in taking one of these apart that would also be of great help.

I tried contacting Büchi, which was, not unexpectedly, about as helpful as running into a brick wall with a hardon first. The first answer was really helpful and I was provided with two sets of operating instructions for models R/RE/RL and asked for my contact and company details which I promptly provided. Today I got the answer telling me she was "not allowed to" send me exploded drawings or electrical diagrams (for a piece with exactly three electrical components not counting the mains plug) without as much as a "sorry". I guess they must have actually checked to see if me/my company had purchased one before they were discontinued in 1979. I'll just take a moment here to lament the fact that I have to live in a world where somewhere out there, there's such a concept as "not being allowed" to send someone such a document. Corporate logic is not logic.

Crossing my fingers here. Thanks

This just in: 95,5 % of the world population lives outside the USA
You should really listen to ABBA
Please drop by our IRC channel: #sciencemadness @ irc.efnet.org
Corrosive Joeseph
National Hazard

Mood: Cyclic

[*] posted on 27-2-2017 at 03:41

Any chance you could post a picture of your machine.........................?

I have a whole folder of Buchi manuals in PDF on my hard drive but like you say, google throws up no 'Rotavapor R'.

Check out my posts in the following link - http://www.sciencemadness.org/talk/viewthread.php?tid=65118#...

/CJ

Being well adjusted to a sick society is no measure of one's mental health
Lambda-Eyde
National Hazard

Mood: Cleaved

[*] posted on 27-2-2017 at 04:38

I don't have any pictures of my own machine, but it's identical to this one:

Buchi-Rotavapor-R.2.jpg - 62kB

As you can see, the faceplate only says "Rotavapor R". I believe this is the very first model. Büchi lists it together with models RE and RL in their "Discontinued products" list, discontinued in 1979.

The specific problem I'm having is that I can't seem to take off the threaded flange (?) on the left hand side. It's fastened with three small machine screws going into the body which, when unscrewed, allows it to turn around freely but it's not moving even a micrometer in the axial direction. I'm kind of stumped as to what's causing this, I'm just hoping it's not a press-fit bearing of some sort (but what else could it be, right). As you can see an exploded drawing would be invaluable for this situation. It has to come off as I have to machine a replacement if I'm ever going to use this thing.

This just in: 95,5 % of the world population lives outside the USA
You should really listen to ABBA
Please drop by our IRC channel: #sciencemadness @ irc.efnet.org
Corrosive Joeseph
National Hazard

Mood: Cyclic

[*] posted on 27-2-2017 at 05:08

Can you get the motor off and have a look in the hole like I mention in the thread I linked to..............?

If one wants to take out the bearing this would have to come off anyways. And further down in the same thread in my link above, I have attached a manual for models RE-111, RE-121 and EL-131..................... I know this is not your model but if you look through it you will find an exploded line drawing of the bearing, it's housing and what looks like a spring clip of sorts which would be on the 'right' (flask) side in your picture............... I'm sure yours is of the same fundamental design..............

And as you already know from reading my link, we never actually got the bearing out of the housing, but we did manage to service it and sort our problem. I was terrified of forcing it and doing even more damage.

Hope this helps...............

/CJ

Being well adjusted to a sick society is no measure of one's mental health
Dr.Bob
International Hazard

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 27-2-2017 at 14:28

I have a few old, broken motors I need to fix of several model types. I also have some parts, just not sure which ones go where to fix what. I am sure that helps a lot. But if you need parts, I might be able to help, I'll also look in my files for any parts diagrams.

Also, if you go to Google Images and try "rotary evaporator buchi parts diagram", there are actually links to a number of them, one might be right. I know it is a needle in a haystack, but not much else I can find.

[Edited on 27-2-2017 by Dr.Bob]

Go To Top