Sciencemadness Discussion Board
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Requested a report on chemical import trends on website - got a call for "access"
RogueRose
International Hazard

[*] posted on 9-3-2017 at 10:07
Requested a report on chemical import trends on website - got a call for "access"

So I was researching some common chemicals and was interested in global trading trends. There was one site that had a detailed report from 2004, 2008 and 2013 - all for one commodity. I clicked the link to get the report and got a page requesting contact info and they would contact me with a link. This seemed reasonable, many sites give reports after verification of a "human".

Well, about 10 mins later I got a call and a man speaking in horrible broken english (I'm thinking SE Asia) asked if I had requested a discount for the publication. I said no, I didn't know I was asking for a discount, just the publication. This guy asked "Would you pay $3,000 for the report?"!

I was so confused I asked if it was for just this report or access to all their documents. This report was like 10-12 pages (dependig upon TOC, index & references). It was just for the single report.

I figured it was such a great deal I told him to send me 3 along with a bill. :D

Go To Top