Sciencemadness Discussion Board
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: eBay chemical sellers disappearing?
Stibnut
Harmless

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 18-5-2017 at 15:23
eBay chemical sellers disappearing?

I've noticed that my two favorite and most reliable eBay chemical vendors - manofohm and dwsurman - have both mysteriously gone "on vacation" and had all their listings removed within the last few days. The latter disappeared just yesterday, shortly after shipping a small order from me.

Does anyone know if eBay is cracking down on chemical vendors who sell to normal people? If so, is it possible that there is some sort of government crackdown going on, or is it just eBay?
Melgar
Anti-Spam Agent

Mood: Estrified

[*] posted on 18-5-2017 at 18:35

dwsurman had a warehouse fire recently, apparently. This seller has a website that you can buy most of those chemicals at, at http://consolidated-chemical.com/. Anything previously listed on eBay that isn't there, just email them and ask, and perhaps 90% of the time they have it, and will include it in your order. It can be hard keeping those inventory databases up to date.

My guess is they got too busy, and cut their eBay listings because they were the least profitable ones. Their products are also on Amazon and Etsy, if you want to look there. You can recognize them because the bottles in the pictures are usually empty and often with the lids off, if you look close.

[Edited on 5/19/17 by Melgar]

Go To Top