Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: LAH and NaBH4 aquisition
pigatator
Harmless

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 17-10-2017 at 00:04
LAH and NaBH4 aquisition

Where can I find these? After going through some posts on here is seems that a decent amount of people have them. The only places that I have seen that sell them are the chemical suppliers that do not deal with individual customers.
wg48
National Hazard

[*] posted on 17-10-2017 at 04:56

Quote: Originally posted by pigatator  
Where can I find these? After going through some posts on here is seems that a decent amount of people have them. The only places that I have seen that sell them are the chemical suppliers that do not deal with individual customers.

There is a place just down the road from me that sells it. :D

[Edited on 17-10-2017 by wg48]
SWIM
National Hazard

[*] posted on 17-10-2017 at 07:09

LAH is available right now on Ebay for from$1 (US) to $8US (per gram, left that out of original post!)depending on the vendor and quantity.

It sometimes shows up on Amazon too.

I have bought it over the counter, but I don't think most chemical shops do that here in the US. If they do, you're going to have to show an ID and sign for it most likely (I think there's a law requiring that here)

I didn't check for NaBH4, but it's usually easier to find.

If you're in some other country it might be harder or easier; seems from the posts here that a lot of other countries are even worse than America for getting hazardous chemicals

[Edited on 17-10-2017 by SWIM]
Melgar
Anti-Spam Agent

Mood: Estrified

[*] posted on 17-10-2017 at 07:22

If you put your actual location in your profile, we can give you more helpful answers, since then we'd have a better idea of what laws are like where you live. That being said, both reagents can be ordered from various Polish, Latvian, and Lithuanian suppliers easily enough, and many of them ship to North America. Australia gets the short end of the stick in many ways, since they have much stricter inspection of international packages, and their domestic market is about 10% the size of the US, so it's harder to find. Stuff will often pop up on eBay that you wouldn't expect to; I've seen LiAlH4 there a few times now. Larger sellers can get away with more than smaller ones, and periodically, they'll take advantage of this to sell stuff that probably shouldn't be mailed.

The first step in the process of learning something is admitting that you don't know it already.

I'm givin' the spam shields max power at full warp, but they just dinna have the power! We're gonna have to evacuate to new forum software!
pigatator
Harmless

[*] posted on 17-10-2017 at 13:35

Thank you all for your help, I did not see LAH on ebay when I looked the first time and that is more important for me at the moment. I live in central Indiana by the way if that helps.
gatosgr
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 23-10-2017 at 09:03

I wouldn't trust LiAlH4 from ebay, it shouldn't be shipped by mail, I've ordered KMnO4 from ebay though but it's less reactive.

Go To Top