Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  
Author: Subject: Disappearance of nitroethane
Mush
National Hazard

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 12-11-2017 at 14:09
Disappearance of nitroethane

Nitroethane based tip blenders have mysteriously disappearanced from the German market
It seems that Am and Eb also cracked on to this reagent/product.
Schleimsäure
Hazard to Others

Mood: Probably

[*] posted on 13-11-2017 at 05:16

I bought 250 ml some 2-3 years ago from 1000l.de.

I went there by car since its only 10 km's away from me in Berlin.
Back then he told me he had a good number of police/customs there 3 weeks before.
He sold red P, nitroethane and benzaldhyde, ok. After the visit he continued to sell his large stock, but he was forced by the authorities to keep books about who is buying, I also had to sign in a list and show my passport.

His assistant told me also they had lots of suspicious orders from Eastern Europe, the same adress ordered on his main site and on his ebay shop at the same time etc.

As of now there seems to be no more "official" place to buy/order nitroethane.
The tip blenders have been altered to subtitute mixtures.

Melgar
Anti-Spam Agent

Mood: Estrified

[*] posted on 13-11-2017 at 06:57

I thought everyone went to Poland to get their suspicious chemicals in Germany?

The first step in the process of learning something is admitting that you don't know it already.

I'm givin' the spam shields max power at full warp, but they just dinna have the power! We're gonna have to evacuate to new forum software!
Schleimsäure
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 13-11-2017 at 10:13

Quote: Originally posted by Melgar  
I thought everyone went to Poland to get their suspicious chemicals in Germany?

Hehe ;)

Basically that is true. If you live in Eastern/Middle Germany Poland is the way to go. But of course you still have to find a source there. I had help of a Polish speaking colleague, who made the inquiries with Polish firms/shops for me in Polish. Other good thing is, some reagents you get at ridiculous low prices there, old stock pure grade 1-propanol for 2 EUR/l as an example, or got half a liter technical bromine for 7 EUR.

Other Eastern European countries like Czechia or Hungary might work too most probably.
Mush
National Hazard

[*] posted on 13-11-2017 at 12:53

Quote:

After the visit he continued to sell his large stock, but he was forced by the authorities to keep books about who is buying, I also had to sign in a list and show my passport.

I dont see any problem buying the same stuff from two different online platform. Buying it in multi liters is a different story. But hey, it was a tip blender after all.

Maybe Germany is diffrent to other EU member states.
Hard to believe that nobody keeps record of their costumers from day zero knowdays.

Red RP has very limmited legitimate use other than pyro and hobby chem.
Nitroethane is a perfect solvent however ain't cheap . I do see numerous legitimate application of this reagent.

Quote:

Other Eastern European countries like Czechia or Hungary might work too most probably.

People wrongly assumes that one can get anything from Eastern E.. Certain reagents indeed easily available, but others aren't. This was discussed and well phrased by someone else in a different topic .

Everything is exacly the same as in the US. Small businesses are a bit more flexiable.

The real party will start when Ukraine gets closer to the EU economic wise.

In my personal opinion most Western home chemists still have better access to reagents than Eastern hobbyist.
Schleimsäure
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 13-11-2017 at 13:30

Quote:
I dont see any problem buying the same stuff from two different online platform. Buying it in multi liters is a different story. But hey, it was a tip blender after all.

To my understanding exactly that was the problem, the buyer ordered rather small quantities on different sale places.
Why would you do that, you could order on one place a bigger amount. It left the impression, the buyer tried to conceal ordering one big amount.

Quote:

People wrongly assumes that one can get anything from Eastern E.. Certain reagents indeed easily available, but others aren't. This was discussed and well phrased by someone else in a different topic .

Everything is exacly the same as in the US. Small businesses are a bit more flexiable.

In my personal opinion most Western home chemists still have better access to reagents than Eastern hobbyist.

You propably won't get anything in Eastern European countries. But in some, like Poland EU directives are not followed very strictly, you are correct, much more in smaller entities.
Russia on the other hand is quite restrictive on certain reagents. But that's not true for Poland, Czechia or Hungary.
It comes even down to that you can get this and that in Germany, other chemicals you get better in Poland or the US.
It was no problem for me to get Uranyl acetate, CCl4, Aniline, As2O3, HF, Sodium azide etc. at very reasonable prices in Poland. In Germany most of them are out of question for the amateur chemist.
Also it gets more restrictive by the day here, two years ago I was still able to get SOCl2 without much hazzle. That possibilty is now gone, only shipped to companies, there is still the possibilty to buy it from one single vendor who sells it to private individulas, but only if you catch it at the place (no shipment) and fill out a lot of paperwork. That's some 400 km's from me. And not to speak of the HNO3 ban, only 3% concentration to individuals, luckily I bought a lifetime supply before the EU madness became life.

As for Ukraine, if it gets into EU at all, you might be right, people there are much poorer compared to Poland or Hungary. They will sell you everything for USD or EUR.

[Edited on 13-11-2017 by Schleimsäure]
MorbidMule
Harmless

[*] posted on 22-11-2017 at 20:56

Hi guys. I've been sitting on 2 litres of this for a long time(they may be more than a decade old, I'm not sure). Obviously I can't sell this on Ebay, so it's going to be bitcoin only. This time of year gives you the best odds when it comes to customs.

The buyer(s) is going to need to put down $20-$50 USD(depending on destination) worth of bitcoin as a non refundable shipping deposit. The agreed selling price can be paid after successful delivery. If you're not willing to gamble that much or you're assuming I'm a scammer, that's fine, just don't bother contacting me. I'm very busy with Xmas sales, so don't expect replies to PM's any sooner than 48 hours. Shipping from Canada btw, and you can specify whatever customs description you want on the parcel. I'm going to try and add a photo link below.

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/GgpWF"><a href="//imgur.com/GgpWF"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
MorbidMule
Harmless

[*] posted on 10-12-2017 at 00:30

Asking $150 USD/L + shipping. Don't waste my time if you're going to flake out when it comes time to send a deposit. On holidays until 2018, but feel free to msg me with offers.
Schleimsäure
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 12-12-2017 at 13:26

Hehe, at least I can confirm that the stuff is legit. I bought from the same source, had the same label. The guy from 1000l.de once bought 1000l drums of benzaldehyde, nitroethane and DMSO. Hence his website name. He also had 100 kg's of Red P or so. At one point he offered a whole drum, think of DMSO or benzaldehyde, at ebay.
He no longer sells the Nitroethane though.
MorbidMule
Harmless

[*] posted on 14-1-2018 at 13:01

1 L sold, 1 L left. Dead insect included if you want it :)

[Edited on 14-1-2018 by MorbidMule]
stoichiometric_steve
National Hazard

Mood: satyric

[*] posted on 4-6-2018 at 06:39

Does anybody have more detailed information as to the status of Nitroethane in Germany? It even looks like the legit places like Sigma, Fisher, Acros, Alfa-Aesar etc. do not sell it anymore at all. That's rather odd.
coppercone
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 5-6-2018 at 07:59

Honestly i think i had survilenece outside my house after buying a gram of wp on ebay.

I was extremely rude to the vehical and it stopped appearing infront of my house past midnight. I thought i was being cased (i own alot of electrical test equipment and tools)

That kind of stuff just does not happen where i live normally.

Ithink they put together that i worked a respectable job 9 to 5 and stopped caring. I believe it was to see if i had suspicious vehicals going on my property in the late hours.

By weird i mean i was going to the local shopping center and some guy did like 5 turns right after me, even when i decided to drive around randomly in a residential cuz i did not like how he looked in the mirror. All within like 2 weeks of an order. In ny.

My hypothesis is that they look to see if you are making drugs for a small circle if you buy small amounts of chemicals they decided to watch. Or i am just imagining it.

[Edited on 5-6-2018 by coppercone]

zed
International Hazard

Mood: Semi-repentant Sith Lord

[*] posted on 5-6-2018 at 17:12

Aww. The Government has a boner about Phosphorus.

This phobia, doesn't make as much sense as it used to.

I mean, it could still be used to construct chemical weapons, but the U.S. Meth crisis, is largely over.

The Department of Justice, struggled for years to place restrictions on Ephedrine sales. Congress, high on big Pharm money, stubbornly refused to codify such restrictions. Over- the-counter Ephedrine was a huge money maker.

Since Ephedrine could not be successfully restricted, Co-reagents: Phosphorus and Iodine, were placed under strict control. Though much of the reason is gone, the restrictions remain.

Ephedrine sales are now controlled in many states, but so what? Mexican Cartels smuggle so much Meth into the U.S., that domestic production is now probably just a drop in the bucket. Prices are dropping and dropping, due to the huge supply.

All the while, Phosphorus and Iodine, remain on the no-no list.

Easy to make though.

alking
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 7-6-2018 at 11:40

I wouldn't say it's under control because the country is being flooded with meth from outside, that's kind of the opposite of under control isn't it? That's like saying the leak in the basement has been resolved by the pipe bursting.
coppercone
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 7-6-2018 at 13:49

well its easy to make but you still want a pure sample for comparison etc
PirateDocBrown
National Hazard

[*] posted on 7-6-2018 at 15:06

Phosphorus, easy to make? Not impossible, but easy, I wouldn't say so.

Phlogiston manufacturer/supplier.

For all your phlogiston needs.
SWIM
National Hazard

[*] posted on 7-6-2018 at 15:20

I thought he meant meth was easy to make.

But maybe he meant nitroethane...

Using too many pronouns can kinda backfire on you...

zed
International Hazard

[*] posted on 8-6-2018 at 11:37

Nope.

I was referring to Iodine, and Phosphorus.

Iodine isn't very hard. And Phosphorus merely requires commitment.

Though I suppose seeing it done is helpful.

Like a lot of other things, it is easy, once you know how.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mibM4WUx74Q

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=23bXKpLyXJk

Here one of our members, makes Phosphorus, apparently utilizing just a wood-fire in an old barbeque unit, and a blower.

[Edited on 8-6-2018 by zed]

CobaltChloride
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 8-6-2018 at 22:45

Quote: Originally posted by Mush  

In Romania at least, laws about chemicals are pretty lax. There's only two useful reagents that are considered illegal: permanganates and acetic anhydride. The former is legal though if you have under 50g and you bought it from the EU. In rest, I can get almost all reagents I want. There's only one problem: I need to buy many reagents which are OTC to western amateur chemists (like hydrochloric acid) from industrial/lab suppliers because they simply aren't present in hardware stores. At least from what I've heard from westerners, the laws there are a lot more draconian in their countries and there's a lot more reagents they don't have access to.
coppercone
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 9-6-2018 at 09:19

Quote: Originally posted by SWIM  
I thought he meant meth was easy to make.

But maybe he meant nitroethane...

Using too many pronouns can kinda backfire on you...

Nah I meant you can make phosphorus fairly easily but when I watch the videos on youtube I see the product seems kinda off.

The commercial WP I have has a very very white surface, like bright white paint. I keep it stored in a plastic tube which has an an ampuole like container in it. The phosphorus is under water in a sand filled paint can with a vent on top. The idea being that the sand adds impact resistance and if it breaks for whatever reason the sand will act as a heat sink and prevent. I thought about adding some brackets and a bolt to the paint can to ensure that the bolt has to be unscrewed for the lid to come off, but given that it has 3 enclosures and sand, its hard to imagine it getting destroyed unless there is an angry rhinosaurus trying to destroy my house.

By easy I mean you just need to heat and condense it, its not like you need some kind of carefully timed reaction with addition funnels, precise thermal control, etc... I would consider making diethyl ether harder then producing phosphourus from a lab knowledge and skills requirement standpoint, since you need to use addition funnels, active cooling, a fair bit of different glassware, etc. The phosphorus just has a high temp requirement but if you watch the videos, its pretty much like 'shove this thing in a fire and wait for it to stop bubbling', you can't really get messed up biproducts if you control the reaction wrong etc...

I would like to attempt it though to see what kind of process is needed to get that milk white phosphorus from it.. maybe you just need to sublime it or purify the starting reagents. I think its some kind of phosphourus-metal molecule contaminating the WP people make, formed because there is a reaction between the reactants and the reactor wall?

And I think its always nice to compare something you made, even visually and odor wise, to something say sigma aldrich produces.

[Edited on 9-6-2018 by coppercone]
Mush
National Hazard

[*] posted on 9-6-2018 at 10:48

Quote: Originally posted by stoichiometric_steve  
Does anybody have more detailed information as to the status of Nitroethane in Germany? It even looks like the legit places like Sigma, Fisher, Acros, Alfa-Aesar etc. do not sell it anymore at all. That's rather odd.

WTF?:o Indeed , it has completly vanished from everywhere.

BTW this is the message from Alfa:
"Once available inventory is depleted, this item will no longer be available. End user declaration required. Due to government transport regulations, this item cannot be shipped by air. "

Code:
Cuccio Powder Polish Dip System Step 6 Brush Cleaner

F* expensive but still otc, grab it utill in stock. Seems to to drying out from shops fast.

:D Great job Nux,s and By Full Modern Alchemist!

Nitroethane by destructive distillation
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GWVoJDNlLLY

By Full Modern Alchemist
Synthesis of Nitroethane
https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=nitroethane

Distilling brush softener to clean up and test the nitroethane in it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aWHX_V-IV_o

Nitroethane
https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=nitroethane

[Edited on 9-6-2018 by Mush]
zed
International Hazard

[*] posted on 9-6-2018 at 11:39

And, Nitroethane? Not easy to make.

At least, I haven't seen a procedure posted, wherein some simple process, produces liters and liters of Nitroethane.

Anybody have fresh insight?

This has been a puzzle for a long time.
morbidmule2
Harmless

[*] posted on 15-6-2018 at 05:46

I'm giving away my second litre of Nitroethane. All you have to do is send me a prepaid Canada Post shipping label. I still have the photos that were removed from my earlier post. The first customer was happy with his purchase, but silly me for trying to help you guys out-the mods banned my account.

PM for details. Be sure to include an email, cuz they'll probably ban this account too.

Most likely I'll be pouring this down the drain.

Bert
Super Administrator

Mood: " I think we are all going to die. I think that love is an illusion. We are flawed, my darling".

[*] posted on 15-6-2018 at 07:19

Your Morbidmule account is turned on for posting and U2U.

Rapopart’s Rules for critical commentary:

1. Attempt to re-express your target’s position so clearly, vividly and fairly that your target says: “Thanks, I wish I’d thought of putting it that way.”
2. List any points of agreement (especially if they are not matters of general or widespread agreement).
3. Mention anything you have learned from your target.
4. Only then are you permitted to say so much as a word of rebuttal or criticism.

Anatol Rapoport was a Russian-born American mathematical psychologist (1911-2007).

Loptr
International Hazard

Mood: Grateful

[*] posted on 15-6-2018 at 07:31

Quote: Originally posted by morbidmule2  
I'm giving away my second litre of Nitroethane. All you have to do is send me a prepaid Canada Post shipping label. I still have the photos that were removed from my earlier post. The first customer was happy with his purchase, but silly me for trying to help you guys out-the mods banned my account.

PM for details. Be sure to include an email, cuz they'll probably ban this account too.

Most likely I'll be pouring this down the drain.

Oh,come on. Why you go do a thing like that?

"Question everything generally thought to be obvious." - Dieter Rams
 Pages:  1  

Go To Top