Sciencemadness Discussion Board
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2  
Author: Subject: Anyone want to swap chemistry stuff?
arkoma
Redneck Overlord

Mood: украї́нська

[*] posted on 20-11-2017 at 08:54

I have about ten pounds of ammonium nitrate to put on the block......

"We believe the knowledge and cultural heritage of mankind should be accessible to all people around the world, regardless of their wealth, social status, nationality, citizenship, etc" z-lib

Plunkett
Hazard to Self

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 20-11-2017 at 09:41

Quote: Originally posted by Melgar  
Quote: Originally posted by Plunkett  
I have 6 kg of sodium bromide I will trade for most anything.

You're the one doing the periodic table display, right? Did you ever get any ruthenium? I could send some. Also I have some nice selenium samples, if you want. But I'd actually be quite interested in that sodium bromide.

Yes. I have selenium powder now but I still do not have ruthenium. As for the sodium bromide, I would be interested in trading for ammonium chloride, choline chloride, or an MMO electrode, whatever you think is a fair deal. U2U me.
Melgar
Anti-Spam Agent

Mood: Estrified

[*] posted on 30-11-2017 at 06:44

Filtered some precipitated ruthenium. Can probably recover several times this amount. Interested?

15120530145701237306455.jpg - 375kB

BTW, anyone I'm late responding to U2U messages, it's because I'm super busy due to moving today. I will get caught up over the next few days, once the hard part is done.

[Edited on 11/30/17 by Melgar]

The first step in the process of learning something is admitting that you don't know it already.

I'm givin' the spam shields max power at full warp, but they just dinna have the power! We're gonna have to evacuate to new forum software!
JJay
International Hazard

[*] posted on 10-12-2017 at 22:46

Does anyone have any phosphorus pentoxide for sale/trade?

Chemvironment
Harmless

[*] posted on 11-12-2017 at 09:05

I have 3-4 500 ml Sep funnels, 5-6 stemless funnels and hundreds of 100 ml media bottles (almost no lids) I could trade if anyone interested
Melgar
Anti-Spam Agent

[*] posted on 16-12-2017 at 00:28

Still behind on sorting everything out here. Haven't been able to go through my chemistry stuff, due to it not being stored nearby, and the fact that I don't have a car. Have to rely on others to access it for now. Everything is uncertain, and it's really annoying.

I do have P2O5 in my stuff. A decent amount of it too. It was a little disappointing using it though. It's super powerful as a desiccant, but almost never gives clean reactions. It also turns into a thick gel almost immediately, which then becomes a passivating layer of sorts for the rest of it. This can be mitigated by coating silica gel with it, but it still tends to turn many organic compounds to tar. It'd be most useful as an inorganic reactant, I'd imagine.

Quote: Originally posted by Chemvironment  
I have 3-4 500 ml Sep funnels, 5-6 stemless funnels and hundreds of 100 ml media bottles (almost no lids) I could trade if anyone interested

Recently, HEET changed the design of their bottles, and the new, larger caps fit neatly onto the standard 100 mL glass bottles. The old caps fit onto 25 mL and 50 mL bottles, generally. The old bottles tend to be seen more in places that don't turn over their inventory that quickly. Whereas if you go to Walmart, you'll probably only see the newer ones.

[Edited on 12/16/17 by Melgar]

The first step in the process of learning something is admitting that you don't know it already.

I'm givin' the spam shields max power at full warp, but they just dinna have the power! We're gonna have to evacuate to new forum software!
NEMO-Chemistry
International Hazard

[*] posted on 16-12-2017 at 20:12

250g Vanadium Pentoxide, I way over ordered after a brain fart! I got the last bit right, but for some reason stuffed the first bit up! I bet you can guess what i thought i was ordering :D.

Anyway i am after chems in return. I will split this as 250g is alot...not as much as the 1Kg i ended up ordering (ouch).
Cryolite.
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 17-12-2017 at 21:41

This might be a bit out of the scope of this post, but a seller on ebay has listed 25 kg of hydroxylamine sulfate for $330. This is a great price per kilo, but of course that's a huge amount to commit to buying. Would anyone here be interested in doing a group buy? I was thinking we could get 5 of us to commit for 80 dollars each (the extra covers shipping) and I would then send out 5 kilos of the hydroxylamine to everyone.
Melgar
Anti-Spam Agent

[*] posted on 17-12-2017 at 23:32

All of my net worth is tied up between a cryptocurrency claim and a Labor Department claim. Should have a lot of money coming my way eventually. I wish I knew when though.

NEMO-Chemistry
International Hazard

[*] posted on 18-12-2017 at 11:57

Quote: Originally posted by Melgar  
All of my net worth is tied up between a cryptocurrency claim and a Labor Department claim. Should have a lot of money coming my way eventually. I wish I knew when though.

I can answer this one for you. it will be with you the day before your next chem order :D.
Melgar
Anti-Spam Agent

[*] posted on 19-12-2017 at 09:13

Quote: Originally posted by NEMO-Chemistry  

I can answer this one for you. it will be with you the day before your next chem order :D.

Close! I'd need to scope out places that'd be okay with me setting up a fume hood there first.

JJay
International Hazard

[*] posted on 27-12-2017 at 00:18

I am still looking for a lab quantity of red phosphorus. Ideally I'd like to get 500 grams. I am extremely reluctant to order it from outside the U.S. due to potentially draconian enforcement of shipping regulations. I am not in a big hurry, but it would be a nice thing to have.

WangleSpong5000
Hazard to Others

Mood: Curious

[*] posted on 27-12-2017 at 00:51

I would really like some

NaBH4 and/or LiAlH4

I am not comfortable ordering from local Australian supplier, and 90% won't supply to end users anway and I'm not comfortable ordering it from ebay as all I buy from ebay is chemistry related items. (nothing like condensors anyway... the police WILL come to my house)

I was more than happy to sign the EUD for all my lab glass and the 2 year period has passes so theoretically the supply company discarded my records or at least is no longer obliged to show the to the police if they requset it. I just don't trust them. Not the lab supply place but the government.

NaBH4 and/or LiAlH4 are not illegal here but they are classed as category 1 precursors (as is pretty much anything useful) we have very little explicitly stated rights in my country, all our rights are by implication under Commonwealth law which means any lawyer can fight for or against them.

The aforementioed chemicals are not simple things to make and are useful for so many things. I'd be happy to buy a small amount from anybody that has them. I don't have anything of interest to swap at this point as I am just starting out. But I would love to add these to my collection to be used at a later time when I have more knowledge and experience not to mention more chemicals.

Hyperbole be thy name
Gurt
Harmless

Mood: Inquisitive

[*] posted on 3-1-2018 at 16:10

I've got a good bit of NaBH4 to offer for sale or trade. I'm in the U.S, so that limits me to only domestic offers.

U2U me if anyone is interested!
Iodobenzene
Harmless

Mood: Strongly Acidic

[*] posted on 4-1-2018 at 05:59

I'm looking For 1,2,3,4 tetrahydronaftalene.
If
you have it PM me and tell me what chemicals you're looking For.
If i don't have any i can pay you .
I live in italy.
DavidJR
National Hazard

Mood: Tired

[*] posted on 9-1-2018 at 13:01

I have >20kg of anhydrous sodium sulphite (Na<sub>2</sub>SO<sub>3</sub>;).

[Edited on 9-1-2018 by DavidJR]

[Edited on 9-1-2018 by DavidJR]
Cryolite.
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 14-1-2018 at 23:23

If anyone wants to be a part of a group buy on hydroxylamine sulfate, U2U me. Right now I'm thinking that everyone'll pitch in 80 bucks and I'll send out 5 kilograms of hydroxylamine in return. We need at least four other people to make this work though.
NEMO-Chemistry
International Hazard

[*] posted on 15-1-2018 at 06:23

I have some burette's, most are fairly old but unused. Majority are goldline class A, I have a 1960's calibration certificate for them!! They havnt been used since this was issued lol.

Not sure of volumes and markings etc, i will post some pictures later if anyone in the UK is interested.
Also i am about to order several chemicals in bulk, if anyone wants some let me know.

these are in 25KG or KG amounts, I need to know amount your interested in as they will need to be repacked.
Potassium Hydroxide
Sodium Hydroxide
Potassium Nitrate

Min order quantity is 500g, not sure of price yet but will be below lowest on ebay UK. I might add some more to list shortly
Gurt
Harmless

Mood: Inquisitive

[*] posted on 16-1-2018 at 14:36

I should also add that I have a few litres of benzene. I ordered a bit more than I need and would be willing to swap or sell a couple litres.
ninhydric1
Hazard to Others

Mood: Bleached

[*] posted on 16-1-2018 at 17:17

NEMO, how much for 500 g KOH + shipping to CA?

The philosophy of one century is the common sense of the next.
DavidJR
National Hazard

Mood: Tired

[*] posted on 18-1-2018 at 11:51

I have:

Anhydrous sodium sulphite (>20kg)
Hydroquinone (benzene-1,4-diol)
Phenidone (1-phenyl-3-pyrazolidinone)
Ammonium chloride
Selenium powder (only about 8g)

I want:
potassium bromide or sodium bromide
benzotriazole
4-(methylamino)phenol sulfate (metol)
Ferric ammonium oxalate
ampHoteric
Harmless

[*] posted on 18-1-2018 at 19:05

Quote: Originally posted by Cryolite.  
This might be a bit out of the scope of this post, but a seller on ebay has listed 25 kg of hydroxylamine sulfate for $330. This is a great price per kilo, but of course that's a huge amount to commit to buying. Would anyone here be interested in doing a group buy? I was thinking we could get 5 of us to commit for 80 dollars each (the extra covers shipping) and I would then send out 5 kilos of the hydroxylamine to everyone.

Count me in.
Cryolite.
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 28-1-2018 at 17:26

So I've now got two people interested in hydroxylamine. We only need two more!

On another note, I recently managed to score some nice rhodium beads at an incredible price. Does anyone here want to purchase a small (~1-2 gram) bead for an element sample? I can offer a reasonable discount on the spot price. I'll post some pictures if there's any interest.
elementcollector1
International Hazard

Mood: Molten

[*] posted on 28-1-2018 at 19:28

I wouldn't mind a rhodium bead, if it's under the current spot price - $60 a gram is not within my price range...

Elements Collected:52/87
Latest Acquired: Cl
Next in Line: Nd
LD5050
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 1-2-2018 at 15:47

I'm looking for some glassware of 24/40 and 14/20. I need a 24/40 straight path condenser, distillation head, thermometer adaptor, and boiling flasks of different sizes. Also I'm looking to get my hands on a 14/20 distillation set up.
Also looking for cyclohexylamine, GAA, and some others

For trade I have:

Acetic anhydride
Red phosphorous
Benzaldehyde
Sodium perborate
Sodium bisulfate
And some others let me know if you have anything in particular maybe I will have it.
 Pages:  1  2  

Go To Top