Sciencemadness Discussion Board
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Has anyone had any experience with Paramount Chemicals?
Pupper
Harmless

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 14-11-2017 at 21:46
Has anyone had any experience with Paramount Chemicals?

Hello I'm new to these forums so hopefully I'm not breaking any rules lmao
Anyway I live in Victoria (Australia) and I'm trying to find where I can buy sulfuric acid. I found a company called Paramount Chemicals that sells it but I don't know if they sell to individuals. Has anyone had any experience with them?
Thanks
NeonPulse
Hazard to Others

Mood: Isolated from Reality! For Real this time....

[*] posted on 14-11-2017 at 23:39

I heard that they do. They used to have an eBay store where you could also buy 68%nitric acid and 25% ammonia. They also stock loads of cleaning chemicals too. They are located in Preston I think. They will probably take details but not 100%sure. You will almost certainly need to be 18 though.

Where there is a will
there is a way.

AllCheMystery!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWbbidIY4v57uczsl0Fgv7w?vie...
diddi
National Hazard

Mood: Fluorescent

[*] posted on 15-11-2017 at 02:00

it changed hands a while back. the old owner, Jim, is a good bloke but is quite reluctant to sell these days, particularly to new clients due to some issues about 12 months ago. i dont think he is ebay selling any more. i can confirm he does have some supplies in a place off Albert street in Preston, but not much.

Beginning construction of periodic table display
Pupper
Harmless

[*] posted on 15-11-2017 at 03:45

Quote: Originally posted by NeonPulse  
I heard that they do. They used to have an eBay store where you could also buy 68%nitric acid and 25% ammonia. They also stock loads of cleaning chemicals too. They are located in Preston I think. They will probably take details but not 100%sure. You will almost certainly need to be 18 though.

Ah thanks, need to wait 1 more year then lol
Pupper
Harmless

[*] posted on 15-11-2017 at 03:46

Quote: Originally posted by diddi  
it changed hands a while back. the old owner, Jim, is a good bloke but is quite reluctant to sell these days, particularly to new clients due to some issues about 12 months ago. i dont think he is ebay selling any more. i can confirm he does have some supplies in a place off Albert street in Preston, but not much.

Hm... I see. If he doesn't sell it to me do you know any other places where I can buy sulfuric acid or other reagents?
WangleSpong5000
Hazard to Others

Mood: Curious

[*] posted on 30-11-2017 at 11:41

I've just aquired 98% sulfuric acid as drain cleaner OTC at a small independent hardware store in Sydney. It's completely colourless and according to the MSDS we have nothing other than 98% H2SO4 and 2% water... I imagine it would have no other contaminants other than those to be expected of technical grade chemicals (which I assume this is...)

"'Glendale Packaging' 98% H2SO4 drain cleaner". Is the product. Moflo brand H2SO4 is on 63% and is only stocked at plumbing supply stores which only sell to licened plumbers or at least account holders... at least they're supposed too... + it's costs an arm and a leg...

I'm stoked to say the least! What a piece o luck my son!

http://www.glendalepackaging.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/...

[Edited on 30-11-2017 by WangleSpong5000]

Go To Top