Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: How to write chemical equations in organic chemistry
13enigma
Harmless

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 17-12-2017 at 04:19
How to write chemical equations in organic chemistry

I'm having issues writing down the product of organic reactions. Inorganic chemistry is simpler, for example NaOH+HCl= H20+NaCl.
I know it's unbalanced but can you see my point. I'm having trouble knowing how hydrocarbons react and form products. I'm also having issues knowing when polymers hydrocarbons form. How can one make and examine polymers theoretically on paper and pencil? Guide to me a great book or something
PirateDocBrown
National Hazard

[*] posted on 17-12-2017 at 08:24

https://www2.chemistry.msu.edu/faculty/reusch/virttxtjml/int...
NEMO-Chemistry
International Hazard

[*] posted on 17-12-2017 at 08:53

Quote: Originally posted by 13enigma  
I'm having issues writing down the product of organic reactions. Inorganic chemistry is simpler, for example NaOH+HCl= H20+NaCl.
I know it's unbalanced but can you see my point. I'm having trouble knowing how hydrocarbons react and form products. I'm also having issues knowing when polymers hydrocarbons form. How can one make and examine polymers theoretically on paper and pencil? Guide to me a great book or something

This is something i am trying to learn now, there is no short cuts. You need to understand the structures and how they are drawn, your best course of action is to get hold of some OC texts that start at beginner level.

Its a bit of a slog TBH, but i cant see any way to bypass the work needed. Also there are some good you tubes on OC structures and such, they are normally part of uni teaching classes, being aimed at first year students, alot of them are a good soft way in.

Drawing out the mechanisms also helps a bit, but again, unless your a natural its going to take a little pain and effort. Dont get angry and slam the pencil down ;) it makes holes in your hand ;)
gdflp
Super Moderator
Thread Moved
17-12-2017 at 09:09

Go To Top