Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Glassware in the Mail
FlaskBreaker
Harmless

Mood: Convoluted

[*] posted on 16-1-2018 at 09:12
Glassware in the Mail

I bought some 24/40 Standard Taper glassware back on January 1st. It is coming from China (Yes, I know, but the reviews were very good, and said that the glass was of high quality). It arrived in the US on the 10th, and USPS says that today is supposed to be the delivery date. Amazon, however, says that it will arrive between the 17-31st. Which one should I go along with? My package just left New York, so it still has quite a few states to go through.

Thanks,

FlaskBreaker (ScienceWithJames)
weilawei
Hazard to Others

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 16-1-2018 at 09:25

USPS is typically accurate.
CouchHatter
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 16-1-2018 at 11:04

I use Amazon quite a lot. I'm unsure what Amazon uses to track package shipping, but for more than a quarter of my orders, sometimes 2 weeks after I receive it, it is still marked as 'out for delivery' or something similarly false. More rare is for their estimate to be too quick, but it still happens occasionally. Either way, I would not rely on their tracking.

I have gotten nearly all my glass from overseas companies. As long as it's packed well and it's not ultra-cheap, I wouldn't worry. At least, I have always been pleased.
The Volatile Chemist
International Hazard

Mood: Copious

[*] posted on 16-1-2018 at 19:18

Only time I had trouble with amazon was returning a rented chem textbook - everything else has shipped really well and I usually get stuff when or before they predict.

Dr.Bob
International Hazard

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 28-1-2018 at 16:02

Amazon is just using average times, not the specifics, but both them and the USPS can be off by days, due to weather, slow employees, and other issues.

You just have to be patient, I have had items from China come in a week and some took 4 weeks. There is little way to predict which, although some companies seem to be much better than others.

Go To Top