Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Need subscribers
Akhil jain
Hazard to Self

Mood: No Mood

sad.gif posted on 10-3-2018 at 12:28
Need subscribers

Hello . I am an indian home chemist. I started my youtube channel in april 2017 I would have opened my monetization by february 2018 if youtube would have not updated his policy . Currently I have uploaded 45 videos have 124 subscribers and 12000 views overall . J have a lot of ideas to make videos on . Like the best method to prepare K2Cr2O7 from stainless steel ,preparing Na2SO3 and CuSO4 simultaneously and how to make sodium nitrite and potassium nitrite . Just I don't feel like making any videos because I am very discouraged .
Can I get some subscribers, you people can encourage me . https://youtu.be/IGDfx0OEoT8
I love inorganic chemistry
I posted few videos on inorganic preparations , many videos of practical chemistry due to which I got lot of views in February and january due to practical exams in our country but now again the channel is getting down . I also uploaded many cool science and crazy experiments but I not got enough views on them .
What should I do now ?

Subscribe to my youtube channel named akhil the chemist. search it and you will get it this channel is unique .
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9GD00yhAoKajgjRWvqyH-w
aga
Forum Drunkard

[*] posted on 10-3-2018 at 12:49

You got 125 subscribers now.

WTF did you put in that 'firework' in the '600 wali lar' you set off at Diwali ?

Looked more like a war zone than a celebration of light !

Edit:

Good YouTube videos require a lot of work (i tried to make some myself).

It's the same as putting on a Show.

You need a script, actors, set the scene, good filming, then great editing.

Oh, and good lighting as well !

[Edited on 10-3-2018 by aga]

Akhil jain
Hazard to Self

[*] posted on 10-3-2018 at 12:55

Quote: Originally posted by aga  
You got 125 subscribers now.

WTF did you put in that 'firework' in the '600 wali lar' you set off at Diwali ?

Looked more like a war zone than a celebration of light !

Edit:

Good YouTube videos require a lot of work (i tried to make some myself).

It's the same as putting on a Show.

You need a script, actors, set the scene, good filming, then great editing.

Oh, and good lighting as well !

[Edited on 10-3-2018 by aga]

That was a Chinese crackers its like small bombs connected in a series

Subscribe to my youtube channel named akhil the chemist. search it and you will get it this channel is unique .
RawWork
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 10-3-2018 at 13:11

I had wrong ideas about personal youtube channel few years ago. Thought it is to gain success, fame, enjoyment, ego fullfilment... But now i realize it is the opposite, it's not to search for success in subscribers or number of videos, but to show people how successful you are. Not to gain something, but to give something. Of course, your ability to make youtube channel or good videos or to get subscribers it just a reflection of your ability to live, survive, succeed generally.

According to mc2method or law of attraction, your ability to get girls, subscribers, money...is reflection of your degree enjoyment. If you feel bored, you won't gain anything. I call that a feeling method.

If you don't have it already, you won't gain it that way. And according to many smart philosophers, stop waiting. Waiting is suffering. People wait because they are failure and have nothing to do or enjoy. Simply said, do what you're already doing, you will get it if you deserve it.

As one philosopher said: "When you stop waiting, everything will come automatically!".

Boring philosophy. Useless talk. Subscribe to my channel.

Forgot to mention, you can get 1000 subscribers each day, using automated apps, services, websites... Once I gained over 1000 subscribers on social network just by playing game. The game forces other people to subscribe to / follow you, even if they don't like it. Smart method. You may notice some subscribers dissappearing each day, but usually over 50% will not, they are too lazy to unsubscribe.

Ironically such example app found for instagram on google play is called neutrino+. Scientific word.

There are many beggars in my city, and guess why? Not because they are not capable of working or thinking, not because they are weak or sick, but because they are not successful. Some people use word productive. Their mind is disordered, stressful, disorganized. When you put mind in order, every move will lead you to success.

Oh, and remember, success doesn't come suddenly, but so slowly that it can't be noticed. Everything is like that. Progress is very slow, but happens! Think of plant/animal/human growth. Almost invisible.

You just cannot say you'll get married or make youtube video and become happy. That doesn't work like that! :P

[Edited on 10-3-2018 by RawWork]
aga
Forum Drunkard

[*] posted on 10-3-2018 at 13:28

Meh.

Devoting all of your time to making YouTube videos is basically Showing Off, although it can make actual Money.

Doing at least 1 utoob video is very educational - you'll never look at one again in the same way.

Akhil jain
Hazard to Self

[*] posted on 10-3-2018 at 13:37

Thanks for your support and good advice I will try to get on work and do my best.
As lord krishna said in bhagwat geeta " doing work is in your hands but the fruit is not in your hands, forget the fruit and do your work sincerely . Fruit will be given if you deserve it. "

Thanks for reminding me I will try to give up my laziness and try to post a video tomorrow or on Monday

RawWork
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 10-3-2018 at 13:39

And this: success is not one big or few big steps, but billions of small steps. Even video has many parts/dimensions. Audio, voice, slideshow, picture, video, subtitles, length, lightning, license...

And I recommend everybody who wants to "get something" or be productive to listen to mc2method. It simply teaches you how to attract everything by feeling good. Based on Einstein's formula, i realized it's meaning is energy method or feeling method. You don't need to pay the author, unlike you had to few years ago, just give him your email and he'll send you password to audio files for part2, while part1 is already accessible (not for download without pwd).

http://mc2method.org/listen/

[Edited on 10-3-2018 by RawWork]
aga
Forum Drunkard

[*] posted on 10-3-2018 at 14:03

Quote: Originally posted by Akhil jain  
" doing work is in your hands but the fruit is not in your hands, forget the fruit and do your work sincerely . Fruit will be given if you deserve it. "

This is as True today as when it was first recorded in the vedantas.

TheMrbunGee
Hazard to Others

Mood: Phosphorising

[*] posted on 11-3-2018 at 02:42

Good luck.

Reboot
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 11-3-2018 at 12:16

Everybody wants to be a rock star, nobody wants to learn how to play the guitar. :-)

If you want to build a real presence online, you need to have an answer to the question of 'what do I have to offer the viewer/reader?' What makes your work compelling?

Part of answer is originality. You need to give people something unusual if you want to get their attention and want to see more from you. For instance, this is one of my favorite science things on Youtube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v5GPWJPLcHg

A couple of fools sweeping up dust from the side of the highway in the dark as trucks roar past makes it interesting. The underlying idea (where does the platinum in car catalytic converters go?) is interesting. And along the way you get to see some interesting procedures in terms of metal refining.

And part of the answer is quality. Is your video high quality? Is your audio high quality? Is the final product carefully edited to be interesting, easy to follow, and not waste the viewer's time? If nothing else, the shaky camera on your gunpowder video is very annoying. Set up a tripod and/or get a camera with optical image stabilization.

There are a lot of talented people doing chemistry on YouTube. If I were you, I would try to be relevant to the local market. I would be finding ways that chemistry is used and matters right where you live. Sure, there are other videos about extracting biological substances from food items (capsaicin from hot peppers, caffeine from coffee, etc.) but you could film yourself going down to the local market and buying local produce to use. Don't just show a process; tell a story! Don't talk about aniline dye without going to local companies making thread and fabric to show your audience how the science is actually touching their lives.

If I were you, I wouldn't be making videos in English. Why not Hindi or whatever the primary local language is where you live? Forget about the international audience; you aren't going to beat the well-established and well-funded American and European channels for the English market. But if you did a good job of it, you might become a star in your home province/country.

So, if you want to really do this, make an impact, maybe be a bit of a star, you need to improve your product and (in my opinion) go local. Take all the great video ideas from the rest of the science video blogger community and localize them, make them relevant and interesting and accessible to people in your own community.
Akhil jain
Hazard to Self

[*] posted on 11-3-2018 at 13:02

Yes I am trying to improve my quality day by day . The gunpowder video was old ,it was reuploaded though .
I really have a stand for my camera and always synthesize chemicals from chemicals that are easily available to mankind . But what I am getting for doing so much effort?
Answer is nothing

woelen
Super Administrator

Mood: interested

[*] posted on 11-3-2018 at 13:26

Another thing: why do you do this? Do you like it. Do you feel joy when working on it? If it is no fun for you, then quit doing it!

I myself made a very extensive website, which has grown over the years (see my signature). It contains many experiments, several syntheses and a lot of background info on chemicals, physical processes, some mathematics.

I did not do this for money, but I did this for fun. Over time I have had many positive reactions and I even received a few very nice and kind gifts (really special chemicals, element samples) but I have not become rich of it. I did not expect that, nor was it one of my goals.

Have fun with your experimenting, enjoy making videos, webpages, blogs or whatever form of communication you choose. If it does not give joy and is no fun for you, then you won't reach anything and your only yield will be frustration.

The art of wondering makes life worth living...
Want to wonder? Look at https://woelen.homescience.net
Vicarious3rdEye2
Harmless

[*] posted on 11-3-2018 at 13:31

Akhil I just subscribed to your channel. Keep at it man you never know how much you can learn as you go along!

I am no expert by any means but I highly support chemistry channels and love to see more coming up.

I haven't watched too many of them yet but I will. I'll hit the like button as I go so it can help you out in some small way.

I would say to try and watch your videos you've already uploaded and try to look at them as objectively as possible and ask what you would change if it was someone else's channel, if you have a good value system with good intentions you will follow through with it and be successful as far as what your definition of successful is.

I very much agree with aga on treating it basically like it is a film. Things will seem much more watcher friendly. I am sure it will test your knowledge too and if it is not, try to push yourself to do something challenging.

Remember that the process of learning is through nurtured failure. Push the envelope of your understanding and use it as a means of learning. When something doesn't work it is just one more thing you now know isn't the solution. You can Win or you can Learn. Seek the latter.

Again that is assuming your values are of the like.

Either way good luck man!

~Repugnant is a creature who would squander the ability to lift an eye to heaven conscious of his fleeting time here~

Reverend Maynard
Vicarious3rdEye2
Harmless

[*] posted on 11-3-2018 at 13:36

Yeah woelen your website is amazing!

I love that the page starts with "The art of wondering makes life worth living"

It is such a beautiful way to approach a way of learning like that. If you made a book with those experiments and lessons to go along with it I would buy it in a heartbeat!

I haven't posted too much on this forum but I have about 80% of my day to day google searches end in Sciencemadness.org and have read many many topics and I have been a huge admirer or yours throughout the last few years. I am sorry if I seem like I am blowing smoke up your ass but I really have you to thank for a good percentage of my progress in learning chemistry.

~Repugnant is a creature who would squander the ability to lift an eye to heaven conscious of his fleeting time here~

Reverend Maynard
Akhil jain
Hazard to Self

[*] posted on 11-3-2018 at 14:07

Ya really his website is very amazing. I loved it

Go To Top