Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Finnigan ITS-40 GC/MS
transformer
Harmless

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 17-5-2007 at 00:52
Finnigan ITS-40 GC/MS

To my great pleasure i managed to get my hands on a finnigan ITS40 GC/MS! Granted the system is not entirely complete but after some work it now only needs a decent forepump for the turbo vacuum pump, some carrier gas and some software for interpretation and calibration of the beast and i cant seem to find it anywhere.

Does anybody have a copy of the original ITS40 GC/MS software (i guess i will have to run dos on my latop ;) ) or some other software program such as Vx Acquisition (http://www.adronsystems.com/products_vx.htm) that is usable with the ITS-40.
Maybe even HP's Chemstation software would work.

Peace

hinz
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 17-5-2007 at 04:09

Some time ago I bought a Finnigan ITD700 Ion trap mass spectrometer, the turbo pump and electron multiplier are damaged, but I got the software with it on a 1,44Mb floppy disc. The software is made in the late 80', so it's Dos-based and has a bad resolution, but maybe it works with your ITS40. I load the files in the attachment, the .exe file is ITDS. It should run on Win98 and XP. (There is no spectra library on the disk, you have to get it from someone else)

Wish you good luck to get your GC/MS running!

Attachment: ITD 700.rar (351kB)
This file has been downloaded 632 times

transformer
Harmless

[*] posted on 17-5-2007 at 05:23

Wow thank you very much i will check out if the software works and post back if it does (might take a while tho) i have to dig up ms-dos 6 and found out that altough the gc is rs232 i need one of those ieee488 interfaces to connect the MS. Just looking at that connector brings you instantly back to the c64 days :cool:.

Btw did you get an operator manual with your ITD700? The one that comes with the ITS40 has howtos for basically the entire MS where it in details explains how to fix or replace parts maybe there is a way you can fix it?

TheFlIrishman
Harmless

[*] posted on 15-4-2017 at 16:38
GC/MS Need Advice and Help

Eastern Florida State College in Melbourne, Fl has just acquired a 30 (or more) year old HP 3400 GC and Finnigan ITS 40 MS. The

Varian Software that was supplied was loaded onto a Pentium based PC, with an IEE 488 bus card. The software goes to an

unreadable red screen. Any chance you may have some correct software or suggestions on helping us get this equipment

operational so we can teach our organic chemistry students GC/MS?

We also have an HP 5890 GC and a 5972 Mass Selective Detector.
Can these be connected for a GC/MS and if so, where do we get the S/W to run it?

George Kenney Kenneyg@EasternFlorida.edu 321-543-6180

Go To Top