Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: IKA ETS-D5 Error 5
DrScrabs
Hazard to Others

Mood: Still evaporating..

[*] posted on 21-7-2018 at 04:40
IKA ETS-D5 Error 5

So I just got my new used mag stirrer (IKA RCT Basic 3) and the thermoprobe always displays "Error 5"
The displayed temp is correct and the d5 displays heating, the hotplate not and so it does not. When the d5 symbol changes to heating I can hear a relay switching and some buzzing in the hotplate(like a working transformer)
On a search I did only find this https://www.researchgate.net/post/IKA_ETS_D5_probe_says_Error_5 but it did not help

Can someone please help me?
DJF90
International Hazard

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 21-7-2018 at 06:40

I have this error pop up occassionally, but its usually when I've turned heating off on the hotplate without adjusting the set point on the probe. Turning the plate off at the wall and waiting for the display to clear before turning it back on resets the error.

What you need to do is set the set point below whatever temp you're at, if you're not heating. I usually have mine right down at -50*C. Otherwise the probe decides heating us required, and the hotplate not being turned on for heat causes the error.

[Edited on 21-7-2018 by DJF90]
DrScrabs
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 21-7-2018 at 07:04

Thanks for your quick response but I do have this problem on heating, for example if I set the safe temp to 200°C, required temp to 100 and I do heat water starting at RT the probe says it does heat but it does not even if I can hear the relay swiching, then Error 5.
DJF90
International Hazard

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 23-7-2018 at 00:29

Have you set the plate temperature higher than 100 C (by turning the knob). Error 5 in my experience is a case of the plate not being able to do what the probe wants, for one reason or another. Also check that the manual temp safety on the plate is not set too low - its normally a recessed (flathead) screw-type adjuster next to the on-off rocker switch on the plate, but they rarely get touched (most people don't even know they're there).

[Edited on 23-7-2018 by DJF90]
DrScrabs
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 23-7-2018 at 07:26

Setting the plate temp to max really did help at first [my plate does not have a safe temp adjuster(Basic3)] and the plate did heat up but then again, error 5 greetings [u mad bro?].
I also tried resetting it by pushing up and down on turning it on, changing the mode to B and C (pushing up on turning it on) but at the end I do not have any idea what is wrong. The funniest fact is that when I push up OR down to change the tempit heats up but as soon as I lift my finger it stops [yes I´m mad bro]
I´ll call the manufacturer tomorrow .

Go To Top