Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: Order a chemical, get something else
woelen
Super Administrator

Mood: interested

[*] posted on 25-9-2019 at 04:36

I had a similar experience with cobalt sulfate. The material I received was a fairly fine powder, which dissolves in water, but the solution is not entirely clear. On standing for a day, I get a clear rose/red solution with a very thin layer of solid matter, settled on the bottom.

I also intend to recrystallize the cobalt sulfate. You wrote you used dilute H2SO4. What concentration of the acid did you use and what concentration of cobalt sulfate did you use?

The art of wondering makes life worth living...
Want to wonder? Look at https://woelen.homescience.net
karlos³
International Hazard

Mood: oxazolidinic 8)

[*] posted on 25-9-2019 at 08:14

Wow I am lucky this has never happened to me so far!
Steam
Hazard to Others

Mood: Triple Point

[*] posted on 25-9-2019 at 18:42

Not wrong chemical but I have ordered some cyclohexanone from ebay- listing as for 1L and received 1mL... Knew it was too good to be true!

DISCLAIMER: The information in this post is provided for general informational purposes only and may not reflect the current law in your jurisdiction. No information contained in this post should be construed as legal advice from the individual author, nor is it intended to be a substitute for legal counsel on any subject matter. No reader of this post should act or refrain from acting on the basis of any information included in, or accessible through, this post without seeking the appropriate legal or other professional advice on the particular facts and circumstances at issue from a lawyer licensed in the recipient’s state, country or other appropriate licensing jurisdiction.
 Pages:  1  2

Go To Top