Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Chemistry youtubers' vids being reuploaded to chinese sites
fusso
International Hazard

shocked.gif posted on 7-9-2018 at 06:34
Chemistry youtubers' vids being reuploaded to chinese sites

Me: stumbled upon a chinese video site and discovered that some Nurdrage's videos were uploaded to that site: https://space.bilibili.com/286479171/#/
and found a few others (above only an example, not sure if I should post their links to boost plagiarists views)

Also me: excuse me wtf?!:o

Deathunter88
National Hazard

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 7-9-2018 at 09:34

Quote: Originally posted by fusso  
Me: stumbled upon a chinese video site and discovered that some Nurdrage's videos were uploaded to that site: https://space.bilibili.com/286479171/#/
and found a few others (above only an example, not sure if I should post their links to boost plagiarists views)

This happens all the time, since in China there is no such thing as "ownership" of videos/web content, and people don't mind it at all. And since youtube is blocked, I wouldn't be too upset about it. Just be happy that more people are being educated in chemistry.
Eianz
Harmless

[*] posted on 9-9-2018 at 22:53

The way i see this, is vice versa there are tons of foreign language content re-uploaded on YouTube as well
j_sum1
Administrator

Mood: Organised

[*] posted on 9-9-2018 at 22:58

Oh well, it was worth a try.
symboom
International Hazard

Mood: Doing science while it is still legal since 2010

[*] posted on 10-9-2018 at 00:09

The trick is to translate it to Chinese characters then search or use pinyin to search.
I downloaded the app to see if I can find some chemistry videos that are on there but not on youtube unlikely but that would be ironic.

Seems like a lot of fans of chemistry in China
Some comments are in english so think we will see amature chemistry soon from there.

Chemplayer on their soon thats one way some chemistry videos apparently are getting back up from youtube which would have possibly deleted more videos.

For instance
高锰酸钾
Gāo měng suān jiǎ
Potassium permanganate

If china copied so much from other countries then we could find manufacturing of different chemicals just a thought would be nice to hear from the rest of the world getting into amature chemistry the more the better especially if an big scientific achievement is made with amature chemistry.
Then it would look like the laws are hindering economic and innovative progress.

[Edited on 10-9-2018 by symboom]

fusso
International Hazard

[*] posted on 10-9-2018 at 04:13

Quote: Originally posted by symboom  
The trick is to translate it to Chinese characters then search or use pinyin to search.
I downloaded the app to see if I can find some chemistry videos that are on there but not on youtube unlikely but that would be ironic.

Seems like a lot of fans of chemistry in China
Some comments are in english so think we will see amature chemistry soon from there.

Actually just search the vids with their english channel name as keywords will give you the appropriate results.They just translated the video titles, not the username. Also, the chinese titles were made clickbaity...not the direct translation...:o

chemplayer...
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 21-9-2018 at 19:06

Very interesting! Don't really mind this - we had always wished that YouTube would provide the ability to load a narration track for a video separately in order to support multi-language narration (Chinese and Spanish would have been first on our list).

Watch some vintage ChemPlayer: https://www.bitchute.com/channel/chemplayer/
Mr. Rogers
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 24-9-2018 at 21:03

YouTube is blocked in China. I'm not really sure why re-publishing these videos on other sites is somehow bad or shocking. If you're a chem buff in China you can't get these videos from YouTube, and as a YouTuber, you presumably published your video so other people can see it? I guess I don't get the issue or outrage with this?

[Edited on 25-9-2018 by Mr. Rogers]
learningChem
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 1-10-2018 at 22:51

The idea that amateur videos can't be taken from jewtube and posted anywhere is completely ridiculous.

Copytight patents and other forms of so called 'intellectual property' are complete bullshit. And furthermore there's absolutely nothing original in amateur chemistry videos anyway.

mayko
International Hazard

Mood: anomalous (Euclid class)

[*] posted on 2-10-2018 at 05:56

"jewtube"? You're saying the quiet parts loud, my dude....

al-khemie is not a terrorist organization
"Chemicals, chemicals... I need chemicals!" - George Hayduke
"Wubbalubba dub-dub!" - Rick Sanchez
BOBardment
Harmless

[*] posted on 6-1-2019 at 18:05

Quote: Originally posted by Deathunter88  
Quote: Originally posted by fusso  

This happens all the time, since in China there is no such thing as "ownership" of videos/web content, and people don't mind it at all. And since youtube is blocked, I wouldn't be too upset about it. Just be happy that more people are being educated in chemistry.

There is, it's just that some retards think it's fun to break the law for 2 cents of ad revenue.

Go To Top