Sciencemadness Discussion Board
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: How not to get in attention of authorities?
nagyepf
Harmless

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 29-9-2018 at 01:53
How not to get in attention of authorities?

I can share some information if you live in a country where amateur chem has a very bad reputation.
First is that authorities will only visit you if they are 100% sure that they will find something illegal in your house.Except if you live in Germany.
Wikipedia says: German amateur chemists have been raided by the police, despite not being in the possession of illegal chemicals.

Second,for example whyskey makers set up their 'lab' in the middle of nowhere so they are not easily caught..although im not sure that an amateur chemist could go to the middle of nowhere every time he needs his lab.
The best thing is if you live in a small village or at a farm and not in a city where you have stupid neighbours.

For example,my uncle with his friends in 1970s and 80s were making firecrackers.They were never caught because there was no police in the village :)
And something about sharing you experiments on the internet: Proxies,VPN and Tor browser are your best friends.
I'm pretty sure that even censored counties like Cuba have amateur chemists.

[Edited on 02-09-2017 by nagyepf]

Mr. Rogers
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 29-9-2018 at 02:53

Certainly you can distill illegal alcohol in the middle of nowhere with just a heat source.

I wouldn't want an amateur lab without electricity, running water and sewer though.

Germany seems to have received the reputation as some sort of bastion of rational society or utopia, esp. on the internets in recent years. When I lived there no so long ago, it would be a routine sight to see a gang of Polizei surrounding a Turk and beating him/her within an inch of their lives with wooden batons. The German police could make the LA Police during Rodney King look like the Red Cross.

fusso
International Hazard

[*] posted on 29-9-2018 at 03:47

Buy everything offline. Pay with cash.

nagyepf
Harmless

[*] posted on 29-9-2018 at 05:21

Quote: Originally posted by Mr. Rogers  

I wouldn't want an amateur lab without electricity, running water and sewer though.

/Im planning to make an inverter which can produce 240V 6A AC from 48V 30A DC.Ok,no 100% efficiency so a bit more than 30 Amps.

nagyepf
Harmless

[*] posted on 29-9-2018 at 07:12

Quote: Originally posted by fusso  

How do you buy something like nitric acid or mercury compounds offline?
greenlight
National Hazard

Mood: Energetic

[*] posted on 29-9-2018 at 18:56

You dont buy anything online unless you absolutely can't make it yourself.

Nitric acid from potassium nitrate and sulphuric acid distillation

Mercury compounds from buying certain products that contain elemental mercury, breaking them and reacting the mercury inside with the corresponding acid

The only use for an atomic bomb is to keep somebody else from using one.
George Wald
macckone
International Hazard

Mood: Electrical

[*] posted on 29-9-2018 at 19:19

Nitric acid can be made from electricity and air. Literally. Look up birkeland-eyde process:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Birkeland%E2%80%93Eyde_process

lightning and nitrogen fixing bacteria are the two natural methods of producing fixed nitrogen.
The birkeland-eyde process is lightning in a bottle.

Unfortuantely mercury can only be gotten from ore or something containing mercury.
But you can order mercury ore (cinnabar) on-line with minimal issues. There is a thread on extracting the mercury.
You can also extract it from mercury switches which are the easiest source.
JJay
International Hazard

[*] posted on 29-9-2018 at 20:47

I'm not sure why, and it's hard to prove or even really discuss without sounding like a stark raving loon, but according to my records, I notice unusual police activity centered around purchases of distillation equipment.

macckone
International Hazard

Mood: Electrical

[*] posted on 29-9-2018 at 21:39

JJay,
I think it depends on the country as to what triggers them.

In the US, even though home distillation is illegal, it is quite common.
They specifically look for large glassware (22L or greater) and triple neck flasks.
But they also look at suspicious chemical purchases.

In Australia, it is imported glassware from china of all types from the reports.

It sounds like in germany it is more oriented around the chemicals.
While in other EU countries it is specifically nitrates and hydrogen peroxide.
With at least two members in the EU getting hung up around the chemicals.

JJay
International Hazard

[*] posted on 29-9-2018 at 22:54

Quote: Originally posted by macckone  

In the US, even though home distillation is illegal, it is quite common.
They specifically look for large glassware (22L or greater) and triple neck flasks.
But they also look at suspicious chemical purchases.

It really depends on what you are distilling and what your purpose is. Home distillation of ethanol for personal consumption is decriminalized in my area, but bootlegging is widespread, and laws against it are strictly enforced. Distillation of solvents (including ethanol) is generally legal if performed safely (there are a few weird rules). I have a post somewhere on this board where I went in depth into the Federal laws on the subject, and there is definitely an exception to permitting requirements for ethanol if the intended use is as a reagent or a solvent. Distillation of food grade alcohol without a permit for any purpose is prohibited under Federal law.

I recently applied for a government position, and I'm pretty sure they are investigating. Actually, I'm almost 100% positive that they are investigating. I'm not really doing anything differently.

[Edited on 30-9-2018 by JJay]

nagyepf
Harmless

[*] posted on 30-9-2018 at 03:28

Quote: Originally posted by macckone  
Nitric acid can be made from electricity and air. Literally. Look up birkeland-eyde process:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Birkeland%E2%80%93Eyde_process

lightning and nitrogen fixing bacteria are the two natural methods of producing fixed nitrogen.
The birkeland-eyde process is lightning in a bottle.

Unfortuantely mercury can only be gotten from ore or something containing mercury.
But you can order mercury ore (cinnabar) on-line with minimal issues. There is a thread on extracting the mercury.
You can also extract it from mercury switches which are the easiest source.

Yes I actually made nitric acid with high voltage arcs.But it takes a crazy long time to get concentrated acid.
fusso
International Hazard

[*] posted on 30-9-2018 at 05:33

Quote: Originally posted by nagyepf  

Go to the chem supplier store and buy chems there directly.

nagyepf
Harmless

[*] posted on 30-9-2018 at 06:00

Quote: Originally posted by nagyepf  

Go to the chem supplier store and buy chems there directly.

There are no chem supplier stores in my country.Even the hydrochloric acid I can get is dilute and mixed with sulfuric acid and surfactants.
Although i can make it from sulfuric acid and calcium chloride,then filtering calcium sulphate precipitate.

Herr Haber
International Hazard

[*] posted on 1-10-2018 at 03:03

"How not to get in attention of authorities?"

See your post history ? That's the wrong way of doing things if you want to avoid attention.
If your fellow hoobyist are annoyed with silly kewl questions you might want to consider what effect these questions have on authorities.

My opinion is that you are either
- Totally clueless, a danger to yourself and others
- A honeypot.
Sulaiman
International Hazard

[*] posted on 18-12-2018 at 05:21

Cash purchases only if suitably attired,
e.g. more like this

spy.jpg - 257kB
than this
ppe.jpg - 35kB

If you want to keep a low profile,
remember that your ISP is recording you,
so try to not use 'key' words such as;

Terrorism, Al Qaeda (all spellings), Terror, Attack, Iraq, Afghanistan, Iran, Pakistan, Agro, Environmental Terrorist, Eco Terrorism, Conventional Weapon, Target, Weapons Grade, Dirty Bomb, Enriched, Nuclear, Chemical Weapon, Biological Weapon, Ammonium Nitrate, Improvised Explosive Device, IED (Improvised Explosive Device), Abu Sayyaf, Hamas, FARC (Armed Revolutionary Forces Colombia), IRA (Irish Republican Army), ETA (Euskadi ta Askatasuna), Basque Separatists, Hezbollah, Tamil Tigers, PLF (Palestine Liberation Front), PLO (Palestine Liberation Organization), Car Bomb, Jihad, Taliban, Weapons Cache, Suicide Bomber, Suicide Attack, Suspicious Substance, AQAP (Al Qaeda Arabian Peninsula), AQIM (Al Qaeda in the Islamic Maghreb), TTP (Tehrik-i-Taliban), Yemen, Pirates, Extremism, Somalia, Nigeria, Radicals, Al-Shabaab, Home Grown, Plot, Nationalist, Recruitment, Fundamentalism, Islamist etc.

OH SHIT !
now they will be after me ....

[Edited on 18-12-2018 by Sulaiman]

CAUTION : Hobby Chemist, not Professional or even Amateur
unionised
International Hazard

[*] posted on 18-12-2018 at 05:31

Don't post on a public web page about trying not to get the attention of the authorities.

Also, don't mention echelon.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ECHELON

Rats!
Now they are after me too.

VSEPR_VOID
National Hazard

Mood: Fullerenes

[*] posted on 2-1-2019 at 06:54

Quote: Originally posted by unionised  
Don't post on a public web page about trying not to get the attention of the authorities.

Also, don't mention echelon.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ECHELON

Rats!
Now they are after me too.

I am surprised someone else knows about that. I had a teacher who talked about it once. Its insane no ones cares about it

Within cells interlinked
Within cells interlinked
Within cells interlinked
Felab
Hazard to Self

Mood: :dooM

[*] posted on 3-1-2019 at 02:46

In Spain there is an online store where you can buy 25l of sulphuric acid (for 26 euro + shipping), 25l of hydrofluoric acid and 1l of nitric acid for extremely cheap.

https://www.drogueriaelbarco.com/%C3%A1cidos.html

I've bought some things from them and I can tell they are not trolls or something like that.
I'm lucky to live in Spain.
BOBardment
Harmless

[*] posted on 6-1-2019 at 15:03

First step, don't post xxxx on a public form...
The best way would be getting everything you need from local dealers/manufacturers.

(I don't think anyone would need to go this far unless they are actually making meth in their kitchen)
If you really want to keep it safe and secret, use a virtual machine, get another Linux in the virtual machine, and get another virtual machine in the Linux and spoof every single one of the MAC address and IP address. (Lol)
(Tor VPNs are also a good idea)
Also, never use google for research, google keeps all of your search records forever!
Don't order anything online unless you have to, don't leave your address, pick up the package in person at the postal office.
Tape all of the cameras on your laptop and your phone.
Use fake names.
WangleSpong5000
Hazard to Others

Mood: Curious

[*] posted on 26-3-2019 at 01:11

If you want to not get attention from the authorities you must do a few things. Use no social media whatsoever... too late for most. Gain an understanding of how to remain anon on the internet... this is not very easy to do well and requires a great knowledge of cyber security.

Find out the laws of your country and/or state. Also not as easy as one would think.

But most importantly if you are committing no crime than why hide? Will they bother you? Yes. But y'know what? Fuck them... it's your right to pursue knowledge and they have no right to take that away from you law or no more... inalienable rights are not subject to any law. That said they may still throw you in the clink anyway...

If you must do illegal shit than lawyer up. So yeah, if you ain't rich this is not an option.

Hyperbole be thy name

Go To Top