Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: Mescaline synthesis
Hunterman2244
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 2-10-2018 at 18:26

Quote: Originally posted by Ubya  

Quote:

Phenylalanine is unrelated, it was just an example of the transformation I was describing. Same with the Friedel-Crafts. Just something related.

the post is about an idea you had, using glycerin to methoxylate phenylalanine, and you mentioned the Friedel-Crafts reaction to "prove" or hypothesize the use of glycerin as a viable option, so if all of this unrelated to your question, what was you question??? how to turn something into mescaline using glycerin?

I was wondering if glycerin could be cracked(?) and reacted with an Aryl ring. I mentioned that reaction because it is similar in terms of end product. I used phenylalanine because it is a well known chemical.
Sorry for double posting.
clearly_not_atara
International Hazard

Member Is Online

Mood: Big

[*] posted on 3-10-2018 at 00:11

Quote:
You seem to take me as an idiot. This question has no relevance to my knowledge in chemistry.

It has huge relevance to your knowledge [of] chemistry. Someone who understands chemistry does not expect the three carbon atoms in glycerol (which are bonded together) to become the three carbon atoms in mescaline (which are not). The fact that you would ask such a question reveals that you do not know chemistry.

You really, really, really need to admit that you do not understand these things.

I did not "misunderstand" your point. I responded to the words you wrote. If that was not what you meant, that is your fault at least as much as it is mine. It's pretty common for people with an unrealistic perception of their own intelligence to claim they've been "misunderstood". There are a thousand disproofs of quantum mechanics out there by "misunderstood" physicists.

[Edited on 04-20-1969 by clearly_not_atara]
Hunterman2244
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 3-10-2018 at 02:49

Quote: Originally posted by clearly_not_atara  
Quote:
You seem to take me as an idiot. This question has no relevance to my knowledge in chemistry.

It has huge relevance to your knowledge [of] chemistry. Someone who understands chemistry does not expect the three carbon atoms in glycerol (which are bonded together) to become the three carbon atoms in mescaline (which are not). The fact that you would ask such a question reveals that you do not know chemistry.

You really, really, really need to admit that you do not understand these things.

I did not "misunderstand" your point. I responded to the words you wrote. If that was not what you meant, that is your fault at least as much as it is mine. It's pretty common for people with an unrealistic perception of their own intelligence to claim they've been "misunderstood". There are a thousand disproofs of quantum mechanics out there by "misunderstood" physicists.

I am not the smartest, and I surely was wrong. If phrasing comes across differently, it is a misunderstanding. Someone who was so smart wouldn't bother with this. I have admitted was wrong over and over again, and I am what? To high and mighty to admit I was wrong? Albert Einstein said trying the same thing over and over again is insanity. You really keep making the same point. After all this I really haven't learned much about the chemistry, or lack thereof. I have no interest in arguing. If you want to argue, join like a flat earth or, even better, alternate history facebook group or forum. I started this to learn more about this chemistry, not to be degraded and ignored.
 Pages:  1  2

Go To Top