Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Getting a lot of "flooding" messages while trying to post
RogueRose
International Hazard

[*] posted on 3-10-2018 at 22:52
Getting a lot of "flooding" messages while trying to post

Every time I try to submit a post, I get a notice on the top of my screen that says something about a "flooding prevention" method, and that the response may have already been posted, and it has a link within the message.

Each time I've looked at the thread in a different tab and the reply is already there, even though on the submission page, it shows that it hasn't been posted.

Just thought I'd inform of what is going on.

Also on U2U, I'm getting a flood message even when sending a message after about 2 mins. I haven't checked it see if it was sent before, but it seems like I can only send every ~4 mins which is a PITA when responding to a bunch of messages at once. And this isn't sending messages to all one person, it is to different people.

Edit: This is what just came up when I tried to post this thread:

Quote:

You are not allowed to post this frequently. Flood protection is triggered when more than one post is submitted in an unexpected manner. Check if your post is already saved or try again in a few moments.
j_sum1
Administrator
Thread Split
4-10-2018 at 13:55
macckone
International Hazard

Mood: Electrical

[*] posted on 4-10-2018 at 20:49

I have also had this problem.
I generally have resolved it by not responding more than once to a thread and including responses to multiple people in a single post on that thread.
One of the mods can probably explain it but I think it is currently only allowing one post in a forum or thread for a specific amount of time which is probably kept private for spam security reasons.
Metacelsus
International Hazard

Mood: Double, double, toil and trouble

[*] posted on 4-10-2018 at 22:16

And even with the "flood prevention" the board is still flooded by spammers :mad:

As below, so above.

My blog: https://denovo.substack.com
j_sum1
Administrator

Mood: Organised

[*] posted on 4-10-2018 at 22:31

There is a sixty second delay between posting attempts. (It seems the time resets if you try to post at say, 59 seconds.)
For some reason spam reporting also triggers the delay.

Go To Top