Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  
Author: Subject: NEED SOME IODINE?
westhehess
Harmless

Mood: Bored

[*] posted on 25-12-2007 at 17:51
NEED SOME IODINE?

If your a god damn meth cook don't contact me. About 7 years ago I bought 200kg of Iodine for resale .. mostly on Ebay. I am down to my last 170g and I want to see it gone. I'm not sure of the law on buying / selling now days. If your from the Mid-western USA maybe we can just meet and do a cash transaction. The Iodine is still fresh because it's been sealed tight. Email me westhehess@hotmail.com
evil_lurker
National Hazard

Mood: On the wagon again.

[*] posted on 26-12-2007 at 10:21

Iodine is now DEA List I and most here are (or should be) very reluctant to purchase it from anyone let alone a poster who has only one post and wanting to meet up for a cash transaction.

Also most here if they need iodine are completely capable of buying an iodide salt and reducing it down to elemental form, even resubliming it if necessary... in other words, we don't need it.

I suggest you donate it to a local university and perhaps write it off on your taxes.

Not all chemicals are bad. Without chemicals such as hydrogen and oxygen, for example, there would be no way to make water, a vital ingredient in beer.
Alan
Harmless

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 26-12-2007 at 12:29

I smell bacon.
westhehess
Harmless

[*] posted on 26-12-2007 at 13:11

Quote:
Originally posted by Alan
I smell bacon.

I'm not a cop or law enforcement of any kind. I really wish you wouldn't of shared that info because now I can't be ignorant. I guess it's garbage. I was just trying to sell it to recover funds from post Christmas. Happy Holidays!
Alan
Harmless

[*] posted on 26-12-2007 at 13:33

Its pretty suspicious man, you just join forum and your first post is trying to sell some I2
Ramiel
Vicious like a ferret

Mood: Semi-demented

[*] posted on 26-12-2007 at 13:56

Plead entrapment then, more likely you're in danger of having your back legs talked off ;)
Unfortunately westhehess, if a crime has been committed, ignorance of the law is no defense - <i>mens rea</i> isn't required.

Caveat Orator
WizardX
Hazard to Self

Mood: wizardx.suddenlaunch3.com

[*] posted on 26-12-2007 at 17:36
Chemical Recycling.

Suspect indeed!! If you want to sell it for $$, then look towards a Chemical Recycling company.

http://www.google.com.au/search?hl=en&q=%22chemical+recy...

[Edited on 27-12-2007 by WizardX]

Albert Einstein - \"Great ideas often receive violent opposition from mediocre minds.\"
Sauron
International Hazard

Mood: metastable

[*] posted on 26-12-2007 at 19:25

A lousy 170 g I2 of unstated purity, is not worth much, except of course to someone clueless about how to prepare it and desperate to have it at any price, like a meth cook.

Who else would drive state to state across the US midwest to obtain less than half a pound of unknown quality I2?

Also the story about this being the last of 200 Kg that he has sold is a fish story if I ever heard one. Sold 440 lbs and yet you really need to squeeze the last few bucks out of 170 grams?

You are s9oliciting a federal crime, fella.

Sic gorgeamus a los subjectatus nunc.
chemrox
International Hazard

Mood: LaGrangian

[*] posted on 27-12-2007 at 00:27
maybe legit

I regarded this as a legitimate if possibly naive offer. Too bad we have to look over our shoulders so much. I think the best service a guy could perform these days would be to publish amphetamine syns from gasoline, paint thinner and golf course fertilizers.

"When you let the dumbasses vote you end up with populism followed by autocracy and getting back is a bitch." Plato (sort of)
MagicJigPipe
International Hazard

Mood: Suspicious

[*] posted on 27-12-2007 at 00:35

Still, too risky (even if you're not making meth) for 170g when you can buy 1kg of KI or NaI for ~$60 and have take very little risk.

Speaking of which, I found this listing on Ebay for 25g of KI for $22 + $5 s&h. What a rip! Albeit it's ACS grade but $27? Am I the only one that thinks this is a form of sodomy?

EDIT...
I guess it gets better as you buy more (as it should). 50g is $35. Still not impressed though.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Sodium-Iodide-ACS-Grade-NaI_W0QQitemZ320047557383QQihZ011QQcategoryZ104233QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD1VQQcmdZViewItem?_trksid=p1638.m118

[Edited on 27-12-2007 by MagicJigPipe]

"There must be no barriers to freedom of inquiry ... There is no place for dogma in science. The scientist is free, and must be free to ask any question, to doubt any assertion, to seek for any evidence, to correct any errors. ... We know that the only way to avoid error is to detect it and that the only way to detect it is to be free to inquire. And we know that as long as men are free to ask what they must, free to say what they think, free to think what they will, freedom can never be lost, and science can never regress." -J. Robert Oppenheimer
westhehess
Harmless

[*] posted on 27-12-2007 at 17:00
Let it be

Everyone's attitude is great. For the record. I was Reagent grade. I wasn't looking to squeeze pennies. I sold most of it several years ago. Check out user name "westhehess" It was all good and legal back then. Bought it from sciencealliance.com in Tx. The place is now out of business. What the hell I'll even tell you what I paid. $1875 delivered. Hell of a deal because I used to sell it for $300+ per KG.

Now then, let's imprint this in your brains. It has been flushed down the toilet. I may be lacking funds but I lack the want of going to prison more.
Sauron
International Hazard

[*] posted on 27-12-2007 at 18:53

Science Alliance = ScienceLab, biggest crooks on the Internet.

$300 a Kg for iodine?

No legitimate buyer would pay that. That's the price of AR grade I2. Analytical Reagent grade.

[Edited on 28-12-2007 by Sauron]

syntelman
Harmless

Mood: Tired

[*] posted on 28-12-2007 at 01:46

Science Alliance was the company run by Hobart Huson, aka Strike who started The Hive, until he got busted for his madness. I know he is out of prison but is it really him that runs ScienceLab?
Sauron
International Hazard

[*] posted on 28-12-2007 at 02:07

See the current thread Only ScienceLab.com?

A post near the end gives a link to a site that appears to indicate that Science Alliance and ScienceLab are one and the same.

Now, that might not mean that the individual you mentione, who is doubtless well known to many of the members here who are former Hive bees, is presently involved in either of those businesses (seperate or not.)

Most of the members here would like to see ScienceLab drop into a yawning chasm never to be seen again.

undead_alchemist
Hazard to Others

Mood: Tired, Cleaning up corporate messes at work!

[*] posted on 28-12-2007 at 08:20

Found a copy of the Science Alliance chemical 1999-2000 catalog on the Internet Archive
YT2095
International Hazard

Mood: within Nominal Parameters

[*] posted on 28-12-2007 at 08:35

Quote:
Originally posted by westhehess

Now then, let's imprint this in your brains. It has been flushed down the toilet. I may be lacking funds but I lack the want of going to prison more.

well that`s a bit of a Waste isn`t it!?

you could have Donated it (as was suggested earlier) or even used it for feeding Asparagus, it loves the stuff!
you could have given it to me instead, I`m UK and so not bound by your laws and ALSO have a legitimate use for it.
and it`s also used in Photography, I`m sure someone near to you would have appreciated the gift also.

oh well, at least you`ll be sure your Sewage system is quite germ free for a while :P

\"In a world full of wonders mankind has managed to invent boredom\" - Death
Twinkies don\'t have a shelf life. They have a half-life! -Caine (a friend of mine)
westhehess
Harmless

[*] posted on 28-12-2007 at 12:27
not the same

They are not the same.
anotheronebitesthedust
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 29-12-2007 at 01:38
Hobart Huson

Quote:
Originally posted by syntelman
I know he is out of prison but is it really him that runs ScienceLab?

Not out yet.

[Edited on 31-12-2007 by anotheronebitesthedust]
Drunkguy
Hazard to Others

Mood: somewhat pissed.

[*] posted on 30-12-2007 at 10:54

Yeah, I find it interesting that Science Lab (previously Science Alliance) has managed to survive after its "chief bee" (i.e. manager/founder) got stripped of his freedoms.

That company is still as shady as it ever was, but because its a decentish size organization it just LOOKS like it is legitimate, sort of an authority.

Whereas I have a masters degree in chemistry, what is surprisng about this Strike fellow is his knowledge of chemistry is self-taught. Typically people like to force the belief that until you have a PhD in chemistry you cant consider yourself qualified but this just isnt the case.

Needless to say, one can hardly envy a guy who has spent 5 years of his life behind bars.

I see the whole point of this now, even though it does not apply to me: dont order anything from Science Lab period! They are crooks that will rape your wallet and deliver nothing.

[Edited on 30-12-2007 by Drunkguy]
Sauron
International Hazard

[*] posted on 30-12-2007 at 11:23

I have no brief for this fellow, but we usually don't deal in real identities on here.

I am as curious as any of us about whether or not Science Alliance is the corporate ancestor of ScienceLab. However, this hapless inmate in a federal pen isn't running any business from prison, he isn't John Gotti. No need to pillory him - is there?

The only evidence I have seen of any connection between Science Alliance and ScienceLab is a directory on a web page whose URL was posted by anotheronebitesthedust.

That could be in error.

If a legal connection exists or existed between Science Alliance and ScienceLab then it has to be a matter of public record.

Science Alliance was in Texas wasn't it?

And isn't ScienceLab in Virginia? I seem to recall a post remarking that its office is proximate to Science Applications (SAIC) and they are certainly in northern Virginia burbs of D.C.

I'd go after the corporate records, which are usually online in the website of the secretary of state of the respective states., and the domain registration of the ScienceLab.com website. That's a simple whois query.

syntelman
Harmless

Mood: Tired

[*] posted on 30-12-2007 at 12:30

I actually agree with Sauron on this matter.
The connection between Science Alliance and ScienceLab is VERY weak, at best.
As far as I see it it is very much more likely that the naming of Science Alliance on that directory is either a mistake or an attempt to draw attention. Science Alliance was run out of Texas, and was a one man business that indulged in some shady business but never ripped people off as far as I know. Huson obviously still is in prison, my fault, so I doubt he has anything to do with ScienceLab.
anotheronebitesthedust
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 31-12-2007 at 07:59

I just saw the two names together at that site. I didn't do any research and shouldn't have jumped to a conclusion.
Sauron
International Hazard

[*] posted on 31-12-2007 at 10:39

You didn't act improperly. All you did was post a suggestive link.

No need to apologize. Pax.

indigofuzzy
Hazard to Others

Mood: Distilled

[*] posted on 31-12-2007 at 23:20

Hey, isn't flushing I2 down a toilet a crime in itself? Something along the lines of improper disposal of a toxic chemical?

My YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/DancingRain

26 elements collected so far
Swany
Hazard to Others

Mood: Sanguine

[*] posted on 1-1-2008 at 12:54

So you made ~44,000 dollars on it (300 per kilo, 200 kilos a couple thousand in costs subtracted) and couldn't find anyone to buy the last fifth of a kilo? The last 0.0085% of your stock?

No one in their right mind would have paid $180 for it plus picking up/delivering charges anyway.

[Edited on 1-1-2008 by Swany]
 Pages:  1  

Go To Top